Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    29 minutes per game last year at UAB and a career 37% 3 point shooter. Pass first PG at nearly 5 assists per game. Worth a look. OSU and Purdue also in the market for him.
    Just read that Norton's visiting Ohio State next week and Purdue shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by HOOP DREAMS View Post
    Had to look at his stats after you posted this... Was thinking he was a 1.2/2.8 or something...

This season: 2.0/2.1 - Previous 2.0/1.7 & 1.2/.09

C'mon mane.
    The point is he has a terrible assist/turnover ratio for a point guard, which made me question if he even is one. You're splitting hairs just as much as I am. Nick Norton's assist/turnover ratio is 3.06. Nate Mason's, who is not known as a pass first point guard by any means, was 2.8. Nixon's is 0.95. That's a pretty big difference and only slightly better than Reggie Lynch's (0.93). I think it's fair to question how much of a point guard he is and whether he would actually be competing with Washington for the starting spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    Nixon's is 0.95. That's a pretty big difference and only slightly better than Reggie Lynch's (0.93). I think it's fair to question how much of a point guard he is and whether he would actually be competing with Washington for the starting spot.
    Yes, I expect with numbers like that Pitino isn't thinking about him as much of point guard. He has three open scholarships and needs scorers too. Between Mason and Lynch we lost about 27 points per game.

Norton off the board after committing to Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGopher View Post
    Norton off the board after committing to Drake.

Drake? Why would he not want to play for a higher profile school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bordergopher View Post

I would suspect the answer is that he wasn’t in mix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    I would suspect the answer is that he wasn’t in mix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We were reported having scheduled him for a visit.

We were reported having scheduled him for a visit.

Chances are, he felt he would have a bigger role at Drake. Here he would have been slated as backup PG. I wish we could have gotten him, but that's the problem with grad transfers- they want to start right away.

Maybe education played a part and basketball wasn't his highest priority, wanted more playing time, a scholarship player picking a school where basketball was only one of many parts to the decision, horrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post

highligts
    Prentiss Nixon did not list the gophers in his final 4 schools. It will be either Iowa St, Illinois St, Loyola-Chicago or SMU.

Quote Originally Posted by Winona Gopher View Post
    Prentiss Nixon did not list the gophers in his final 4 schools. It will be either Iowa St, Illinois St, Loyola-Chicago or SMU.
    I'm okay with that personally, especially if we are able to get McGowens in this class.

Quote Originally Posted by jovs View Post
    Maybe education played a part and basketball wasn't his highest priority, wanted more playing time, a scholarship player picking a school where basketball was only one of many parts to the decision, horrors.
    Well, there's nothing special academically about Drake, particularly at the graduate level. Maybe he just wanted to get this over with. These are the last few weeks of the semester (possibly a pretty busy time for him) and he didn't want to spend time visiting a bunch of places. Maybe he saw Drake and just thought it was a good enough fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    I'm okay with that personally, especially if we are able to get McGowens in this class.
    Yeah, if. If not, I'm not so happy. I'm sure there are other prospects lined up but there have been more announcements today about transfers committing than about new transfers.

I think Reid Travis name has popped up somewhere in this thread. Found this article interesting.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/4/10...ll-reid-travis

Quote Originally Posted by Block M View Post
    I think Reid Travis name has popped up somewhere in this thread. Found this article interesting.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/4/10...ll-reid-travis
    I saw that too when it was posted. It does say in the article that Reid Travis has not publicly announced that he is transferring. The logic seems to be “If he’s testing the NBA draft waters, it’s a sign he might be interested in playing elsewhere next season.” So it’s still largely speculation as to whether he will transfer at all.