Hank Bachmeier and Max Duggan

hungan1

Reaction score
Hank Bachmeier is no longer listed as a Gophers top target in 247Sports. Does anyone have insider info?

Cal, Boise State, Colorado, Georgia, and the Gophers are in hot pursuit. https://www.seccountry.com/recruiting/player/hank-bachmeier/

https://bearinsider.com/s/388/cal-maintains-strong-relationship-with-2019-qb-hank-bachmeier

Max Duggan is a hot commodity. Are the Gophers a wild card? Will he take a visit with the Gophers?
https://www.landof10.com/iowa/iowa-football-recruiting-2019-quarterback-max-duggan-news

Add this to the 2019 recruiting thread...

Are we in panic mode here?

giphy.gif

Tracy Claeys: *Fights for non-power 5 quality quarterbacks* *GopherHole trys to convince themselves that they're getting a diamond in rough*

PJ Fleck: *Shoots for the moon, doesn't immediately get a 4 or 5 star quarterback* *Gopherhole goes crazy*

Tracy Claeys: *Fights for non-power 5 quality quarterbacks* *GopherHole trys to convince themselves that they're getting a diamond in rough*

PJ Fleck: *Shoots for the moon, doesn't immediately get a 4 or 5 star quarterback* *Gopherhole goes crazy*

Pretty sure all the panic comments were in jest.

So we are still shooting for a diamond in the rough, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being that Vic is going to be All-Big10 for three straight years, I'm not overly concerned.

That isn't reality, again.

In your real life, are you right about anything, ever? On GopherHole, I have yet to see you be right about anything in 317 posts.

In your real life, are you right about anything, ever? On GopherHole, I have yet to see you be right about anything in 317 posts.

C'mon dpo- at least he "trys".[emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that if this year's QB shines (my guess is Vic), then Fleck should have an easier time attracting top recruits going forward.

wager: if viramontes passes for more than 10 tds next year, i will stop posting on gh for a year.

That isn't reality, again.

I don't feel the need to knock the previous staff, but he's not that off.

For all of the QBs the previous staff recruited (Nelson, Leidner, McKinzy, Streveler, Mark Williams, Demry Croft, Seth Green), how many total P5 offers did that group have from other schools to play QB? Seth Green and McKinzy had some other P5 offers, but I'm not sure they were for QB by the end of their recruitment. Is the answer greater than 3? Greater than zero?

That's an interesting take. For you to win, that would mean one of two things: 1) VV isn't the quarterback for at least a sizeable portion of the season, or 2) The Gopher passing attack continues to wallow in the mire of wretchedness.

Either could certainly happen, but that's still a gutsy bet to make.

I don't feel the need to knock the previous staff, but he's not that off.

For all of the QBs the previous staff recruited (Nelson, Leidner, McKinzy, Streveler, Mark Williams, Demry Croft, Seth Green), how many total P5 offers did that group have from other schools to play QB? Seth Green and McKinzy had some other P5 offers, but I'm not sure they were for QB by the end of their recruitment. Is the answer greater than 3? Greater than zero?

I agree, the previous staff did not recruit QBs well at all. Totally agree. However, Tthat wasn't my point at all, nor was it his point.

My point was that his characterization of how Gopherhole reacts is simply not reality.
#1: There is zero Gopherhole freak-out that we have not signed Hank or Max. People are antsy because it's exciting, but I have not seen an iota of a Gopherhole freak-out because we haven't landed either of these guys yet. I'm not sure you can find 1 post where people actually rip on Fleck for not getting commitments from these guys yet, so there certainly is not some collective freak-out.

#2: There is an implication that people said nice things about lowly recruited Kill/Claeys players all while being hyprr critical of Fleck. It's not true. There is a 4-5 page thread where people are pumped up about Cole Kramer. I am one of them, I think Cole Kramer's tape is really impressive (regardless of his somewhat modest recruitment so far). Gopherhole, collectively, seems pretty pumped up about a walk-on QB (Annexstad) - count me in on that group. However, this is the exact kind of reaction we have had for a lot of less heralded Kill/Claeys recruits. Gopherhole is consistent on this point, we are almost always universally excited about recruits (regardless of the coach).

