NCAA Tournament 2018

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
Notre Dame and Michigan Tech head to OT with the score 3-3.

Air Force heads to the third period leading St. Cloud 2-0.

Life as a SCSU fan in NCAA Tournaments is truly awful.

Life as a SCSU fan in NCAA Tournaments is truly awful.

So is going from an Olympic size rink to a smaller one at tournament time a disadvantage? I would think so.

So is going from an Olympic size rink to a smaller one at tournament time a disadvantage? I would think so.

You’d think Gopher hockey could afford to fix that debacle at their rink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does this compare to the Holy Cross loss?

Aside from the obvious difference, it might more closely resemble UMBC vs Virginia. Both top overall seeds getting inexplicably thrashed. At least the Gophers made it to over time.

Nice job audition by the way, Bob. That is if you were indeed interested.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you missed Air Force's spectacular first goal.

Aside from the obvious difference, it might more closely resemble UMBC vs Virginia. Both top overall seeds getting inexplicably thrashed. At least the Gophers made it to over time.

Nice job audition by the way, Bob. That is if you were indeed interested.

No way it compares to UMBC. Never happened before vs trendy dark horse pick for frozen four.

No way it compares to UMBC. Never happened before vs trendy dark horse pick for frozen four.

Good point. I have done zero reading on the hockey tournament other than the quick snippet on ESPN ( I know, shame on me) in which every "expert" had SCSU in the FF, so I hadn't heard about Air Force being a trendy pick.

UMD, Notre Dame, Michigan are in.

Denver and Ohio State scoreless midway through the first. The Frozen Four will be B1G versus NCHC.

UMD, Notre Dame, Michigan are in.

Denver and Ohio State scoreless midway through the first. The Frozen Four will be B1G versus NCHC.

OSU ends up blasting Denver 5-1. Three of the four finalists are B1G teams, that's pretty impressive.

OSU ends up blasting Denver 5-1. Three of the four finalists are B1G teams, that's pretty impressive.

Rise of the new ELITE hockey conference

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

https://www.onefootdown.com/2018/4/...notre-dame-fighting-irish-frozen-four-preview

A Michigan v Notre Dame preview:

In his first year as head coach, Mel Pearson has his Wolverines rolling into the tournament. Michigan hasn’t lost in regulation since February 3rd, sweeping Notre Dame in a home and home along the way. In the Northeast Regional Final, they dominated the Boston Terriers 6-3, in which six different Wolverines scored.

Their most dangerous weapons on offense are Cooper Marody and Tony Calderone. Marody led the Big Ten in points while Calderone led the conference in goals and been a thorn in the side of Irish goaltender Cale Morris while doing so. 3 of his 18 goals have come against the Irish this season.

All year long, the Irish have relied on stellar defense and goaltending. They’ll need to do the same in order to defeat the Wolverines for the fourth time in 2018. All year long, Morris has been the star for the Irish, regarded by many as the best goalie in the nation, and rightfully so. In the month of March, however, we’ve also seen a hero emerge on offense. In the four nail-biting victories leading up to the Frozen Four, Jack Jenkins, Cam Morrison, Jordan Gross, and Dylan Malmquist have all come up clutch at the end of the game.

Bulldogs with the win over ohio state. Nothing better than an ohio state loss...except perhaps for a Notre Dame loss!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was actually happy ND scored; it was turning into a late night at XCEL. For a while I thought we were headed toward a rematch of the 2011 title game. ND/UMD should be terrific.

Yep, UMD is our U of M brethren. Go Bull Dogs!

Congrats to the Bulldogs. While I always root for the Gophers and would certainly prefer them winning it, I rooted for UMD because of the Minnesota connection. Duluth is a great city, UMD has a fine program and it's another trophy for the State of Hockey. Respect.

I find the UMD championship awesome and embarrassing at the same time. Congrats to them, played one hell of a tournament! Wish it were the Gophs though.

Congrats to the Bulldogs. While I always root for the Gophers and would certainly prefer them winning it, I rooted for UMD because of the Minnesota connection. Duluth is a great city, UMD has a fine program and it's another trophy for the State of Hockey. Respect.
I find the UMD championship awesome and embarrassing at the same time. Congrats to them, played one hell of a tournament! Wish it were the Gophs though.
UMD has the best fight song! It was fun to hear it sung last night at the X. Congratulations to a hockey program in Minnesota with a great history and now an established, winning tradition. Gotta love those outstate hockey players who just win.
https://youtu.be/3axFUiNTnoQ

Top Bottom