Possible grad transfers for the Gophers

Saw him play a number of times. He is a tough, hard nosed player that can play good defense. Played more of an off guard, but the offense was run through him. Offensively, he was very good when he stayed within the offense. He would have games where his shot wasn't falling and would force a lot of long jump shots. Some where he would score 25-30 points, but would take 25-30 shots to get there. At his best when he takes the ball to the basket - gets fouled a lot when he does that and is a good free throw shooter. He would be a good fit with a team like the Gophers where he wouldn't have to be the man on offense.

I've seen him a number of times as well and agree with this assessment. I would be very happy if the Gophers picked him up.

I've seen him a number of times as well and agree with this assessment. I would be very happy if the Gophers picked him up.

He is a great competitor, and sometimes that works against him as he can get frustrated at times, which is when he forces bad shots. There has been a rumor on the USD board for awhile that he might end up at Illinois (he is from the Chicago area), but have no idea how much substance there is to that.

Everyone knows that I'm not a Pitino (not "Tino") apologist, but calling a 4-point double overtime loss an "ass kicking" is quite the hyperbole.
Noted. Is @$$ licking better? [emoji6]

He is a great competitor, and sometimes that works against him as he can get frustrated at times, which is when he forces bad shots. There has been a rumor on the USD board for awhile that he might end up at Illinois (he is from the Chicago area), but have no idea how much substance there is to that.

Yes, he'd be a great pickup but remember the most important thing is to pick up a point guard.

Obviously you believe that your writing merits voluminous space. You are mistaken.

No dumbass, I am just long winded. Apparently you think you are SO much smarter? Well, then prove it.

Khwan Fore...
Fore was a reliable scorer, particularly as a driver, and Richmond’s premier perimeter defender.

“He’s a very competitive player with a tremendous amount of experience,” Mooney said. “I really believe he has developed into an excellent playmaker. We’ll miss a lot. When you have someone with that much experience, and the combination of that with his athleticism, you’re certainly going to take a hit.
http://www.richmond.com/sports/coll...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

He would be stud get for the Gophers. Big guard who can shoot.

Marcus agrees, and I do, too. I don't think we have to look any further for our grad transfer.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Update on Mooney

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Really difficult to get an idea as to who the Gophers are targeting right now. Transfer commits can kind of pop out of nowhere if I remember correctly. I don't think we had any inclination that Reggie, Davonte, Matz or Lofton were going to commit at any moment. I do believe we knew Akeem was visiting and would commit.

I know we have been connected to Marcus Carr and Brandon Cyrus, but those 2 would be your typical transfers.

I know we're in the final 10 of Courtney Ramey, but I won't be excited about that possibility unless we receive a visit.

I guess we can now cross Reid off our grad transfer wish list. And thus ends the college career of the last of the Big 3, only one of which did anything in college.

I guess we can now cross Reid off our grad transfer wish list. And thus ends the college career of the last of the Big 3, only one of which did anything in college.

He's not signing with an agent so he can return to school, or grad transfer, if he wants to.

He's not signing with an agent so he can return to school, or grad transfer, if he wants to.

He's not getting drafted this year, so he would be very wise to come back to Stanford or grad transfer.

He did something... he is a hell of a player when healthy.

He did something... he is a hell of a player when healthy.

He put up numbers in his junior year, yes, but he was hurt most of his sophomore year and Stanford has only made the postseason once in his 3 years (NIT as a freshman). I don't think he's lived up to his promise as a McDonald's All-American. Compared to what Tyus accomplished in his one year at Duke (national champion, 1st round draft pick), what Reid has achieved pales, and that's what I was comparing him to.

He put up numbers in his junior year, yes, but he was hurt most of his sophomore year and Stanford has only made the postseason once in his 3 years (NIT as a freshman). I don't think he's lived up to his promise as a McDonald's All-American. Compared to what Tyus accomplished in his one year at Duke (national champion, 1st round draft pick), what Reid has achieved pales, and that's what I was comparing him to.

That Stanford degree sure won't hurt him either

Compared to what Tyus accomplished in his one year at Duke (national champion, 1st round draft pick), what Reid has achieved pales, and that's what I was comparing him to.

Kind of a difference in supporting cast, don't you think? The Duke team that Tyus was on had three first rounders including two lottery picks (Tyus wasn't one of the lottery picks). That team also had two other players, Quinn Cook and Marshall Plumlee, who have been bit players in the NBA. The team also had Grayson Allen who stuck around for 4 years and is expected to be a first rounder this year.

