Shooter: Gophs will wear white shoes next yr; staff thinks they look faster in white

Wouldn't turf colored green give you the fastest look since the human eye would find it nearly impossible to decipher what was feet and what was turf? You'd look like the Tasmanian Devil from the cartoons just a blur!

In memory of Billy, white shoes, Johnson...

per Shooter:

Look for the Gophers football team to wear white shoes next season. Staff theory: Players look and feel faster in white.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/31/charley-walters-zach-parises-return-means-world-to-wild/

Go Gophers!!
"TIME..." will tell, I suppose. What will happen in October & November on natural grass fields? Will white shoes translate well in the mud when the team needs to be good mudders? Some "white lightening looks combined with a whole lot of sole to handle slush, ice and mud would provide the "all weather" look & feel for Big Ten Football...may be needed as well.

Why don't all Olympic runners wear white shoes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about instead of white we do that thing they did with NHL pucks on TV, FoxTrax.... but instead gold streaks tied to their feet?

"TIME..." will tell, I suppose. What will happen in October & November on natural grass fields? Will white shoes translate well in the mud when the team needs to be good mudders? Some "white lightening looks combined with a whole lot of sole to handle slush, ice and mud would provide the "all weather" look & feel for Big Ten Football...may be needed as well.

We only play on natural grass once next year at Ohio St on 10/13.

Joe Pa back in the day felt that by wearing black cleats, opposing players would tend to not respect the speed of his players as much. This would make more sense from the psychology of shoe color standpoint.

Of course he coached better athletes than PJ has so far so perhaps PJ feels he needs to do this for the sake of his own players.

Wear white on on foot and black on the other... the alternating pattern will hypnotize the opponents....

Wear white on on foot and black on the other... the alternating pattern will hypnotize the opponents....

It will look like you are dragging one foot because of the perceived speed differential.

It will look like you are dragging one foot because of the perceived speed differential.

giphy.gif

We only play on natural grass once next year at Ohio St on 10/13.

What color shoes do you suppose tOSU will be wearing during that meeting? I don't know: maybe the GOPHER should take a cue from tOSU. Bring along a LOT of different colored shoes and do as tOSU does that day. I sure do hope that tOSU doesn't come out in their white shoes though. They seem to be pretty fast on any kind of surface regardless of the color of shoes they wear. They seem to have that nice combination of "white lightening yet they are pretty good mudders too..."

How about wisky and Nebby? What color shoes do they wear? Maybe they haven't heard about the white shoes factor yet?

I am embarrassed for the program even more if the staff actually thinks a uniform aids in any way to winning and losing. Did not have this experiment with the Brewster?

I am embarrassed for the program even more if the staff actually thinks a uniform aids in any way to winning and losing. Did not have this experiment with the Brewster?

This +1

Clearly a "fashion before function" staff. All image, no substance. (yet) Hope that changes this year on the field.

With all they put into the uniforms, I can't believe we are limiting the cleat color to just white.
Why don't they the cleats match the helmet? They should have a white, maroon, gold and gray/green version to coordinate things more.

Maroon Cleat.jpg
gold fade maroon.jpg
Maroon-gold.jpg
gold-maroon.jpg

In 1958 my first pair of white basketball shoes were fast. And now my summer walking shoes are white and zippy fast. Ya gotta believe.

:)

Top Bottom