Dave Tippit a front Runner

Dwight Schrute

When I die I want to be frozen
Reaction score
Dave Tippett a front Runner for Gopher Job

Im hearing rumblings that Dave Tippett could be the Front Runner for the MN job?

1. Deep NHL roots
2. years as successful NHL coach - 2010 NHL coach of the year
3. UND star
4. Lives part time in Minnesota
5. Deep MN hockey roots
6. Not currently coaching
7. Knows MN recruiting and college hockey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Tippett

Read bullet 3 and realize that drops the likelihood a ton.

Doesn't have a college degree which drops it even more

Doesn't have a college degree which drops it even more

Not sure about college hockey, but I think in order to be a coach for college basketball, you need a college degree. Does that rule apply for all college coaching jobs?

Not sure about college hockey, but I think in order to be a coach for college basketball, you need a college degree. Does that rule apply for all college coaching jobs?

Apparently not. However if it is rumored that he is the forerunner and everyone knows he can't get the job as he doesn't have a college degree, that will tell you something about the source of those rumors. I want the best coach available. Where they went to college doesn't bother me.

The job posting says you need a Bachelor's degree, plus seven or more years of collegiate or professional hockey coaching experience.

The job posting says you need a Bachelor's degree, plus seven or more years of collegiate or professional hockey coaching experience.
Yay...require a worthless piece of paper to coach college hockey.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This comment is especially hilarious on the fan page for a university sports team.
Why? Because you refuse to look at college athletics for what it really is. A business. Any business that cares at this level where your degree is from or if you have one with that kind of experience is setup for failure.

Why? Because you refuse to look at college athletics for what it really is. A business. Any business that cares at this level where your degree is from or if you have one with that kind of experience is setup for failure.

No, because you called a university degree a "worthless piece of paper." Why are you even following the Gophers if the university is worthless?

By the way - most businesses on Earth require at least a bachelor's degree (and often much more) for them to even look at your resume. Do you work?

Wisconsin hired Tony Granato without a degree on the condition that he finish. He took classes last year to get it done. Tippett has only two years at UND and likely didn’t finish his last semester. That would be a long road.

No, because you called a university degree a "worthless piece of paper." Why are you even following the Gophers if the university is worthless?

By the way - most businesses on Earth require at least a bachelor's degree (and often much more) for them to even look at your resume. Do you work?
What?! I swear you just love to argue for for the sake of arguing. Where in my post did I say the U of M is worthless? All I said was degree's are meaningless when you are hiring people with a high level of experience. Sure, right out of college you go off degree cause that's all you have to base candidates off of. Anyways, I'm not sure why I'm even trying to discuss with you because you seem to have issues having a normal conversation without being sarcastic or attack with insults.

Where in my post did I say the U of M is worthless?

If you don't like having your own words used against you, don't say them. The base purpose of existence for the U of M is to grant bachelor's, professional, and doctoral degrees. You said:

worthless piece of paper

If a college degree is a "worthless piece of paper" (your exact words), ipso facto, the U of M is worthless. Again, these are your words.

All I said was degree's are meaningless when you are hiring people with a high level of experience.

You did not at all say that. Furthermore, the statement is absolutely 100% not true. Since when did doctors, lawyers, pharmacists, virtually any position in academia, etc., etc., etc. stop requiring degrees for "high level experience" positions? The U of M recently hired a new Dean of the Medical School. Someone should've told them that degrees are meaningless when hiring people with a high level of experience - they probably could've filled the position a lot more cheaply.

Anyways, I'm not sure why I'm even trying to discuss with you because you seem to have issues having a normal conversation without being sarcastic or attack with insults.

I have no issues whatsoever in having a normal conversation. I'm neither being sarcastic nor attacking with insults. If you can't defend your statements - don't make them. Simple.

If you don't like having your own words used against you, don't say them. The base purpose of existence for the U of M is to grant bachelor's, professional, and doctoral degrees. You said:

If a college degree is a "worthless piece of paper" (your exact words), ipso facto, the U of M is worthless. Again, these are your words.

You did not at all say that. Furthermore, the statement is absolutely 100% not true. Since when did doctors, lawyers, pharmacists, virtually any position in academia, etc., etc., etc. stop requiring degrees for "high level experience" positions? The U of M recently hired a new Dean of the Medical School. Someone should've told them that degrees are meaningless when hiring people with a high level of experience - they probably could've filled the position a lot more cheaply.

I have no issues whatsoever in having a normal conversation. I'm neither being sarcastic nor attacking with insults. If you can't defend your statements - don't make them. Simple.
Good talk champ

As I thought.

There is no way you aren't intelligent enough to understand what he was inferring. The fact that a man that has coached professional hockey for about a decade is unqualified to coach collegians because he does not have at least a Bachelor's degree is kind of silly. That in ABSOLUTELY NO WAY means that needing the appropriate degree to practice medicine, law, etc. is equally silly. That's just you being, once again, the most belligerent and petty person on this board. However, since those are the rules, so be it. I really don't have a problem with it.

There is no way you aren't intelligent enough to understand what he was inferring. The fact that a man that has coached professional hockey for about a decade is unqualified to coach collegians because he does not have at least a Bachelor's degree is kind of silly. That in ABSOLUTELY NO WAY means that needing the appropriate degree to practice medicine, law, etc. is equally silly. That's just you being, once again, the most belligerent and petty person on this board. However, since those are the rules, so be it. I really don't have a problem with it.

He said that degrees are worthless pieces of paper. If that isn't what he meant to say, he shouldn't have said it. It isn't difficult to say what you mean and if you can't defend what you say - again, don't say it. I attacked what he said and didn't insult him or say anything about him as a person. Meanwhile, you attack me personally and call me names. I hope you feel good about your contribution.

A spade is a spade. If you don't like it, don't give people a reason.

Moving on, as I will no longer participate in bickering, what's your thoughts on Mr. Tippit, assuming he is or could become qualified to be the next coach? From what I've read, he is a defensive minded coach. In my opinion, I don't think that'd a great fit. Could work over time, but currently the roster suits a faster paced, offensive style. I also think many fans here would quickly become frustrated watching the Gophers play like WI.

Top Bottom