Kind of a difference in supporting cast, don't you think? The Duke team that Tyus was on had three first rounders including two lottery picks (Tyus wasn't one of the lottery picks). That team also had two other players, Quinn Cook and Marshall Plumlee, who have been bit players in the NBA. The team also had Grayson Allen who stuck around for 4 years and is expected to be a first rounder this year.

The teammates he surrounded himself with was largely Reid's choice, no? He knew who the guys on the team in classes ahead of him were as well as the members of his recruiting class when he signed. He chose an elite academic institution with a decent basketball program. Tyus chose an elite basketball program that happens to be at an elite academic institution, but his choice was all about basketball.

It could Happen!

The teammates he surrounded himself with was largely Reid's choice, no? He knew who the guys on the team in classes ahead of him were as well as the members of his recruiting class when he signed. He chose an elite academic institution with a decent basketball program. Tyus chose an elite basketball program that happens to be at an elite academic institution, but his choice was all about basketball.

We are very close to being the best team in the Big Ten. Only 3 players away.

Ramey: He sees how much talent we have at every position and knows we now only have three players at the 1 and 2. Lots of playing time for him. He commits by end of May.

Travis: Draft doesn't go as expected and Stanfords team is marginal. He realizes joining Jordan Murphy down low gives him a chance to be one of the best 1-2 punches in the Nation. He commits in May

Lastly, Coach K leaves Duke, weather it be retirement or wire tap revelation or former player coming clean. Tre Jones decides to be the final piece for a team that has the opportunity to win it all. He commits in June.

If we get Ramey, Jones, and Travis, we would be preseason favorites in the Big Ten.

See only 3 recruits away from a Final Four. It could happen!

Did I mention, that I also told the people sitting by me at the Vikings Saints game that we were going to win, right before the Miracle in Minnesota happened. Sometimes predictions do come true.

Did I mention, that I also told the people sitting by me at the Vikings Saints game that we were going to win, right before the Miracle in Minnesota happened. Sometimes predictions do come true.

If you can bring those 3 things to pass, your powers will indeed be indisputable. Also, a small request. My 401k is starting to not look so good the last few days. Wonder if you can do something about that? I'd be grateful.

Hopkins native and career 39% 3-point shooter. Wouldn't be a bad bench option.
Looking at his numbers for his first two seasons... he's a bigger Jamir Harris. He often only shoots three pointers. For a one year option, I don't see how this would be bad given you have three open scholarships now and you're simply trying to fill some depth with a couple of the spots.

You're actually arguing with that? There is no reasonable comparison between what Tyus accomplished in college vs. what Reid has accomplished. It's not even close.

Tyus accomplished a great deal in his one semester. Reid got done a ton more in college. Winning the title clinches the playing part for now. Reid may do better in hoops sooner then you think and then there is that incredible Stanford degree. Really cool to see Reid get that, thrilled to see Tyus get his title. Never knew that there were folks on here that loved Tyus getting that at Duke !

Tyus accomplished a great deal in his one semester. Reid got done a ton more in college. Winning the title clinches the playing part for now. Reid may do better in hoops sooner then you think and then there is that incredible Stanford degree. Really cool to see Reid get that, thrilled to see Tyus get his title. Never knew that there were folks on here that loved Tyus getting that at Duke !

Reid may do better than Tyus in hoops soon? Huh? Tyus is already in the NBA as a first-round pick and will have a long career with a floor of being a solid rotational player. Reid will be very lucky to ever play in the NBA at all, let alone stick on a roster for many years. He is a very good college player, but undersized athletic post players are a dime a dozen in the NBA. He's not even listed on top 100 draft prospect lists, meaning he currently has to jump at least 40 players to even be considered for the end of the 2nd round.

Reid may do better than Tyus in hoops soon? Huh? Tyus is already in the NBA as a first-round pick and will have a long career with a floor of being a solid rotational player. Reid will be very lucky to ever play in the NBA at all, let alone stick on a roster for many years. He is a very good college player, but undersized athletic post players are a dime a dozen in the NBA. He's not even listed on top 100 draft prospect lists, meaning he currently has to jump at least 40 players to even be considered for the end of the 2nd round.

Reynolds from Pacific is off the market. Will play for Oklahoma next year

Top Bottom