Let's go Big Ten!

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
I was admittedly sour over how the season ended and missing the NCAA tournament, so I didn't follow the schedule this weekend until now.

Notre Dame is already in the Frozen 4 and Michigan and Ohio State can make it with victories this afternoon. Potentially 3 Big Ten teams in the Frozen 4 would be fantastic for the conference. I remember people going crazy a few years ago when there was a all WCHA Frozen 4. While obviously 3 < 4, it would be impressive nonetheless.

I think we've seen the conference rebound since a slow start a few years ago and this should help solidify to the masses that the B1G is a legit hockey conference.

Yes the teams have improved with all the older Canadians and other players. Still doesn't replace the instate rivalries that I miss. Fans were able to travel quite easily to opponents rinks within the conference. Yes the teams have improved, but what held the conference together as to excitement etc., has deteriorated.

Yes the teams have improved with all the older Canadians and other players. Still doesn't replace the instate rivalries that I miss. Fans were able to travel quite easily to opponents rinks within the conference. Yes the teams have improved, but what held the conference together as to excitement etc., has deteriorated.

And that sucks, but you have to know that the creation of the BTHC, long term was the best thing for college hockey as a whole.

And btw, imagine if UMn had .002 better RPI, it would be realistic to think that we could have 4 B1G teams in the Frozen Four

I've always been curious why Illinois and Northwestern haven't added hockey. Plenty of good players in that region...and Northwestern could recruit much like the Irish do.

I've always been curious why Illinois and Northwestern haven't added hockey. Plenty of good players in that region...and Northwestern could recruit much like the Irish do.
Northwestern? Have you ever met a smart hockey player? [emoji56]

I miss the old rivals, but have always said that the B1G will be the premiere college hockey conference. The old rivals in the WCHA and the NCHC were hurt more by losing the U and UW than the other way around. It took a few years for the B1G schools to catch-up, but with ND it is a monster conference.
Considering that most college players will have to earn a living outside of hockey. Would you rather have a degree from PSU, OSU, MSU or a degree from North Dakota, Mankato or St Cloud? Soon, the B1G will be able to out recruit any of the other WCHA or NCHC schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll bite. You do know who won the B1G?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A team as evil as the Badgers and Lucia's alma mater...
Again, I ask, have you ever met a smart hockey player?
b9a2250eba640379e8331d28a679c217.jpg

All kids needed by the liberal elite to show they care for the under privileged. [emoji56]

So where do your undesirables go? Oh wait, they don’t.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know about northwestern, but they did a study last year about the feasibility of an illini DI hockey team: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...big-ten-ncaa-hockey-study-20180308-story.html

So it might happen soon!

I'm wondering, when I first heard about the NHLPA involvement, I got the impression that they would help out financially? Now my guess is it wouldn't be a donation, but maybe something like a low interest loan? Maybe their helping out with the feasibility study will be the extent of their contribution? And I heard Illinois was just the first of 7 schools they were going to check into, so that might be all they are willing to do? Any Illinois alums own NHL teams? or any that are billionaires who like hockey?

I'm wondering, when I first heard about the NHLPA involvement, I got the impression that they would help out financially? Now my guess is it wouldn't be a donation, but maybe something like a low interest loan? Maybe their helping out with the feasibility study will be the extent of their contribution? And I heard Illinois was just the first of 7 schools they were going to check into, so that might be all they are willing to do? Any Illinois alums own NHL teams? or any that are billionaires who like hockey?
Bring back the program to U of I - Chicago!

Yep, UMD is our U of M brethren. Go Bull Dogs!

Yep, UMD is our U of M brethren. Go Bull Dogs!

I understand that aspect, but I still gotta cheer for the B1G. Benefits of the B1G winning outweigh the benefits of a school in the UMn system winning, imho.

Go B1G Ten? Bwahahahaha, they get beat by the best hockey team in Minnesota, the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs have flourished while our sad sack Gophers tell us about how prestigious the B1G conference is while they get out recruited and outplayed by schools like Penn State.

And we hire the coach who got St Cloud State ranked #1 and wash out of the tournament in the first round. I'm seeing a pattern with Gopher Mens teams continuing for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom