Holmgren kid for Minnehaha

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Anyone know if Holmgren kid for Minnehaha is son of former Gopher Dave Holmgren from Prior Lake? Thanks.

Already moves better then his dad. Dad ended up having playing time limited at the U because of his knees. Prior Lake had some good and tall teams back in the 80's. Dave Holmgren, Tim Hanson and Dan Muelken all 6'9 or taller played for Prior Lake.

Make sure you don't turn on the air conditioning. The kid will get blown into the ventilation system. Feed the boy some pasta momma! The kid turned sideways and I couldn't see him. [emoji23]
Other than needing some meat on the bones, the kid looked good.

Already moves better then his dad. Dad ended up having playing time limited at the U because of his knees. Prior Lake had some good and tall teams back in the 80's. Dave Holmgren, Tim Hanson and Dan Muelken all 6'9 or taller played for Prior Lake.

Tim Hanson was NOT 6'9" and he was not a good player

Make sure you don't turn on the air conditioning. The kid will get blown into the ventilation system. Feed the boy some pasta momma! The kid turned sideways and I couldn't see him. [emoji23]
Other than needing some meat on the bones, the kid looked good.

That's some great material. /S Don't quit your day job.

Seriously, Minnehaha has Suggs as a Sophomore, Holmgren as a Freshman, and Aligbe as an 8th grader. If they keep this team together, in two years you could be looking at one of the best teams in state history. They lose 2 seniors off the current rotation, but bring everyone else back. If they stay healthy, I can't see anyone from class 2A challenging them for the next couple of years.

Tim Hanson was NOT 6'9" and he was not a good player

Tim Hanson was a great high school player, and he did well in college - nothing spectacular, but ok. Regardless of what he did in college, he was a great high school player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Minnehaha needs to move up some classes! like 3AAA

Tim Hanson was a great high school player, and he did well in college - nothing spectacular, but ok. Regardless of what he did in college, he was a great high school player.

Anyone who isn’t able to recognize this is either stupid or not paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also believe Hanson was a good college player. Will never forget him and the rest of the "Iron Five".

Anyone who isn’t able to recognize this is either stupid or not paying attention.

Or has some kind of invisible agenda against him. I don't recall him as a high school player, but he was a solid Big Ten rotation player for the Gophers. That I do remember.

Minnehaha needs to move up some classes! like 3AAA

If they did move up, might as well go all in and try for a 4A title. That would be pretty cool for a school with about 90 kids in the senior class. Granted they get kids from around the metro area, but public schools do it to some degree with open enrollment.

If they did move up, might as well go all in and try for a 4A title. That would be pretty cool for a school with about 90 kids in the senior class. Granted they get kids from around the metro area, but public schools do it to some degree with open enrollment.

Really?

Who?
Perhaps we have a different definition of the word "great." [emoji56]

I think Minnehaha has around 800 kids in the top 4 grades...so unless they have some really large classes for 2019/2020/2021...I doubt its 90 kids in the senior class. I could be wrong though.

I think Minnehaha has around 800 kids in the top 4 grades...so unless they have some really large classes for 2019/2020/2021...I doubt its 90 kids in the senior class. I could be wrong though.
Math wasn't my strong suit so help me out.
I you have 800 kids in the top 4 grades, doesn't that average out to 200 kids per grade? If so, Minnehaha would be a class AAA school, not AA.
90 kids per grade gets them at 360 kids in the top 4 grades. 360 seems like a class AA school to me.

Their website says 825 kids but that is PreK - 12

341 students 9th-12th.

to get a big ten scholarship, I’d say that qualifies as a great high school player.
Who are we talking about? Von Hansen?
Please tell me who the kid is and where he played ball.
When I think great, I think of Mark Olberding, Kevin McHale, Randy Breuer, Barry Wohler, etc. I don't know who the Hansen kid is. Refresh my memory.

Mr. Basketball??

Who are we talking about? Von Hansen?
Please tell me who the kid is and where he played ball.
When I think great, I think of Mark Olberding, Kevin McHale, Randy Breuer, Barry Wohler, etc. I don't know who the Hansen kid is. Refresh my memory.

By definition, a great high school player.

Honest questions here: Holmgren is so incredibly skinny and thin-framed, is it even realistic to think he can put on a bunch of good weight? I know he is awful young, so maybe his body will still change? Second, how tall does he have to get before that is not as much of a concern? I love his skills and intensity. I remember always thinking that Randy Breuer was such a fragile-looking rail of a human, yet he was a wonderful basketball player.

Honest questions here: Holmgren is so incredibly skinny and thin-framed, is it even realistic to think he can put on a bunch of good weight? I know he is awful young, so maybe his body will still change? Second, how tall does he have to get before that is not as much of a concern? I love his skills and intensity. I remember always thinking that Randy Breuer was such a fragile-looking rail of a human, yet he was a wonderful basketball player.

Good question. Going back, Kevin McHale was tall, skinny kid coming out of high school. Over the four years at UMN he bulked up. Holmgren is really young so we'll just have to see how much weight he can gain. Right now he's a human fly paper, but who knows.

Top Bottom