Hank Bachmeier and Max Duggan

I agree. My prediction is that Max makes his commitment to the Golden Gophers on April 14 (Spring Game).

Or, the best way to settle this is for Fleck and Patterson to square off with a 50 yard dash :).. Max goes with the winner.

Settle this with a lutefisk eating contest.

I don't have any inside information, but I have a really bad feeling about Duggan. The way this is playing out seems eerily similar to that of Reid Travis on the basketball side of things. In both cases, it was assumed by most to be a "done deal" that the recruit was going to Minnesota even rumored to give his word and in both cases there was circumstantial evidence that strongly pointed to a Gopher commitment (Reid attending a Gopher game after announcing he was going to commit 1-2 days later, Max having the Gophers as his last visit). Then you have the waive of crystal ball predictions for the Gophers followed by one national recruiting guy who goes against the grain and predicts Stanford/TCU.

Looks like Duggan recently followed a bunch of Gophers on Twitter including Cole Kramer [emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any inside information, but I have a really bad feeling about Duggan. The way this is playing out seems eerily similar to that of Reid Travis on the basketball side of things. In both cases, it was assumed by most to be a "done deal" that the recruit was going to Minnesota even rumored to give his word and in both cases there was circumstantial evidence that strongly pointed to a Gopher commitment (Reid attending a Gopher game after announcing he was going to commit 1-2 days later, Max having the Gophers as his last visit). Then you have the waive of crystal ball predictions for the Gophers followed by one national recruiting guy who goes against the grain and predicts Stanford/TCU.

I believe he’s visited 4 times? To me that suggests he’s a heavy lean and he’s trying to cover all the bases in his own mind in terms of why or why not to commit: staff, school, culture, teammates. Relationships with some of the staff and players must have formed to some degree at this point and that’s key. He probably needs to feel confident PJ is staying put (a given in my mind). Obviously he would be a huge and important pickup for us and would really light a fire under offensive recruiting but life goes on if he chooses a different team.

I believe he’s visited 4 times? To me that suggests he’s a heavy lean and he’s trying to cover all the bases in his own mind in terms of why or why not to commit: staff, school, culture, teammates. Relationships with some of the staff and players must have formed to some degree at this point and that’s key. He probably needs to feel confident PJ is staying put (a given in my mind). Obviously he would be a huge and important pickup for us and would really light a fire under offensive recruiting but life goes on if he chooses a different team.

I wonder if TCU is playing that card about PJ Fleck's itinerant legs. A little bit of recruiting hot Tabasco sauce.

Ryan Burns seemed VERY confident that Duggan will commit in his last pod. Take that for what it's worth.

Source: steve wiltfrog is throwing **** on the wall to see what sticks for clicks. Believes Duggan will be golden

Source: steve wiltfrog is throwing **** on the wall to see what sticks for clicks. Believes Duggan will be golden

Ask your source what he thinks Duggan is waiting for? He's been on campus 4 times and just left.

We appreciate the inside scoop!

Ryan Burns seemed VERY confident that Duggan will commit in his last pod. Take that for what it's worth.

I take Ryan's crystal ball predictions with a grain of salt. He had Graham Mertz coming to us earlier instead of Wisconsin. He is usually overly enthusiastic about our chances.

the word is is that the family is on a 7 day media silence while they mull the decision. So its anyones guess at this point. Im feeling pretty optimistic that he will be the first chip to fall in what will end up being one of our best classes ever.

the word is is that the family is on a 7 day media silence while they mull the decision. So its anyones guess at this point. Im feeling pretty optimistic that he will be the first chip to fall in what will end up being one of our best classes ever.

SEVEN WHOLE DAYS!?!!?!?

How inconsiderate!

/sarcasm

Could this four-star QB end up at TCU? One expert thinks so
BY WILLIAM WILKERSON, [email protected]
Updated April 02, 2018 06:45 PM

This sounds too Frank Ragnowish. I sure hope not.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article207731019.html

Things are really heating up for four-star quarterback Max Duggan on the recruiting front.

The Council Bluffs (IA) Lewis Central prospect, ranked as the No. 4 dual-threat passer in the country by 247Sports, is nearing a college decision. While no exact time table has been set, TCU is squarely in the mix.

One recruiting expert has even gone as far as to put in a Crystal Ball projection for TCU in regards to where he believes Duggan will end up. That came from Jeremy Clark, publisher of HornedFrogBlitz.com.

Duggan (6-foot-2, 190 pounds) had a very successful visit to TCU two weekends ago where he got to watch practice, attend a quarterback meeting, tour campus, go to a Frogs baseball game and spend 1-on-1 time with head coach Gary Patterson and co-offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Sonny Cumbie.

"I didn't really know what to expect going down there," Duggan told 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong. "I really enjoyed it though. Every single person knew everyone down there. It was crazy. We went walking around campus and I was with the coaching staff, even the regular students were saying what's up to the coaches. They knew them by name. It was unreal the community feeling down there."

Duggan also told Wiltfong he was impressed with Cumbie.

"He's going to develop you," Duggan said. "He's going to work on your feet and your shoulder stuff, get you knowledge of the game."

The Frogs have some stiff competition for Duggan, who recently visited Minnesota for the fourth time. Over 50 percent of the Crystal Ball predictions for Duggan have been made for Minnesota (52 percent), with 38 percent going for Nebraska.

In addition to TCU and Minnesota, Duggan also took March visits to Ohio State and Notre Dame. He told Wiltfong he would take the next couple of weeks to think about things and then potentially make a decision after that.

Getting a recruit like Duggan would do wonders for a TCU 2019 class that is already ranked No. 12 in the country by 247Sports.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6143073/59a472453863fc227c3bc672

That article is more than a month old.

The talk in the article about Duggan, Hickman, and Henrich gives some insight to me.

Looks like some potential to get a package of sorts with Henrich and Duggan.

Additionally, when considering what t-docious posts in conjunction with what the article said about his gut, they coincide.

Here's to hoping t-d is correct and Duggan opens a floodgate.

I still think it’s promising that 2 of his 3 most recent follows on Twitter are Cole Kramer and Demetrius Douglas. I don’t see any TCU or Nebraska players on that list...

I still think it’s promising that 2 of his 3 most recent follows on Twitter are Cole Kramer and Demetrius Douglas. I don’t see any TCU or Nebraska players on that list...

Henrich is also 100% speculated to MN. I think that's new.

Nebraska Football attitude is that Council Bluffs Iowa is part of Nebraska as far as recruiting is concerned.

Let's make it simple for Max:

Reasons for picking each team:

TCU - Everybody knows everybody. Did he consult Listenbee?

NE - If you want to come home every Sunday to do laundry.

MN - Program on the rise. A chance to be uncommonly good.

There.

Top Bottom