Hank Bachmeier and Max Duggan

I put in a 247Sports Crystal Ball for Minnesota on March 28 and to be honest, I’d be shocked if he ended up anywhere else.

We don't often beat Notre Dame for QBs. This would be a huge feather in the cap for Fleck if he can land him.

April 10th and all quiet on the Max Duggan front. Anyone heard anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Herald: Four-star Council Bluffs Lewis Central quarterback Max Duggan nearing decision

Max Duggan is going quiet.

The consensus four-star quarterback out of Council Bluffs Lewis Central has completed his visits. As of Monday, he’s not talking to any coaches. He’s down to his final days before he decides, then announces, where he’s committing to play college football in 2019.

“I’m being completely honest — it switches for me like every day,” Duggan said. “It’s difficult. I’ll have a top three when I wake up and go to bed with a different one.”

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound rising senior took a glut of visits in March — Ohio State, Notre Dame, Minnesota and TCU among them — and liked them all. He especially liked Gopher coach P.J. Fleck’s plans for developing players off the field as much as on it, and Minnesota's new Football Performance Center, which opened in February.

At TCU, the smallest of all the campuses, Duggan said he liked the feel of the place — how everyone seemed to know everyone else. He also warmed to the Horned Frogs’ offense, a spread passing attack that has averaged more than 30 points per game for each of the last four seasons. It mirrors, Duggan said, Lewis Central’s attack.

“I really enjoy it because it looks simple, but they have a lot of different concepts, a lot of different things that to go with it,” Duggan said.

Nebraska coach Scott Frost has kept in contact, Duggan said. He has not recently visited the Huskers.

Duggan said he could announce his decision any time — even this week.

“I’m getting very close — I can feel it in my gut and my heart,” Duggan said. “I’ve talked to my parents. There’s no point in taking any longer than I have to.”

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/recrui...cle_9845bfae-3c5b-11e8-98aa-5793a0728c01.html

Go Gophers!!

Good amount of crystal ball movement today - not in our favor. 36% MN, 36% NE, 18% TCU, 9% Cloudy.

MN was over 50% just last night.

Good amount of crystal ball movement today - not in our favor. 36% MN, 36% NE, 18% TCU, 9% Cloudy.

MN was over 50% just last night.

It's strange that there's so much movement toward Nebraska. Their own fans don't think he's coming there and I've even seen a handful of "we cooled on him"-type posts. I even saw one claiming that they don't want him anyway as he's 3rd or 4th on Nebraska's QB recruit priority list for this year. D'ok.

If he's really this undecided, I think he was given some sort of deadline by someone. Why else would he be making a decision so quickly? Could he be waiting for a dream offer? No sense in committing this early if your decision changes every day. Right? Seems like he'd be a target to flip no matter where he goes.

If he's really this undecided, I think he was given some sort of deadline by someone. Why else would he be making a decision so quickly? Could he be waiting for a dream offer? No sense in committing this early if your decision changes every day. Right? Seems like he'd be a target to flip no matter where he goes.

Yeah with those assumptions just making the call now would seem odd, and a recipe for changing your mind later .... unless of course he's not that undecided.

It's strange that there's so much movement toward Nebraska. Their own fans don't think he's coming there and I've even seen a handful of "we cooled on him"-type posts. I even saw one claiming that they don't want him anyway as he's 3rd or 4th on Nebraska's QB recruit priority list for this year. D'ok.

Looks like Goblirsch and Burns both changed their crystal ball predictions today? Goblirsch is now "Foggy", Burns is behind a paywall... any 247 subscribers care to confirm? Would be a pretty devastating sign.

bummer.

That sucks if he goes to TCU.

NE 33% TCU 29% MN 29% Cloudy 8% as of today.

Take it for what it is.

NE 33% TCU 29% MN 29% Cloudy 8% as of today.

Take it for what it is.

I mean, I'm optimistic. Given the interview that he has a new favorite everyday, it makes sense that the predictions are moving toward even for everyone. Still hope he picks us, but I'm not super surprised given the new info on his thoughts recently.

Looks like Goblirsch and Burns both changed their crystal ball predictions today? Goblirsch is now "Foggy", Burns is behind a paywall... any 247 subscribers care to confirm? Would be a pretty devastating sign.

I'm blown away by the fact people still pay for their "insider" info. Absolutely clueless.

Reading between the lines he seemed to really like a lot about TCU and his “gut” may be to go there. However, there are other factors that seem to be making it a very difficult decision. Most of us can relate to having too many good options. His relationship with the staff and other players will be key in the end.

As far as coaching staff, IMO Cumbie will very likely be gone sooner rather than later. He’s been speculated as not only a head coach candidate but an OC candidate at TX (which he turned down as it was a sinking ship). It’s only a matter of time until the money talks at a helmet school or a HC position. Obviously there may be other factors such as more proven offensive athletes, small school vs big school, weather, or a million other factors.

Reading between the lines he seemed to really like a lot about TCU and his “gut” may be to go there. However, there are other factors that seem to be making it a very difficult decision. Most of us can relate to having too many good options. His relationship with the staff and other players will be key in the end.

As far as coaching staff, IMO Cumbie will very likely be gone sooner rather than later. He’s been speculated as not only a head coach candidate but an OC candidate at TX (which he turned down as it was a sinking ship). It’s only a matter of time until the money talks at a helmet school or a HC position. Obviously there may be other factors such as more proven offensive athletes, small school vs big school, weather, or a million other factors.

You're college dating life was like mine, eh???

AmIRight???

I am biased. He will be great in the new Gopher Unis!

The young man has a chance to do something great in MN that hasn't been done in a while. He will be the cornerstone of attracting other national recruits.

I am biased. He will be great in the new Gopher Unis!

The young man has a chance to do something great in MN that hasn't been done in a while. He will be the cornerstone of attracting other national recruits.

MarQueis Gray was the #112 in the country (Rivals) and an Army All-American. He was a very solid player and is still earning an NFL paycheck, but he didn't do much as a college QB. There are no guarantees in recruiting.

Don’t like the TCU looks easier and is more like his high school system comments. Sounds to me like he is flatter by the Nebraska offer, excited by the Minnesota offer, but may end up taking the comfort pick of TCU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sad-kid-reaction-gif.gif

You're college dating life was like mine, eh???

AmIRight???

Right? Life is full of tough choices. Take late evening viewing choices. I had to agonize over rewatching the classic “Bridge on the River Kwai” (with Alec Guinness) or the sci fit thriller “Life”, or the ridiculous “The Curse of Civil War Gold” at 11 pm last night. It was a close and difficult decision. My gut told me not to turn on a horror flick at that hour as it would likely suck me in and it would be a late night. “Kwai” OTOH, while excellent, is as reliable as benzodiapines for insomnia. In the end I made the comfortable choice for sleep/Kwai and it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Top Bottom