ESPN: Three blue bloods and a miracle

Thank you, 100 % belong. Probably my least favorite program. As a minority i always despised them for not integrating until way after my California schools. Plus Cal is a raging narcissist. But they belong for me right after UCLA

Time frame for me is essentially when the NCAA started unifying a champion in 1939. Before that it was a free for all with thousands of games played by guys that were no longer college athletes, no governing body, people voting for champions without ever having seen the other teams. Hoop Dreams , that criteria will bring you the schools mentioned above.

Time frame for me is essentially when the NCAA started unifying a champion in 1939

If we are going back that far it's kind of a locked list...

Not a long list of schools with more than 2 national championships going back to 1939; UCLA, Kentucky, NC, Dukc, Indiana, UCONN, Kansas (Louisville until this year).

Going back 30 years (2plus);

NC: 5
Duke: 5
Kentucky: 4
UCONN: 4
Indiana: 2
Kansas: 2
Louisville: 2

No way should national tiles alone the only criteria, just interesting to see the names in those categories.

If we are going back that far it's kind of a locked list...

Not a long list of schools with more than 2 national championships going back to 1939; UCLA, Kentucky, NC, Dukc, Indiana, UCONN, Kansas (Louisville until this year).

Going back 30 years (2plus);

NC: 5

No way should national tiles alone the only criteria, just interesting to see the names in those categories.

If Billy Donovan had stayed at Florida (also 2 titles), they would be be getting some consideration. It shows it is an evolving list as Georgetown also would have previously been considered a quasi "blue blood".

I missed the bottom 3, and screwed up my math on years...

Going back to 1978 (40 years with 2 plus);

North Carolina: 5
Florida: 2
Michigan State: 2
Villanova: 2

I wouldn't ignore UCLA's titles because 10 of them are over 40 years ago, but their would have to be some sort of a lessor point scale, when you get outside of 30-40 years.

Top Bottom