Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post

Yeah...but...veteran presence. It was him and .180 hitting Chris Giminez that were the clubhouse leaders last year and look what happened without them.

Twins fans, we have been dealt another blow to our 2018 postseason chances. Belisle has landed on the DL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingMyTailOff View Post
    Twins fans, we have been dealt another blow to our 2018 postseason chances. Belisle has landed on the DL.
    DL. Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Batting average isn't a counting stat.
    You are correct. I meant to say traditional stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    I never cared for Lance Lynn much, but now I downright detest him. Was it just that he didn't care when he was here? Knows that he can't get away with shatass pitching in the Bronx? WTF
    It was against the White Sox. Letís see what he does in his next few starts.

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    The Twins organization wants to rebuild their fanbase from the ground up. I stopped watching them.
    My guess is Belisle on the team is Molitorís decision just like Grossman. No inside knowledge, just a guess.

Blog Entries

Mejia has been lights out his last 3 outings. Naturally he hurts his arm. MN sports fans can't have nice things.

Jeezuss. Hildenberger is cooked. In his last 11 outings, he's given up at least 1 hit in 10 of 11 outings. he's allowed at least 1 run in 5 of last 11 outings, including multiple runs in 4 of 11 outings. Last 2 outings - 2 IP, 5H, 4R, 4 ER, 2 HR.

Time to shut it down and bring up a fresh arm from the minors.

FWIW - JC Chargois - last 11 appearances for the Dodgers allowed a total of 4H and 0R. But the Twins let him go.

Fernando Rodney sent to Oakland.

go Twins & Gophers go.

Oh my kid is going to be crushed. He loved the intro music and arrow shooting routine.

For those who haven't dug into the Rodney trade yet:

The Twins traded Rodney for a Class A pitcher. Who has thrown 5 innings this year. Who is on the disabled list. who is NOT ranked among the top 30 prospects in the Oakland farm system.

In other words, the Twins just gave away their closer for virtually nothing.

If Terry Ryan made this trade, fans would be lining up outside the stadium with torches and pitchforks.

Get ready for more bullpen follies the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    For those who haven't dug into the Rodney trade yet:

The Twins traded Rodney for a Class A pitcher. Who has thrown 5 innings this year. Who is on the disabled list. who is NOT ranked among the top 30 prospects in the Oakland farm system.

In other words, the Twins just gave away their closer for virtually nothing.

If Terry Ryan made this trade, fans would be lining up outside the stadium with torches and pitchforks.

Get ready for more bullpen follies the rest of the season.
    It's not nothing. It's swinging for the fences. The kid is 21, coming off Tommy John surgery. He had an upper 90s fastball with 2 breaking balls. Oakland had to pay him 1 million plus to stop him from playing college ball at UGA. But in addition to the arm issue, he's been a problem with booze. In his year at A ball, He's striking out more than 1.5 batters per inning. If it doesn't work? So what? I like Rodney, but we're the same age.

Blog Entries

I'm meh on this. I won't really miss the Fernando Rodney Experience in the 9th inning next year. But he was a pretty good value at $4 million. But they can get equivalent arms in FA. They will now have at least $55 million to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakin' The Plane View Post
    It's not nothing. It's swinging for the fences. The kid is 21, coming off Tommy John surgery. He had an upper 90s fastball with 2 breaking balls. Oakland had to pay him 1 million plus to stop him from playing college ball at UGA. But in addition to the arm issue, he's been a problem with booze. In his year at A ball, He's striking out more than 1.5 batters per inning. If it doesn't work? So what? I like Rodney, but we're the same age.
    Exactly. Highest possible upside available from the org that happened to claim him.