Hank Bachmeier and Max Duggan

The crystal ball thing is interesting. Those analyst seem to have anywhere from a 70-95% chance of getting their “prediction” correct. How the f does Allen Treiu correctly know where 96% of kids will end up? Considering many of these kids have at least a top 3-5 teams before their final selections seems like there must usually be an insider leak and the word spreads rapidly amongst the 247 twitterati and they switch their vote en masse in the 2-3 days prior to the public commitment. Is that really a “prediction” though? Should there be a 3 day clawback on votes made just prior to a commitment?

If Max really has been on a media blackout since Monday these latest predictions are just following the crowd. Could be right of course, where there’s smoke there’s often fire.

I think Twitter leaks are the way they play the game. A prediction 2 mins before the update (a frequent occurrence of you look at the prediction timing) still counts as correct

The crystal ball thing is interesting. Those analyst seem to have anywhere from a 70-95% chance of getting their “prediction” correct. How the f does Allen Treiu correctly know where 96% of kids will end up? Considering many of these kids have at least a top 3-5 teams before their final selections seems like there must usually be an insider leak and the word spreads rapidly amongst the 247 twitterati and they switch their vote en masse in the 2-3 days prior to the public commitment. Is that really a “prediction” though? Should there be a 3 day clawback on votes made just prior to a commitment?

If Max really has been on a media blackout since Monday these latest predictions are just following the crowd. Could be right of course, where there’s smoke there’s often fire.

They get more "points" for being correct longer. So paying attention to that is probably more useful.

People on the 247 board have noted that Duggan follows quite a few Gopher football-related people on twitter, but only follows one TCU account. May not mean anything, but interesting. I'm predicting Duggan ends up at Minnesota.

I was watching Cole Kramer’s highlight tape and was impressed that he threw 18 tds to 0 picks. I also know that EP likes to run the ball which is why he doesn’t have 30tds or so. I’ve never watched Kramer in person but do you guys think he is underrrated or was it just because it was highlight tape I was impressed?

The initial silence had me thinking hes gone. Now that its drawn on, I'm thinking theres a sliver of hope. My pure speculation is he started to or is leaning TCU, but hasn't announced as PJ is making one last run at it. Tough decision for an 18 year old kid, i can't imagine.

Hope hes golden.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The initial silence had me thinking hes gone. Now that its drawn on, I'm thinking theres a sliver of hope. My pure speculation is he started to or is leaning TCU, but hasn't announced as PJ is making one last run at it. Tough decision for an 18 year old kid, i can't imagine.

Hope hes golden.

I don't know where he ends up, but it certainly is a difficult decision for an 18-year-old to make. I hope he chooses Minnesota, but if he doesn't, I wish him the best of luck.

A couple of considerations if I were Max:

Quarterback Rosters: Who is on the current roster? Who is your competition?

Nebraska:
Andrew Bunch, 6' 1", 200 lbs, SO, Unrated, Thompson Station TN
Tristan Gebbia, 6' 3", 180 lbs, RS FR, 0.9217, Calabasas CA
Adrian Martinez, 6' 2", 205 lbs, FR, 0.9423, Fresno CA
Matt Masker, 6' 1", 205 lbs, FR, Unrated, Kearney NE
Patrick O'Brien, 6' 4", 230 lbs, RS FR, 0.9189, San Juan Capistrano CA

Minnesota:
Zack Annexstad, 6' 3", 215 lbs, FR, 0.8355, Norseland MN
Tanner Morgan, 6' 1", 205 lbs, RS FR, 0.8375, Union KY
Sam Pickerign, 6' 4", 224 lbs, RS FR, Unrated, Alpharetta GA
Jon Santaga, 6' 1", 192 lbs, RS FR, Unrated, Green Bay WI
Vic Viramontes, 6' 1", 215 lbs, SO, 0.8851, Riverside CA

TCU:
Michael Collins, 6' 5", 210 lbs, SO, 0.7667, New Canaan CT (Transferred from Penn)
Grayson Muehlstein, 6' 4", 210 lbs, SR, 0.8550, Decatur TX
Karson Ringdahl, 6' 3", 205 lbs, SO, Unrated, Columbia MO
Shawn Robinson, 6' 2", 225 lbs, SO, 0.9222, DeSoto TX
Justin Rogers, 6' 4", 210 lbs, FR, 0.9772, Bossier City LA

Distance-wise From Council Bluffs Iowa: Vibrant Twin Cities is within driving distance for mom and dad with lots of things to do.

Memorial Stadium Lincoln NE - 63 miles, ~ 1-hour drive
TCF Bank Stadium Minneapolis - 368 miles, ~ 6-hour drive
McLane Stadium Waco TX - 739 miles, ~ 11-hour drive

I wish him the best of luck in deciding.

I hope he is also considering the academic offerings and opportunities. The undergraduate degrees available at TCU pale in comparison to those at MN. TCU has a student population of around 8,800 and schools that small can't possibly provide the variety or quality of offerings available at the U. Their graduate school is only 1,500.

I came to graduate school at MN from a school of 20,000 and I was amazed at the opportunities available at a university of this size. It may not make much difference to him but I hope it does.