Please mistake my post as excusing the terrible QB recruiting and developing by Kill/Claeys staffs. You won't get any argument from me. My entire point was that his characterization of Gopherhole's reaction is completely false. It is what that crowd does (it's like the whole narrative about this being a negative place, people constantly talking about Claeys, etc.). It's not based in reality.

I agree, the previous staff did not recruit QBs well at all. Totally agree. However, Tthat wasn't my point at all, nor was it his point.

My point was that his characterization of how Gopherhole reacts is simply not reality.
#1: There is zero Gopherhole freak-out that we have not signed Hank or Max. People are antsy because it's exciting, but I have not seen an iota of a Gopherhole freak-out because we haven't landed either of these guys yet. I'm not sure you can find 1 post where people actually rip on Fleck for not getting commitments from these guys yet, so there certainly is not some collective freak-out.

#2: There is an implication that people said nice things about lowly recruited Kill/Claeys players all while being hyprr critical of Fleck. It's not true. There is a 4-5 page thread where people are pumped up about Cole Kramer. I am one of them, I think Cole Kramer's tape is really impressive (regardless of his somewhat modest recruitment so far). Gopherhole, collectively, seems pretty pumped up about a walk-on QB (Annexstad) - count me in on that group. However, this is the exact kind of reaction we have had for a lot of less heralded Kill/Claeys recruits. Gopherhole is consistent on this point, we are almost always universally excited about recruits (regardless of the coach).

Please mistake my post as excusing the terrible QB recruiting and developing by Kill/Claeys staffs. You won't get any argument from me. My entire point was that his characterization of Gopherhole's reaction is completely false. It is what that crowd does (it's like the whole narrative about this being a negative place, people constantly talking about Claeys, etc.). It's not based in reality.

I think the only one who is nervous is the guy who started an entire thread titled Duggan and Bachmeier. Frat's comment about people being nervous is in jest, at least I hope so.

I don't see any panicking if we don't get either Bachmeier or Duggan. It is what it is.

The fact that we are being considered by QBs who normally don't even give the Gophers a sniff is exciting - a testament to PJ Fleck's ability to go after these type guys.

On the other hand, offering Cole Kramer early is a testament of PJ Fleck's ability to evaluate talent before their recruiting blows up. You never know. Kramer or Annexstad may surprise.

At WMU, Zach Terrell was only a two star (0.7878) GB when PJ offered. There were other higher rated QBs. However, it turned out that Terrell bested the others who were rated three stars.

IMHO, if Vicious Vic, Cap'n Morgan, or Green churn out a lot more wins in the next two succeeding seasons - Four star QBs will notice more.

Team development takes time and patience. If the Gophers hit home runs in the next two recruiting classes, we will have greater chances of recruiting even better talent including the QB position.

I don't see any panicking if we don't get either Bachmeier or Duggan. It is what it is.

The fact that we are being considered by QBs who normally don't even give the Gophers a sniff is exciting - a testament to PJ Fleck's ability to go after these type guys.

On the other hand, offering Cole Kramer early is a testament of PJ Fleck's ability to evaluate talent before their recruiting blows up. You never know. Kramer or Annexstad may surprise.

At WMU, Zach Terrell was only a two star (0.7878) GB when PJ offered. There were other higher rated QBs. However, it turned out that Terrell bested the others who were rated three stars.

IMHO, if Vicious Vic, Cap'n Morgan, or Green churn out a lot more wins in the next two succeeding seasons - Four star QBs will notice more.

Team development takes time and patience. If the Gophers hit home runs in the next two recruiting classes, we will have greater chances of recruiting even better talent including the QB position.

PJ didn't go out and recruit Terrell. He was already signed and had a year of college football under his belt when PJ got there.

I think the only one who is nervous is the guy who started an entire thread titled Duggan and Bachmeier. Frat's comment about people being nervous is in jest, at least I hope so.

I think we all know Gophers will need to have better results in QB recruiting to be legit B1GW contender, however I hope we all realize it doesn't hinge on 2 guys or even one class

PJ didn't go out and recruit Terrell. He was already signed and had a year of college football under his belt when PJ got there.
Don't let facts get in the way of a good PJ worship tale

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Then Fraternity's entire posting history is one long Andy Kaufman-esque joke.

Top Bottom