CBS: Michigan Offers Scholarship To Middle School QB

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

When you need a quarterback, it’s always best to start out early.

A report out of the Jackson Sun says that Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan Wolverines have offered 8th grader Ty Simpson a scholarship.

Ty, who’s an eighth-grader at Martin Middle School, couldn’t believe it. Ty had tweeted out videos showing him going through footwork and throwing drills.

It peaked Harbaugh’s interest, and Ty visited Michigan.

What came next shocked even him: Harbaugh extended an offer for the 2022 quarterback.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/03/16/report-michigan-offers-scholarship-to-middle-school-qb/

Go Gophers!!

I'm glad I didn't have a twitter account in middle school.... his is better than mine would have been.

Easy money for Jim. Gets him in the news and he can rescind the offer at any time

It "peaked" Harbaugh's interest? Did it really? Wow. Journalism is dead.

Coach Goofy McKhakipants will either be remembered with the legends or will be a complete embarrassment to college football coaching. There is no in between and my money is on the latter. There is a good chance that the kid won't pan out in the next two or three years and whoever is UM's coach will rescind the offer. It likely won't be Jimmy as Slab pointed out.

Harbaugh will not be the Michigan coach in 2019, let alone 2022. Off to the NFL...

And I'll say it again. Some coach, somewhere, sometime, is going to extend a scholarship offer to a fetus. It's going to happen.

And I'll say it again. Some coach, somewhere, sometime, is going to extend a scholarship offer to a fetus. It's going to happen.

Well that's only because the fetus's genetics are own by a friendly corporation anyway.... the fetus doesn't have much choice....

aren't eric decker and jessie james expecting a baby boy any day now. i'm not saying, p.j., i'm just saying.

Well that's not smart...we can't assume the baby's gender preference until they are old enough to decide! (Because children with still developing brains shouldbe the ones to decide, I mean you're the parent why make decisions cause it's not about you)

Of course I'm sure football will be banned because of the dangers but things like alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana will not due to an individuals right to decide.

Where's Bob to render a legal decision on this!

Seriously, all sarcasm aside (because if I didn't declare that one of you overly sensitive types would claim I don't get it) this is a crazy world we live in.

In all seriousness, I honestly think there should be some kind of age limit on when you can extend a formal scholarship offer.

Personally, I would say a kid has to be in High School before he can be offered. I know Hockey offers a lot of young kids. There's a kid from SW MN who is a promising Goalie. He's 15 and just made a verbal commitment to Colorado College.

In all seriousness, I honestly think there should be some kind of age limit on when you can extend a formal scholarship offer.

Personally, I would say a kid has to be in High School before he can be offered. I know Hockey offers a lot of young kids. There's a kid from SW MN who is a promising Goalie. He's 15 and just made a verbal commitment to Colorado College.

They have a pretty cool logo!

Top Bottom