Hank Bachmeier and Max Duggan

I disagree with any celebration that views simply offering a guy, regardless of position, as some sort of victory or accomplishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJ didn't go out and recruit Terrell. He was already signed and had a year of college football under his belt when PJ got there.

Thanks for the clarification.

I disagree with any celebration that views simply offering a guy, regardless of position, as some sort of victory or accomplishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

I'm sure everyone can remember the running joke that previous recruits had the "Western Michigan" stamp of approval. Who knew then, the guy trowing out offers to everybody would end up being the Gophers' coach?

inside info is that Hank's dad wants him to stay out west in a more "proven" offense like a boise state, take that for what its worth. The staff is higher on Duggan at this point. Word is Duggan visited Notre Dame and neither the OC or Kelly was on campus to meet with him, and Max has eliminated them at this point. I believe we are the current favorites to land Duggan.

inside info is that Hank's dad wants him to stay out west in a more "proven" offense like a boise state, take that for what its worth. The staff is higher on Duggan at this point. Word is Duggan visited Notre Dame and neither the OC or Kelly was on campus to meet with him, and Max has eliminated them at this point. I believe we are the current favorites to land Duggan.

I can't blame Hank's dad. It might be hard for us to land a highly recruited QB until we show that we can develop a competent offense.

I'm not fretting over a huge QB signing this year. Not to denigrate Morgan or Green at all (one of them could well turn out to be the man), but I think we are in the best shape at QB in recent memory with VV and Annexstad. We need to be more concerned in 2020 and beyond. We will have a proven offense by then if our coaches can coach. We have 4 young QBs and Fleck has made it clear that any one of the four could win the job. That should mean we have good depth for years. Fleck is right to not want a recruit that doesn't really want us. Not saying we should tell either of these recruits to look elsewhere, but if they do, I'm fine with that for this year.

I would guess the staff became higher on Duggan right around the time Hank's dad decided his son should opt for a different offense.

I'm not fretting over a huge QB signing this year. Not to denigrate Morgan or Green at all (one of them could well turn out to be the man), but I think we are in the best shape at QB in recent memory with VV and Annexstad. We need to be more concerned in 2020 and beyond. We will have a proven offense by then if our coaches can coach. We have 4 young QBs and Fleck has made it clear that any one of the four could win the job. That should mean we have good depth for years. Fleck is right to not want a recruit that doesn't really want us. Not saying we should tell either of these recruits to look elsewhere, but if they do, I'm fine with that for this year.

What makes you like Annexstad over Morgan?

IMHO which is not worth much, I would rather have them get a Dual Threat style QB than a Pro style.

Tracy Claeys: *Fights for non-power 5 quality quarterbacks* *GopherHole trys to convince themselves that they're getting a diamond in rough*

PJ Fleck: *Shoots for the moon, doesn't immediately get a 4 or 5 star quarterback* *Gopherhole goes crazy*

These notions that people have developed are just false.

Kill/Claeys regime developed Leidner from a 2/low 3 star TE into one of the best QBs statistically in school history. The QB that showed Gophers fans the most wins in a 4 year period since schools were desegregated, and was brought into NFL training camps at QB. Nobody needed to be convinced. He was a diamond in the rough. Nobody else we've had fits that definition.

"Fights for non-power 5 QBs." What in God's name does this even mean? Kill/Claeys got QBs in that were fairly highly rated (in relation to what you're trying to convey, here). Seth Green was rated just as highly as Viramontes. Rodenz-McKinzie and Demry Croft were both rated higher than Tanner Morgan. Fleck currently had Kramer committed st a ranking lower than all mentioned above. They didn't work out for Kill/Claeys, and that's yet to be seen for Fleck. But, Flecks first two QB signees and most recent commit are actually rated lower than the guys the previous regime brought in.

So, it kind of seems that pretty near the polar opposite of what you think is reality.

Thanks t-docious. Post # 35 is the winner to my request for insider info.

He is "warm" to six teams. Possibly five after the sour visit to ND. In the predictions as of today, he is at 77% NE and 13% MN. I think it is too early to put any credence on early predictions.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Max-Duggan-90616/RecruitInterests

IMHO which is not worth much, I would rather have them get a Dual Threat style QB than a Pro style.

The tough thing with having a dual threat QB is that it kind of means you need two decent QBs (they really open themselves up to injury).

