Former Gopher Marcus Sherels among free agents Vikings may re-sign

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib:

Figure about $2 million to $3 million in salary cap space needed for the Vikings’ eight-pick draft. They also will make more free-agent moves, including possible re-signings of kicker Kai Forbath, cornerback Terence Newman or cornerback Marcus Sherels. They could be in the ballpark of $7 million for those three, or similar free agents.

http://www.startribune.com/terence-...-20-million-in-cap-space-remaining/477341093/

Go Gophers!!

Maybe the Gophers can bring him back to handle punt return duties?

I would think that Sherels would sign for less money to stay with the Vikings. Not too many jobs would give him that kind of money and he would be able to add to his pension etc. On top of that at his age not sure if other teams would be willing to sign him unless of course another low ball offer. I think he is an excellent punt return player and hope that he can get a reasonable contract with the Vikings and lead to the team to a Super Bowl.

He is one of those steady role players you'd want on your team. He has been pretty consistent and durable. I hope he is resigned and continue to beat out other special teams players for a roster spot.

Top Bottom