Video: Vic is bringing the flow, swagger and is already speaking the culture.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Two thumbs up for the throw-back glasses! Fleck said they are way ahead of last year.

I was totally expecting him to announce he was puttin' on the foil.

IMG_5518.JPG

Ha! Who would not remember the Hanson Brothers. Vicious Vic could be the fourth brother.

The Hanson Brothers were based on the Carlson brothers of the Fighting Saints.

What's not to like? He's gonna be easy to root for.

A QB who likes the weight room the most doesn't instill a ton of confidence in his actual QB ability.

A QB who likes the weight room the most doesn't instill a ton of confidence in his actual QB ability.

*rolls eyes so hard they roll to the back of my head*

He's got to build up those huge pipes for arms. I heard Morgan also spent a lot of time in the weight too.

These guys probably spend just as much time in video/film study and learning the playbook. We shall soon see how these QBs are going to battle it out.

Based on what Thomas Barber said recently, Tanner Morgan is a serious contender for the starting position. He is determined and is putting in all the hard work. He's got a RS year's worth ahead of the other guys except for Seth Green. Good to hear.

The more I hear, the more I see the possibility of a Morgan/Vic quarterback rotation. One throws better and one runs better. That doesn’t sound all bad to me, assuming the thrower isn’t a really poor runner and the runner isn’t a really poor thrower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I hear, the more I see the possibility of a Morgan/Vic quarterback rotation. One throws better and one runs better. That doesn’t sound all bad to me, assuming the thrower isn’t a really poor runner and the runner isn’t a really poor thrower.

I don't believe that is a possibility, unless the runner is really bad at throwing and the thrower is really bad at running.
In looking at the PJ/KC offense at WMU and with the way the QB situation played out last year, they seem to prefer a QB who can make good reads and throws, over one who can make good reads and can run.
Unless VV becomes a better passer than his stats show at the JuCo level or Seth dramatically improves in his passing accuracy, I don't believe either will be a starting QB here.

A QB needs some strength, but his main abilities need to be in reading defenses/coverages and being able to get the ball out on time to the open receiver. None of those things require weight room time. They require time in the film room and or out on the field throwing actual passes. Therefore my comment.

A QB needs some strength, but his main abilities need to be in reading defenses/coverages and being able to get the ball out on time to the open receiver. None of those things require weight room time. They require time in the film room and or out on the field throwing actual passes. Therefore my comment.

Got it. But I don't think they need to be mutually exclusive. I can't imagine that he's missing film room time or route throwing time because he's doing military presses in the weight room.

Back in the day when I was somewhat obsessive about lifting, I remember liking weight room time the best too. Chicks dig the long ball.

Have we had a QB take an entire season's worth of snaps lately? Too lazy to look.

We will likely see two QB's and Fleck said as much in his pre-camp presser. He's not committed one this year after learning from last year.

I'd venture to guess that most good dual threat QBs spend a lot of time in the weight room. Being over 6'0" and 200 lbs while being fast enough to run and big enough to take hits will require most normal human beings to spend a lot of time in the weight room. Cam Newton looks like he may have spent some time in the weight room.

Training and spending time in the weight room are not mutually exclusive, heck, Tom Brady owns an entire training facility.

Look at some of the physical measurements of the QBs at the combine, they are physically impressive.

I recall MG5 using the strength gained in the weight room to basically win a game vs IA as a QB.

I recall MG5 using the strength gained in the weight room to basically win a game vs IA as a QB.

This?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6AvU5Qmw_f0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6AvU5Qmw_f0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That works, but I also recall a critical 1st down run earlier in the game where he flat out carried a couple defenders.
Q was wicked strong.

Cam Newton, Tim Tebow, Jalen Hurts, DeShaun Watson ...

Unfair comparisons, but weightroom junkies.

I think every QB is a bit different, particularly with finesse type positions where you're trying to throw accurately.

At that point maybe the dude feels he's better with some more muscle.

Other guys don't need it as much.

Who doesn’t feel better after a good workout? Powerful medicine...

Legit just watched Hurts, speaking of, squat 600 pounds the other day. Teams love a guy that leads by example on the field and in the weight room. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a weight room junkie as a QB

Top Bottom