With all due respect, you may turn out to be right - but you're basing your "best shape" comment on two guys who have never taken a snap for the Gophers. For that matter, they've never taken a snap in a D1 FB game. Viramontes has played 1 year of JUCO ball. From all accounts, he's a good athlete. but is he a D1 QB? That remains to be seen. again, he could turn out to be a great QB - but I want to see the guy play before I decide. And Annexstad is coming right out of HS. He will have to be really good to leapfrog Morgan on the depth chart.

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying you are taking a lot on faith.

There's always that question about Why don't people come here where they have a better shot at starting!?!?!

I think croots family see it more as I / he could start there ... and suck with everyone else I guess.... naw.

I think concerns about the program way way way outweigh "hey I can probabbly start there".

These notions that people have developed are just false.

Kill/Claeys regime developed Leidner from a 2/low 3 star TE into one of the best QBs statistically in school history. The QB that showed Gophers fans the most wins in a 4 year period since schools were desegregated, and was brought into NFL training camps at QB. Nobody needed to be convinced. He was a diamond in the rough. Nobody else we've had fits that definition.

"Fights for non-power 5 QBs." What in God's name does this even mean? Kill/Claeys got QBs in that were fairly highly rated (in relation to what you're trying to convey, here). Seth Green was rated just as highly as Viramontes. Rodenz-McKinzie and Demry Croft were both rated higher than Tanner Morgan. Fleck currently had Kramer committed st a ranking lower than all mentioned above. They didn't work out for Kill/Claeys, and that's yet to be seen for Fleck. But, Flecks first two QB signees and most recent commit are actually rated lower than the guys the previous regime brought in.

So, it kind of seems that pretty near the polar opposite of what you think is reality.

+1

Max Shortell and Phillip Nelson were rated higher than Morgan and Kramer too.

Dudley Do Right Duggan ought to hitch his wagon to the up and coming team north of the border.

There's always that question about Why don't people come here where they have a better shot at starting!?!?!

I think croots family see it more as I / he could start there ... and suck with everyone else I guess.... naw.

I think concerns about the program way way way outweigh "hey I can probabbly start there".

If I was a highly touted QB, im looking at OL recruits much more than what helmet school or whatever. Not trying to have a career ending concussion/knee/etc from a inept OL. Then again I am an old man with hindsight and wisdom.

Dudley Do Right Duggan ought to hitch his wagon to the up and coming team north of the border.
U of Manitoba?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

If I was a highly touted QB, im looking at OL recruits much more than what helmet school or whatever. Not trying to have a career ending concussion/knee/etc from a inept OL. Then again I am an old man with hindsight and wisdom.

I think they're pretty much the same thing, helmet school and a good crop of OL probabbly go hand in hand.

Also you need targets to throw to who can get open.

I think they're pretty much the same thing, helmet school and a good crop of OL probabbly go hand in hand.

Also you need targets to throw to who can get open.

solid point, i was framing it more as the first thing im looking for. but who cares about my opinion.

Also, FWIW, source says Annexstad will play. The REAL Mankato Jesus.

sorry, to clarify, THIS YEAR. I guess he has one hell of an arm, accurate too.

Completed 56% if passes playing with some of the best talent around. I also watched a game of his and was not impressed with accuracy. However, I think he has the most potential on the current roster.

sorry, to clarify, THIS YEAR. I guess he has one hell of an arm, accurate too.

I have no idea how good Annexstad is and I know you won't divulge your source. But come on. He's had a grand total of three real practices and maybe hasn't even gone against a live defense yet. PJ Fleck himself couldn't predict yet if he's playing this year.

I have no idea how good Annexstad is and I know you won't divulge your source. But come on. He's had a grand total of three real practices and maybe hasn't even gone against a live defense yet. PJ Fleck himself couldn't predict yet if he's playing this year.

i know. why i even tell you guys anything is silly. I am cautiously optimistic about him, my guy gets a little gungho on player evals. I guess the takeaway is that he is very much in the mix.

i know. why i even tell you guys anything is silly. I am cautiously optimistic about him, my guy gets a little gungho on player evals. I guess the takeaway is that he is very much in the mix.

Fleck himself said four guys were in the mix, so it's not going out on a limb.

i know. why i even tell you guys anything is silly.

I don't post often, but read GopherHole daily. One of the reasons is getting some takes like yours that help me follow what's happening in Gopherland.

Top Bottom