2018 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Molitor should have pinch ran Rosario for Grossman in the top of the 9th. I think Rosario would have scored on the Adrianza hit.

I'd say this was unbelievable, but I've seen this play out too many times to count. Enough. Stupid decisions by the manager and a guy who never should have been the closer on this team to begin with.

Just got done with a meeting and checked the score. I just laughed when I saw what happened. So bad it's funny.

Just got done with a meeting and checked the score. I just laughed when I saw what happened. So bad it's funny.

Yep, went into my haircut just after the first guy got on base, and I KNEW what was going to happen at that point. Checking the score after I got out just confirmed it.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pat Reusse: Twins setting sad standard for 'This Is How We Baseball'

The Twins journeyed to Yankee Stadium and lost four straight by various means — the last coming after Sano stumbled and made a lousy throw to start a bottom-of-ninth rally, and then Rodney served up a three-run game loser to Gary Sanchez.

Which is pretty much how the Twins always baseball in the Bronx.

Meantime, Buxton now is trying to recover from fouling a baseball off his toe in some goofy rehab (from migraines?) moment in Fort Myers, and Santana remains behind schedule, and you have baserunners being lost on delayed-steal attempts vs. an opposing pitcher plagued by control problems.

I blame all of these bad happenings on this:

A pox placed by Laure Lemmerman of Fulda, Minn., and every other teacher who tried to instruct us in English on the Twins for authorizing the use of baseball as a verb.

http://www.startribune.com/twins-set-interesting-standard-for-this-is-how-we-baseball/481075601/

Win Twins!!

He'll be up in the Majors relatively soon I have to think

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Win Twins!!

That's good news about Gonsalves. Time to get straightened out vs the Reds. At least the Clevelanders are also scuffling.

I'm afraid we're to the part of the season already where we feel good when they put up a good fight even though they lost. We can focus on Max Kepler - he's hitting like crazy.

I was at the game and it is the same mood as when we lost a 100. We know we are going to give up 5+ runs and usually early. So the question always is, do you stay and hope it is a night we score 6+ runs, or do you just give up on the season and try to sell your tickets at this point.

The inability to find consistent pitching is a plague.

Fernando Romero to make the start on Wednesday. Excited to see what he can do. Hughes to the bullpen.

I was at the game and it is the same mood as when we lost a 100. We know we are going to give up 5+ runs and usually early. So the question always is, do you stay and hope it is a night we score 6+ runs, or do you just give up on the season and try to sell your tickets at this point.

The inability to find consistent pitching is a plague.

So I take it you're a season ticket holder - or partial?

I have to admit, although I'd rather have a winning team, for which I'd pay more to see important games, I'm of a mind to make lemonade out of lemons if this thing continues south. There will be some cheap tickets available on beautiful evenings with Berrios pitching.

I am in a coop so I buy a certain number a year off a person who buys a season worth. So partial. Last night we told ourselves the same story we have been in awhile. we love watching baseball on nice nights, so that was worth our money.

I'm a partial season ticket holder, and even though Sunday's game was not well played, I got to sit in the sun with my son and have cold beverages. It was a good day. Tomorrow, I'm going back instead of going to work.

Fernando Romero to make the start on Wednesday. Excited to see what he can do. Hughes to the bullpen.

I'm excited to see what he can do! Is this move the new guys? Seems like in years past it would be another 3 years before we would see this guy!

I'm excited to see what he can do! Is this move the new guys? Seems like in years past it would be another 3 years before we would see this guy!

Takes a while to retrain a guy to pitch to contact.

The tubby Third baseman will be back in July, at current pace. Guy is eating himself out the major leagues.

Yikes! Rough start for Gonsalves in his first AAA start in Rochester;

7.2 innings; 0 ER, 5 K’s, 1 BB, ONE hit.

Looks like he pitched very well today. 5.2IP, 4H, 3BB, 5K, 0ER. Lynn may end up being the odd man out of the rotation once Santana returns.

Chip: Opposing batters, not rookie Fernando Romero, should be the nervous ones

Romero started the season in Class AAA Rochester after a fantastic spring training in which he did not allow a hit in eight innings. The organization probably didn’t expect to promote him this soon, but a lousy few weeks has created a sense of urgency.

The team could no longer afford to sit patiently and hope Phil Hughes started to pitch better. Too much is at stake to keep spinning their wheels. The hope now is that Romero settles in and remains part of the rotation for a long time.

“I’m thankful the Minnesota Twins gave me the opportunity,” he said. “I don’t have time to waste it.”

Romero, a native of the Dominican Republic, called his mother after being told he was headed for the big leagues. She shouted and jumped up and down, then passed along the news to his father.

“My dad went crazy,” he said.

The reaction probably was similar while watching his debut. Molitor removed Romero with two outs in the sixth inning. Romero pointed to the sky as he walked off the field to a standing ovation.

After the game, Molitor presented him with a game ball that was placed inside a baggie. Written on the bag was “first strikeout” in black marker. Romero struck out the first batter he faced, Curtis Granderson.

“That’s what I call history,” Romero said.

http://www.startribune.com/opposing...-romero-should-be-the-nervous-ones/481576401/

Win Twins!!

First ever big league strike out is granderson? That's pretty cool!

Top Bottom