2018 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He serves two purposes: a right-handed bat off the bench, and a "this is where you're headed" warning for Sano.

I'd guess Mauer's latest ailment might be worse than people are letting on as well.

Could be, but I wouldn't assume it from this. They've been terrible against lefties the last few weeks and they literally got him for nothing but cash considerations. I'd rather they'd taken a run at Bautista since he owns Target Field.

If this team could start hitting, the sky's the limit.

Sano has been activated. I'm guessing we'll see him at 1B a few times with Mauer being out.

Twins have a 3.13 ERA in May, yet are only 12-12. Just average hitting and they’re probably in 1st place.

At this time, Rosario is better than Buxton and it's not even close.

Win Twins!!

Molitor’s use of the bullpen continues to be mind-boggling. He used 3 pitchers in the 7th inning. The 3 combined to throw just 11 pitches. After Duke was pulled, there were just 2 pitchers left (assuming Reed wasn’t available because he pitched the last 3 days). What makes it worse is Hildenberger was pulled for a left handed pitcher after 5 pitches even though he’s the best against left handed batters on the team. He also seems to think Duke is a lot better than he really is.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Molitor’s use of the bullpen continues to be mind-boggling. He used 3 pitchers in the 7th inning. The 3 combined to throw just 11 pitches. After Duke was pulled, there were just 2 pitchers left (assuming Reed wasn’t available because he pitched the last 3 days). What makes it worse is Hildenberger was pulled for a left handed pitcher after 5 pitches even though he’s the best against left handed batters on the team. He also seems to think Duke is a lot better than he really is.

Duke needs to go.

Duke needs to go.

He's fine as a #6 or #7 reliever but shouldn't be used in critical situations as much as he has been. Left-handers are hitting just .156 against Hildenberger, he should be used more as if he is a left-handed pitcher.

He's fine as a #6 or #7 reliever but shouldn't be used in critical situations as much as he has been. Left-handers are hitting just .156 against Hildenberger, he should be used more as if he is a left-handed pitcher.

Agreed.

At this time, Rosario is better than Buxton and it's not even close.

Win Twins!!

For sure. Rosario is the first of the young players I would sign to an extension. Kepler is second. I'm not sure there's a 3rd right at the moment.

Yeah. Severe over-managing there. Hildy would have been fine. Or he should have left Pressly in.

I fear they're going to find an excuse to keep him in the rotation when Santana comes back at the expense of Romero.

I fear they're going to find an excuse to keep him in the rotation when Santana comes back at the expense of Romero.

Visiting with my nephew up at the lake over the weekend, and he had a keen take: the Las Vegas Knights have had the unique advantage of having no baggage like the Wild have, for instance, with Dumba: a first-round pick that they feel they need to stick with and give every chance to and who they kept instead of Tuch, who's been a key cog for LV. Similarly, the Twins - or any team for that matter - has guys like Lynn: a free agent that you need to get value out of, even if you give him way more rope than he should get.

Visiting with my nephew up at the lake over the weekend, and he had a keen take: the Las Vegas Knights have had the unique advantage of having no baggage like the Wild have, for instance, with Dumba: a first-round pick that they feel they need to stick with and give every chance to and who they kept instead of Tuch, who's been a key cog for LV. Similarly, the Twins - or any team for that matter - has guys like Lynn: a free agent that you need to get value out of, even if you give him way more rope than he should get.

Unfortunately, decision makers in every profession fall victim to the sunk cost fallacy.

Probably true. So far, Falvine have not fallen victim to this, and Lynn is only a one year deal. So it really shouldn't apply here. They don't have to cut him, just put him in the bullpen and wait for the inevitable need for another starter.

Probably true. So far, Falvine have not fallen victim to this, and Lynn is only a one year deal. So it really shouldn't apply here. They don't have to cut him, just put him in the bullpen and wait for the inevitable need for another starter.

It'll also be good to see Romero see teams for a second time before we crown him a perm fixture of rotation

It'll also be good to see Romero see teams for a second time before we crown him a perm fixture of rotation

Yes. I think he will be OK. Also he probably can't go more than 150 innings this year, as I think he only went 130 last year. So no sense wasting any in AAA.

Through 11 innings tonight, Twins batters have been walked 9 times along with a HBP, yet have scored just 1 run.

I would not have taken Gibson out after 101 pitches (or whatever it was). He was cruising.

The offense is so bad. Grossman is their DH and hits .219 with no power. I have no idea why they are keeping him around. Buxton is completely lost. Dozier is having an awful year. Escobar is in a month-long slump. Cut Grossman. Give Buxton a few weeks in AAA. Get Carter, Granite and Nick Gordon up here. They can't be worse.

Bad news all around. Very disquieting about Santana - starting to doubt we'll see him this year.

Bad news all around. Very disquieting about Santana - starting to doubt we'll see him this year.

It boggles the mind that Santana didn't have that surgery in October. Someone blew that decision big time.

It's so predictable it's not even funny anymore.

Twins player gets hurt - they keep him on the active roster because "we don't think he'll need to go on the DL." 6 days later - player goes on the DL.

Twins player gets hurt, and team says "we don't think it will require surgery. we'll be able to rehab it." 2 months later - player has surgery.

They lead the Milky Way Galaxy in mis-diagnosing injuries and taking the wrong path in treatment.

If I was Falvine, I would fire every member of the organization who has anything to do with diagnosing and treating injuries, and supervising rehab. every stinkin' one of them.

It's so predictable it's not even funny anymore.

Twins player gets hurt - they keep him on the active roster because "we don't think he'll need to go on the DL." 6 days later - player goes on the DL.

Twins player gets hurt, and team says "we don't think it will require surgery. we'll be able to rehab it." 2 months later - player has surgery.

They lead the Milky Way Galaxy in mis-diagnosing injuries and taking the wrong path in treatment.

If I was Falvine, I would fire every member of the organization who has anything to do with diagnosing and treating injuries, and supervising rehab. every stinkin' one of them.

I always ask the doctor, What would you do if this were your toe?

Top Bottom