Gophers ‘salty’, motivated at pro day after NFL combine snub

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

For the first time since 2012, no Gophers football players were invited to the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis last month, meaning Wednesday’s pro day at the U was the best opportunity for 11 Minnesota players to showcase their abilities.

Running back Kobe McCrary, defensive tackle Steven Richardson and linebacker Jon Celestin each said they woke up at 3 a.m., anticipating their biggest chance to prove themselves at 9 o’clock. Richardson woke up three times before rising at 5 a.m.

“I was a bit salty; I felt like we got snubbed a little bit,” Richardson said about no invites to the combine or top-level all-star game appearances. “I also just use it as fuel.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/28/gophers-salty-motivated-at-pro-day-after-nfl-combine-snub/

Go Gophers!!

Anybody wanna tackle McCrary? That's an impressive looking ball carrier. I'm thinking he maybe should have gotten a few more carries for the Gophers? He got positive yards every time he was given an opportunity. Hopefully, he becomes a Viking! :cheer::clap:

Bulletin Board Material in the offseason too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All three of those guys can help an NFL team I think. McCrary would be a depth rb and help on special teams, no I would not want to tackle him. WOW.

Conspiracy Theory: Fleck didn't want any of them invited to the combine so it would help the narrative of how poor the team was prior to him showing up. :p

On McCrary, when he was given a chance for some carries, he was a tough runner. Both his years here he didn't get the chance often enough. Since it was for two different staffs, can't say that the coaches had it in for him, but it is puzzling why he didn't get more run.

Conspiracy Theory: Fleck didn't want any of them invited to the combine so it would help the narrative of how poor the team was prior to him showing up. :p

Oh man dude, these days you can't even have fun making up conspiracy theories because someone(s) somewhere will run with them...

Big fan of all three of these guys - I hope they get a chance in the NFL. I knew whenever McCrary came in for a play he was going to plow as hard as he could to get the yards.

The blurb on Woz gave me a chuckle...

Change in how the pros handle the RB position could be a plus for McCrary. He's not the most versatile guy, but he's a good one-cut runner and he'll be in someone's camp.

What does this have to do with PJ? Move to Off Topic board please.

Richardson and McCrary should most certainly be a little miffed.

Especially at the RB position, you can go from unknown to media darling by dazzling at the combine. The merit and relevance of the drills they run is another topic. It happens.

Former Viking Jerick McKinnon who just signed a big deal with the 49ers is a prime example. The combine put him on the map. Scouts will find you, sure. But, it can most certainly increase the round in which teams are willing to take somebody.

I really like McCrary as a pro prospect, despite the growing obsolescence of power backs in the NFL.

Top Bottom