Hank Bachmeier and Max Duggan

Duggan said he could announce his decision any time — even this week.

And spring game is Thursday... hmmm....

MarQueis Gray was the #112 in the country (Rivals) and an Army All-American. He was a very solid player and is still earning an NFL paycheck, but he didn't do much as a college QB. There are no guarantees in recruiting.

The only thing that is a certainty in life (and recruiting) is boolah-boolah or death by boolah-boolah.

Duggan said he could announce his decision any time — even this week.

And spring game is Thursday... hmmm....

He’s going to land a helicopter in the middle of the field during the game to personally tell Fleck he’s committed to the maroon and gold.

24 predictions as of 4/10 11:30 PM

TCU 38%

NEB 29%

MINN 25%

CLOUDY 8%

I view the prediction changes as people reacting to the "My choice changes ever day" comment he made in that interview. "If his top choice changes every day, we have a chance! He's coming here!" type predictions

Somebody get the kid to draw straws.

at the risk of sounding cynical, if Duggan commits to MN, then (at least some) people on this board will declare him the future of the program.

If Duggan commits somewhere else, then some of those same people will say he really isn't that good, or the Gophers will get a better recruit at the position.

I just don't like the hype over kids before they play a single game.

at the risk of sounding cynical, if Duggan commits to MN, then (at least some) people on this board will declare him the future of the program.

If Duggan commits somewhere else, then some of those same people will say he really isn't that good, or the Gophers will get a better recruit at the position.

That's true. But since it appears he's gone, most just won't care what happens elsewhere with him. For all the recruiting acumen the staff supposedly has, they sure have trouble locking in QBs. Which was true of the previous staff as well.

The hype around Duggan is deserved- look at his offer list. If you can’t get excited about him potentially becoming a Gopher, why bother following recruiting at all.

That's true. But since it appears he's gone, most just won't care what happens elsewhere with him. For all the recruiting acumen the staff supposedly has, they sure have trouble locking in QBs. Which was true of the previous staff as well.

How has Fleck had trouble locking in QBs?

Morgan jumped on board with him immediately. Armstrong had been a long-time commit who we parted ways with due to his drinking and lying. We landed Vic, a Juco all-American. Kramer committed early. And now he’s looking to add a highly regarded QB to this class.

Morgan jumped on board with him immediately. Armstrong had been a long-time commit who we parted ways with due to his drinking and lying. We landed Vic, a Juco all-American. Kramer committed early. And now he’s looking to add a highly regarded QB to this class.

Well said.

One thing for sure - this kid generated a lot of interest here and from Gopher fans.

Decision sounds like it’s coming soon. His hometown paper said “this week” so assuming it will come before the weekend.

It's smelling like a TCU Horny Frog.

It would be great if he landed here, but FAR from the end of the world if he doesn't.

As noted above, we have VV, Morgan, Kramer And Anexstead (sp?). The cupboard is far from empty and great to be in the final consideration set for a kid like this.

And don't forget Annexstad...who may be the cream of the crop and he WALKED ON!

I think it matters from the standpoint of trying to improve the class year by year.

The Gophers not getting Max Duggan this year is a big deal, but not the end of the world.

The Gophers have Cap'n Morgan, Vicious Vic, Zack Zicka Attack, and they will be adding Cold Weather Kramer next season.

Jalen Suggs of Minnehaha Academy is the only QB offer out for 2020 by the Gophers. Whether he decides on football or basketball is unclear to me.

https://247sports.com/player/jalen-suggs-45572569

The Gophers not getting Max Duggan this year is a big deal, but not the end of the world.

The Gophers have Cap'n Morgan, Vicious Vic, Zack Zicka Attack, and they will be adding Cold Weather Kramer next season.

Jalen Suggs of Minnehaha Academy is the only QB offer out for 2020 by the Gophers. Whether he decides on football or basketball is unclear to me.

We don't know if that is the case or not.

I'd like him to commit here. If for no other reason, he didn't feel the need to release a YouTube video narrowing his list to 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So have we officially "cooled on him"? Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

For the sake of the U, I hope he plays Basketball and plays for the Gophers. He is a solid QB prospect, but if he played basketball for the Gophers he is a potential program changer.

For the sake of the U, I hope he plays Basketball and plays for the Gophers. He is a solid QB prospect, but if he played basketball for the Gophers he is a potential program changer.

Program changers don’t exist.

I’m guessing the Duggan announcement comes in the next few days.. he just requested a guy who does “Edits” on twitter to follow him so I am assuming he is having an edit of himself made with the school he picks through DMs for his announcement.

This is next level speculation

Program changers don’t exist.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l41lGvinEgARjB2HC" width="480" height="320" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/what-confused-jeopardy-l41lGvinEgARjB2HC">via GIPHY</a></p>

The fact that you guys think that Jalen might not choose basketball is crazy. Unless his talent level shifts a lot in the next couple years he will no doubt be playing basketball. He’s NBA lottery potential.

The fact that you guys think that Jalen might not choose basketball is crazy. Unless his talent level shifts a lot in the next couple years he will no doubt be playing basketball. He’s NBA lottery potential.

Maybe he likes football. It's his life. Then again, I still think Eric Decker should have chosen baseball over football.

Top Bottom