Default STrib: Motzco One of Four Interviewed

http://www.startribune.com/bob-motzk...say/478072863/

Not exactly a stellar group compared to Bob.

Motzko was one of four coaches who interviewed for the job, sources told the Star Tribune. The others were Gophers associate head coach Mike Guentzel, Gophers assistant coach Scott Bell and Northern Michigan coach Grant Potulny, a former Minnesota assistant coach and three-year captain.

Potulny I think could've come in and been good, but was lacking in the experience department. Maybe next time around he'll be higher on the list.

I'm not upset with the Motzko hire, but there certainly was a lot left off the list. Seems like he knew who he wanted and was giving the assistants a complimentary interview, and Grant a nudge towards being the favorite next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    I'm not upset with the Motzko hire, but there certainly was a lot left off the list. Seems like he knew who he wanted and was giving the assistants a complimentary interview, and Grant a nudge towards being the favorite next time around.
    Bingo. Give the current assistants a feeling of a fair shot and Grant future potential.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have NEVER been so uninspired by a Big 4 sports hire!!!!!!!