This is four days old from the Daily NonPareil (SW Iowa):

WHITE COLUMN: Duggan's big decision expected this week
By Kevin White
[email protected] Apr 10, 2018

5acd907f75bbd.image.jpg

When Max Duggan’s head hits the pillow tonight, think of what must be racing through his mind.

With apologies to Al Coupee (mid-1930s), Vince Leber (late 1960s), Brian Ratigan (late 1980s) and the many others I’m missing, no Council Bluffs football player has attracted the recruiting attention that Mr. Duggan has commanded in these past 18 months.

Recruiting website 247Sports considers Duggan to be the fourth-best Class of 2019 dual-threat quarterback in the United States. Simply put, that doesn’t happen in our small town very often.

Plenty of the attention is a result of the age in which we live, where every movement is chronicled on social media, every armchair quarterback has a device to send his opinion to the masses and countless recruiting services are competing for your attention.

Duggan is expected to announce his college choice sometime this week. Among his offers, the Lewis Central junior has 22 from Power Five schools plus Notre Dame.

There are eight from the Big Ten (Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern and Indiana) and five from the SEC (Georgia, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Tennessee and Vanderbilt). There are three each from the Big 12 (TCU, Iowa State and Kansas State) and ACC (North Carolina State, North Carolina, Virginia Tech), and two from the Pac-12 (Arizona State, Oregon), along with Notre Dame.

247Sports lists two of Duggan’s prospective schools as “warmer”: Minnesota and TCU. It lists two others as “warm”: Ohio State and Notre Dame. The remaining schools are tagged as “cool.’’

Here’s the problem with those temperatures: If Duggan reconsiders and realizes he likes a coach or a system or a group of players more than he previously thought, a “cool’’ could instantly become a “warm.’’

Can you imagine the pictures his potential coaches have been painting for him? There you are, running out of the tunnel at Notre Dame Stadium or Beaver Stadium or The Horseshoe or any of those other legendary venues as “The Guy,’’ with the hopes of your fan base riding on your right arm. It’s undoubtedly a lot to digest.

And it’s far more than just the coach or the stadium that Duggan has had to ponder for the last 18 months. It’s how his skills translate to the offenses at those schools. It’s trying to project what talent will be around him at those schools, and whether that talent will mesh with his personality. It’s trying to project the quarterback competition at those schools.

It’s a life-changing decision. Selecting a college is daunting enough for any student (ask my daughter, who’s in the early stages of the process). Now throw in a bunch of coaches you’ve enjoyed getting to know and several thousand fans who are urging you to go to their school.

In talking to Duggan’s father, Jim, this week, he believes his son has done a good job of filtering out the nonsense and focusing on what’s most important to him.

Selfishly, I’d love to see him stay close to home, in part so we’re able to chronicle his career more easily. However, it’s important to realize this is Duggan’s decision. He’s going to choose the school he believes can best help him reach his potential.

We should all accept that, because he’s handled the entire process with an unusual amount of maturity.

And when he steps onto the campus of his choice, we should all root for Max Duggan to succeed, because he is one of ours.

http://www.nonpareilonline.com/sports/white-column-duggan-s-big-decision-expected-this-week/article_858fa0dc-3d41-11e8-bb32-cffd5cebc12c.html

I hope he is also considering the academic offerings and opportunities. The undergraduate degrees available at TCU pale in comparison to those at MN. TCU has a student population of around 8,800 and schools that small can't possibly provide the variety or quality of offerings available at the U. Their graduate school is only 1,500.

I came to graduate school at MN from a school of 20,000 and I was amazed at the opportunities available at a university of this size. It may not make much difference to him but I hope it does.

Not sure if serious, but TCU is pretty comparable to the U academically. If academics is the primary factor for him, he would be already committed to Notre Dame long ago. Also, there is no correlation whatsoever between the size of a school and the quality/quantity of its academic offerings.

Not sure if serious, but TCU is pretty comparable to the U academically. If academics is the primary factor for him, he would be already committed to Notre Dame long ago. Also, there is no correlation whatsoever between the size of a school and the quality/quantity of its academic offerings.

No correlation of academic offerings based on size of school? Might want to rethink that one...or correlation doesn't mean what you think it means. Quality yes, quantity...not a chance you are right.

No correlation of academic offerings based on size of school? Might want to rethink that one...or correlation doesn't mean what you think it means. Quality yes, quantity...not a chance you are right.

I am absolutely right. Diversity of offering is based on both educational philosophy and budget - neither are tied to the size of the student body in any way.

Duggan tweeted "8:00 PM Central".

Decision coming?

Duggan tweeted "8:00 PM Central".

Decision coming?
Coincides it with the first T-Wolves playoff game in 15 years. Minnesota fans will have a distraction when he Tweets horned frogs. Savvy move kid.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

these silent verbals aren't worth anything...

I hear he wasn't up to our academic standards

/S

Onto the next

the verbal was so silent, even Fleck didn't know...

I'm sure we've cooled on him... What else could it be?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Interesting that the predictions on Bachmeier still have us in the majority, maybe some hope? I thought I heard that PJ wanted 2 QBs this class, so he would want one more to commit. Bachmeier is currently the only QB that we've offered for that class that hasn't committed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If they don't need us, we don't need them.

We only need players who need to be here.

Top Bottom