Hank Bachmeier and Max Duggan

Maybe he likes football. It's his life. Then again, I still think Eric Decker should have chosen baseball over football.

The same can be said of Dave Winfield. He could have chosen basketball over baseball. He was drafted in three different sports: The San Diego Padres, Atlanta Hawks, Utah Stars (ABA) and the Minnesota Vikings.

Maybe he likes football. It's his life. Then again, I still think Eric Decker should have chosen baseball over football.

Why do you still think Decker should have chosen baseball over football? I could see at the time thinking that, but looking at his career in the NFL its kind of a no brainer.

Predictions as of 4/12 5:30 AM - MN out in 3rd...

TCU 35%

NEB 30%

MINN 26%

Cloudy 9%

Predictions as of 4/12 5:30 AM - MN out in 3rd...

TCU 35%

NEB 30%

MINN 26%

Cloudy 9%

Not looking so hot. With the other kid out as well I wonder who plan B is other than the E.P. kid? (Kramer I believe was his name)

IMHO, Zack Annexstad and Cole Kramer may surprise. Vicious Vick may be a holy terror in Ciarrocca's offense once he gets comfortable. Cap'n Morgan is as capable a QB who throw accurately on the run. Let's hope the rest of the moving parts (OL, WR, and RB) are clicking on all cylinders.

I like what I saw in Zack in practice. He is such a competitor. The fact that he is willing to walk on with the Gophers and earn a starting spot says a lot. You want kids that bleed maroon and gold.

It will be great to have Max Duggan - a huge recruiting get, but I am not too worried if we don't.

Other than Kramer, the recruiting season is relatively young. You never know who PJF will find between now and NSD.

Duggan’s most recent Twitter follow is Minnesota commit, Jason Williamson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duggan will announce soon and all your collective anxieties will fade away over his recruitment. He would be a great get, but he is not essential to the program at this point. Regardless of the changing crystal balls he will likely come to wear our Maroon and Gold.

I haven't decided yet if he's a stud recruit or someone we don't really need.

I haven't decided yet if he's a stud recruit or someone we don't really need.

Obviously he's ----- (will fill in this space with an edit sometime next week).

So glad he's going to ---- .

Why do you still think Decker should have chosen baseball over football? I could see at the time thinking that, but looking at his career in the NFL its kind of a no brainer.

Baseball affords opportunity for a longer career, and higher salaries (with guaranteed contracts). plus a generally lower risk of injury. And, based on an admittedly small sample size of watching Decker play baseball for the Gophers, I think he had to chance to be a heck of a baseball player. Similar to Bo Jackson, in the sense that, if he had focused 100% on baseball, I think Decker had the tools to be an all-star outfielder - a .300 hitter with good speed, good arm, etc. (as a baseball fan, I still wonder what Bo Jackson could have done if he had not played football.)

Baseball affords opportunity for a longer career, and higher salaries (with guaranteed contracts). plus a generally lower risk of injury. And, based on an admittedly small sample size of watching Decker play baseball for the Gophers, I think he had to chance to be a heck of a baseball player. Similar to Bo Jackson, in the sense that, if he had focused 100% on baseball, I think Decker had the tools to be an all-star outfielder - a .300 hitter with good speed, good arm, etc. (as a baseball fan, I still wonder what Bo Jackson could have done if he had not played football.)

Hard to say. He for sure would have been a great fielder, but hitting well in college does not always translate to hitting well in the pros. There are many incredible college hitters that never even make it out of single or double A ball. I agree with you on baseball being the route that is easier on your body, but I think Decker was a more sure-fire football prospect than baseball. He was an unbelievable college receiver.

Duggan’s most recent Twitter follow is Minnesota commit, Jason Williamson

Interesting. I just checked who he follows and he has a bunch of gophers on there. He follows the following:

PJ Fleck
Brian Callahan
Kirk Ciarrocca
Rob Wenger
Bryce Paup
Gerrit Chernoff (FB GM)
Cole Kramer
Benny Sapp
Jason Williamson
Daniel Faalele
Demetrius Douglas
Brevyn Spann-Ford
Former Gopher QB Adam Weber

Some other interesting follows:
Hank Bachmeier
John Olmstead
Bryce Benhart
Brennen Armstrong

That looks good on paper, but which did he begin following after his TCU visit?

