Bob Motzko rumored to be named next Gopher Hockey Coach by Friday.

Dwight Schrute

When I die I want to be frozen
Reaction score
Looks like the Rumors could be true? Some insiders are hinting that Bob Motzko to be named next Gopher Hockey Coach by Friday or early next week. Look for more on this soon in the Twin Cities media as more "official" sources speak up. Apparently some key alumni/boosters have moved to the pro Motzko camp over the weekend after a meeting in St Paul to discuss the situation- including some gopher holers. This clears a major hurdle for the current St. Cloud coach. Some people close to the Mankato program also verified these rumors, as the spotlight has also been on Mike Hastings with similar rumors.

*Like all things these rumors could turn out to be bogus or circumstances change, but that is where things are at as of tonight.

If Dwight from the Office is the source who am I to say otherwise? He is assistant to the regional manager after all.

I always get a kick out of the "insiders." Exactly who are they? I don't think that Coyle will drag his feet on this.

Very good point. Who is the "Establishment" in political discussion? Who is the "deep state"? And in this case who are the "insiders"?....But for sure you must acknowledge that some people know more about the program, know more people close to the program, know a guy who knows a guy that is close to the program, etc? In this case that is who the "insiders" are.

I always get a kick out of the "insiders." Exactly who are they? I don't think that Coyle will drag his feet on this.

I'd be surprised. Motzko is a St. Cloud guy. I know this is a premier job, but hard to leave your home...

Dave Tippitt was the guy insiders were touting earlier. Who will they tout later this week?

I'd be surprised. Motzko is a St. Cloud guy. I know this is a premier job, but hard to leave your home...

I'd be surprised as well, for the same reasons you stated. However, it's next door to home and pays much better. It is a job after all. Plus he can keep the tradition of early NCAA exists, considering last weekends performance.

Very good point. Who is the "Establishment" in political discussion? Who is the "deep state"? And in this case who are the "insiders"?....But for sure you must acknowledge that some people know more about the program, know more people close to the program, know a guy who knows a guy that is close to the program, etc? In this case that is who the "insiders" are.

Let's put it this way, Dwight: who are your sources?

For what it's worth, when people say they have inside information like this, I tend to believe it. But I'd love to know where you're getting it.

This guy is just making stuff up in multiple threads.

You know as much as I do if I reveal m y sources my sources dry up. Until I can go "on the record" you will just have to deal with anonymity I guess. I assume you will hear more from official sources leaking today or tomorrow.

Let's put it this way, Dwight: who are your sources?

For what it's worth, when people say they have inside information like this, I tend to believe it. But I'd love to know where you're getting it.

I don't know much about this situation, but leaving St. Cloud seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity. Might have been the best decision Marshal Erickson ever made.

Dwight is right. Motzko is the guy. My sources also said that Tom Ward was in the mix but it was Motzko's from the beginning. Usually I am the first to break coaching news on this forum (see Fleck, Pitino).

Anyway, Motzko is a great hire. nice job, Dwight

Guess enough you'll get it right.

I've been saying Motzko for months (maybe years). Feel bad for MG, but excited about the future for Gopher hockey.

Dwight is right. Motzko is the guy. My sources also said that Tom Ward was in the mix but it was Motzko's from the beginning. Usually I am the first to break coaching news on this forum (see Fleck, Pitino).

Anyway, Motzko is a great hire. nice job, Dwight

Thanks, Its all teamwork. We could not do it without each other!

Top Bottom