RandBall: U coach P.J. Fleck finding 'fun' in building starting QB from scratch

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per RandBall:

The candidates are redshirt freshman Tanner Morgan, junior college transfer Vic Viramontes, sophomore Seth Green and true freshman Zack Annexstad. They are all tied in a very important category: Division I passes thrown (zero), meaning this is a true competition in every sense. Fleck has already said he’d prefer to settle on one starter instead of using two QBs this season.

But figuring things out is going to be … fun? That’s at least part of how Fleck is approaching it.

“We’ve got a lot of work to do there. We have a bunch of guys that have never thrown a pass in college football. That’s not an excuse, that’s just reality,” Fleck said Tuesday evening at the conclusion of practice. “That’s the fun of it. We get to develop from the ground up. But I think we’re making strides. … We have to take major, major steps forward as we continue in the spring.”

http://www.startribune.com/u-coach-...-building-starting-qb-from-scratch/477525923/

Go Gophers!!

Let's hope the fun continues when one of these young men actually takes snaps from center in a real game.

It will be fun if someone(s) pan out .... less so if it doesn't work out :(

I'd like to see how much improved our O-Line is. It is a crying shame not having good depth on top of injuries in the O-Line last season.

I can't believe he haven't gotten the ever important "Who throws the best spiral?" report yet, on these new QBs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I can't believe he haven't gotten the ever important "Who throws the best spiral?" report yet, on these new QBs.

You'll know when they name a starter. Can't imagine there is another criteria that will be used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gee, and I was hoping for a positive thread. Another minute wasted.

Kind of hard to know who throws best spiral when all the practices so far have been closed to the public.

What an ironic response.

ueZhT5k.gif

It's a running joke...

I know. forgot the sarcasm font!
Even the short little video on the QB's doesn't show the ball enough to judge who throws the best spiral either. Have to wait til Tuesday for that.
You would think since the ball is the program, the video department would show the ball more in the promo's of practice. :)

I sure hope it's not used as an excuse, considering nearly every program in the country has to start a guy without a Division 1 attempt at some point.

Limiting eligibility tends to cause player turnover occasionally.

Top Bottom