A twitter expert needs to catalog his TCU connections!!!

Crystal has moved further to TCU 4/12 10:30 PM

TCU 43%

NEB 30%

MINN 17%

Cloudy 9%

23 Predictions

I’m going with this is no one has any idea what he’s going to do

I’m going with this is no one has any idea what he’s going to do

yea but admitting that one doesn't know what a 17 year old is going to do doesn't sell subscriptions. what sells subscriptions to pay sites is meaningless predictions.

Is my watch off or has it been past the 7 day media blackout?

My guess is that he has run into production issues in creating his "decision" video. He wants to make an impact in all facets of his game. The bar is set very high and wants to win an Oscar in addition to the Heisman.

Crystal has moved further to TCU 4/12 10:30 PM

TCU 43%

NEB 30%

MINN 17%

Cloudy 9%

23 Predictions

Simply the psychic saw Annexstad and Morgan perform and sees it less likely he will come here. :p

Seems he's undecided. I don't know why he's putting pressure on himself to commit relatively early if he actually is as undecided as it seems.

Seems he's undecided. I don't know why he's putting pressure on himself to commit relatively early if he actually is as undecided as it seems.

According to 247Sports Crystall Ball, he is a lot less undecided as of 4/13 7:00 PM.

TCU 48%

NEB 26%

MINN 17%

Cloudy 9%

23 Predictions

The crystal ball thing is interesting. Those analyst seem to have anywhere from a 70-95% chance of getting their “prediction” correct. How the f does Allen Treiu correctly know where 96% of kids will end up? Considering many of these kids have at least a top 3-5 teams before their final selections seems like there must usually be an insider leak and the word spreads rapidly amongst the 247 twitterati and they switch their vote en masse in the 2-3 days prior to the public commitment. Is that really a “prediction” though? Should there be a 3 day clawback on votes made just prior to a commitment?

If Max really has been on a media blackout since Monday these latest predictions are just following the crowd. Could be right of course, where there’s smoke there’s often fire.

Anyone got a crystal ball update?
I know GH loves % chance predictions.

The crystal ball thing is interesting. Those analyst seem to have anywhere from a 70-95% chance of getting their “prediction” correct. How the f does Allen Treiu correctly know where 96% of kids will end up? Considering many of these kids have at least a top 3-5 teams before their final selections seems like there must usually be an insider leak and the word spreads rapidly amongst the 247 twitterati and they switch their vote en masse in the 2-3 days prior to the public commitment. Is that really a “prediction” though? Should there be a 3 day clawback on votes made just prior to a commitment?

If Max really has been on a media blackout since Monday these latest predictions are just following the crowd. Could be right of course, where there’s smoke there’s often fire.

They are like flies on a dead horse. They make a living trying to "predict" so that 247Sports can get a lot of clicks. They must have contacts for leaks everywhere.

It is still interesting, and sometimes they get it right. For the most part, they swarm to the source of the stink. They all feast on the carcass at almost the same time and they lay their eggs which turn into maggots when they get their "predictions" right.

It is great for drama and keeping fans engaged.

They are like flies on a dead horse. They make a living trying to "predict" so that 247Sports can get a lot of clicks. They must have contacts for leaks everywhere.

It is still interesting, and sometimes they get it right. For the most part, they swarm to the source of the stink.

It is great for drama and keeping fans engaged.

So, you are saying it is more about creating clicks and conversation than actually knowing anything?

So, you are saying it is more about creating clicks and conversation than actually knowing anything?

It is both. They become privy to information from sources - rumors, leaks, etc... not unlike leaks in Government. One makes a prediction about Max or other recruits, and a bunch of them follow suit within hours of each other sometimes. :horse:

Top Bottom