Steve Richardson

He'll get run in the NFL. He'll never be Aaron Donald, but he's built like a boulder. It's like trying to move a rooted tree stump. I could see him being a quality rotational early down/short yardage 3- tech in a 4-3 that can help gobble up blockers to free LBs....while still being athletic enough to register an occasional QB pressure.

I'd love to see the Vikings give him a shot.

I hate to say it but his height is what will keep him from being drafted. He is 5’9” tops. The kid is strong and quick so he should find a home.

Mike Daniels is listed at 6-feet even and he's carved out a good career at the NFL level. Richardson may not reach that level, but I think he has a number of qualities that could land him a job. Defenses in the NFL are so specialized that a guy like Richardson may well be a fit in the right scheme.

I think Richardson has a decent career in the NFL.

Last year, he had to play a little out of position but he had a really productive career. I know he is undersized, but I never really noticed him getting manhandled. He gave a lot of really good offensive lineman fits.

I think he'll be drafted. He'll have to continually prove himself though, which I guess he's had to do his whole life so he should know how to do it. I think he'll have a nice little career. Nothing major, but a nice career.

I hate to say it but his height is what will keep him from being drafted. He is 5’9” tops. The kid is strong and quick so he should find a home.

Actually I would guess 5'10" to 5'11''. He has walked by me at practice and I am 5'9". He is taller than I am.

problem is its a draft with a bunch of DT's who are 6'4'' ahead of him. Will have to go undrafted, but Spielman should pick him up, at min put him on the practice squad for a year, then unleash hell on the NFC North.

NFL teams will view him much like P5 teams did four years ago. Likely UFA. Wherever he goes, fans of that team will ask how did he go undrafted imo.

Believe I saw 5'11.5 on Twitter today

NFL teams will view him much like P5 teams did four years ago. Likely UFA. Wherever he goes, fans of that team will ask how did he go undrafted imo.

Ding, ding, ding. Dude played -- well -- as a true frosh in the B1G. In the ensuing years he was often the best player on the field. That just doesn't change overnight. He'll be little to no factor in the passing game in the NFL, but as someone mentioned above he'll most definitely be valuable in short yardage situations. Can't wait to watch this develop during training camp!

Philadelphia rotated their defensive line often. I hear the Vikings talk about doing the same thing. Maybe the Vikes would have an interest in him as an UFA if no one picks him in the draft.

Top Bottom