Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Last edited by Shades; 12-29-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Can someone do me a favor and reproduce this entire article. The usual tricks aren’t working for me.
    http://m.startribune.com/lynx-begin-...ncy/505215642/

Never mind. I got it to work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    Can someone do me a favor and reproduce this entire article. The usual tricks aren’t working for me.
    http://m.startribune.com/lynx-begin-...ncy/505215642/
    Does it say anything about Carly Wagner returning to the Lynx?
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    Does it say anything about Carly Wagner returning to the Lynx?
    No

Never mind. I got it to work.
    Open it in a different browser or use an incognito window. Pretty easy to get around the paywall on the strib.

Quote Originally Posted by whalenfan View Post
    Open it in a different browser or use an incognito window. Pretty easy to get around the paywall on the strib.
    Or, you know, actually pay for the content that is not free to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by thatjanelpick View Post
    Or, you know, the strib could easily shut down things so we'd have to pay for it like most other outlets do.

Once billionaires start paying that 70% marginal tax rate, maybe I’ll start feeling sorry for them. Not.

Once billionaires start paying that 70% marginal tax rate, maybe I’ll start feeling sorry for them. Not.
    And, apparently, you also won't feel sorry for the non-billionaire staffers who do the work but won't get paid by the billionaires if no one buys their work?

And, apparently, you also won't feel sorry for the non-billionaire staffers who do the work but won't get paid by the billionaires if no one buys their work?
    That’s not how it works. Staff get paid salaries. Subscriptions are a way to add to the billionaire’s profits.

Like I said, I got the article to work. It’s not a high security thing. It’s like an ad-blocker nag screen. So I just turn off the ad-blocker to view the page, and that’s how they get paid, just like most internet sites. They just hope they can get the less savvy people to buy subscriptions to add to the billionaire’s profits. If I had to pay for an article, it’s not worth it to me. That’s my choice, not yours. I already pay for internet access and there’s a wealth of information out without paying for additional subscriptions.

Maya Moore taking the WNBA season off.
    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...a-announcement

So the rumors are true.

After reading her post on the Players Tribune, I'm actually relieved. Cuz after her last-year sometimes shooting slump, I worried that she might be sick, or something.

To learn that her sabbatical (she doesn't mention coming back to Pro Hoops, but we all hope she does) is due to her religious convictions and aspirations is a big relief.
    Last edited by CutDownTheNet; 02-05-2019 at 09:33 PM.

That’s not how it works. Staff get paid salaries. Subscriptions are a way to add to the billionaire’s profits.

Like I said, I got the article to work. It’s not a high security thing. It’s like an ad-blocker nag screen. So I just turn off the ad-blocker to view the page, and that’s how they get paid, just like most internet sites. They just hope they can get the less savvy people to buy subscriptions to add to the billionaire’s profits. If I had to pay for an article, it’s not worth it to me. That’s my choice, not yours. I already pay for internet access and there’s a wealth of information out without paying for additional subscriptions.
    I work at the newspaper. You are wrong. It is not free.

First, why are you posting the article here when it is not about Carlie? Second, I agree that we should support and keep in business our local newspaper, no matter how much the owner makes in other businesses. By the way, I also support higher tax rates on high incomes but I am pretty confident that Taylor is not making a large return on the Strib.