Possible grad transfers for the Gophers

Perfect for next year, I'm sure there would be spots will his size would impact his defensive ability but you aren't asking him to play 29 minutes and when that happens take him out. He's got great shooting mechanics, could use a shooter like that.

It also looks like he likes to move the ball. We can use that, too.

Well, maybe by May the snow will be gone. Or maybe not.

So am I correct in thinking he’s a sir out transfer and not a grad transfer?

My knee-jerk negative reaction was due to his diminutive size. Now after reading more about him, I like what I hear. I’m not nearly as concerned about height for point guard, though it sure is nice. On the surface, sounds like a take to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuller Tweeted that Pitino is planning to visit Prentiss Nixon from Colorado State on April 17th. Will be a senior next year. not sure if he would be a grad transfer or a sit and play guy. Not sure if he would be eligible for a "hardship waiver" since they got a new coach or not. He was the rams leading scorer

Fuller Tweeted that Pitino is planning to visit Prentiss Nixon from Colorado State on April 17th. Will be a senior next year. not sure if he would be a grad transfer or a sit and play guy. Not sure if he would be eligible for a "hardship waiver" since they got a new coach or not. He was the rams leading scorer

Sounds like he would have to sit out the year, but I would definitely take him. A year to redshirt and improve. If he gets a waiver to play immediately, I would imagine that he starts over Isaiah.

yup. seems odd that the teams leading scoring would be transferring if he wouldn't be eligible elsewhere doesn't it?
seen another tweet that both Pitino and Conroy will be on the visit

yup. seems odd that the teams leading scoring would be transferring if he wouldn't be eligible elsewhere doesn't it?
seen another tweet that both Pitino and Conroy will be on the visit

His coach left so it isn't that odd. Perhaps he isn't a fan of Niko either, but it isn't too odd IMO.

Sounds like he would have to sit out the year, but I would definitely take him. A year to redshirt and improve. If he gets a waiver to play immediately, I would imagine that he starts over Isaiah.

per an article, the Gophers would have to apply for a hardship waiver for availability this coming season. Anyone know, can the school only apply for the waiver once the player signs on with the school?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E6rEasxqldU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

highligts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E6rEasxqldU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

highligts

That Colorado State floor is either awesome or atrocious. I can't decide which.

He shot 35.9% in a worse conference and can we even call him a point guard when he averaged more turnovers than assists? I haven't seen him play, but he seems like an undersized SG who likes to chuck. Would be surprised if he started at PG for us, but like I said, I haven't seen him play.

He shot 35.9% in a worse conference and can we even call him a point guard when he averaged more turnovers than assists? I haven't seen him play, but he seems like an undersized SG who likes to chuck. Would be surprised if he started at PG for us, but like I said, I haven't seen him play.

Exactly right. He's looks like a combo guard and perhaps a perfect to get time behind IW and share time with McBrayer at the 2.

can we even call him a point guard when he averaged more turnovers than assists.

Had to look at his stats after you posted this... Was thinking he was a 1.2/2.8 or something...

This season: 2.0/2.1 - Previous 2.0/1.7 & 1.2/.09

C'mon mane.

29 minutes per game last year at UAB and a career 37% 3 point shooter. Pass first PG at nearly 5 assists per game. Worth a look. OSU and Purdue also in the market for him.

Just read that Norton's visiting Ohio State next week and Purdue shortly after.

Had to look at his stats after you posted this... Was thinking he was a 1.2/2.8 or something...

This season: 2.0/2.1 - Previous 2.0/1.7 & 1.2/.09

C'mon mane.

The point is he has a terrible assist/turnover ratio for a point guard, which made me question if he even is one. You're splitting hairs just as much as I am. Nick Norton's assist/turnover ratio is 3.06. Nate Mason's, who is not known as a pass first point guard by any means, was 2.8. Nixon's is 0.95. That's a pretty big difference and only slightly better than Reggie Lynch's (0.93). I think it's fair to question how much of a point guard he is and whether he would actually be competing with Washington for the starting spot.

Nixon's is 0.95. That's a pretty big difference and only slightly better than Reggie Lynch's (0.93). I think it's fair to question how much of a point guard he is and whether he would actually be competing with Washington for the starting spot.

Yes, I expect with numbers like that Pitino isn't thinking about him as much of point guard. He has three open scholarships and needs scorers too. Between Mason and Lynch we lost about 27 points per game.

Norton off the board after committing to Drake.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Norton off the board after committing to Drake.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Drake? Why would he not want to play for a higher profile school?

I would suspect the answer is that he wasn’t in mix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were reported having scheduled him for a visit.

Chances are, he felt he would have a bigger role at Drake. Here he would have been slated as backup PG. I wish we could have gotten him, but that's the problem with grad transfers- they want to start right away.

Maybe education played a part and basketball wasn't his highest priority, wanted more playing time, a scholarship player picking a school where basketball was only one of many parts to the decision, horrors.

highligts

Prentiss Nixon did not list the gophers in his final 4 schools. It will be either Iowa St, Illinois St, Loyola-Chicago or SMU.

Prentiss Nixon did not list the gophers in his final 4 schools. It will be either Iowa St, Illinois St, Loyola-Chicago or SMU.

I'm okay with that personally, especially if we are able to get McGowens in this class.

Maybe education played a part and basketball wasn't his highest priority, wanted more playing time, a scholarship player picking a school where basketball was only one of many parts to the decision, horrors.

Well, there's nothing special academically about Drake, particularly at the graduate level. Maybe he just wanted to get this over with. These are the last few weeks of the semester (possibly a pretty busy time for him) and he didn't want to spend time visiting a bunch of places. Maybe he saw Drake and just thought it was a good enough fit.

I'm okay with that personally, especially if we are able to get McGowens in this class.

Yeah, if. If not, I'm not so happy. I'm sure there are other prospects lined up but there have been more announcements today about transfers committing than about new transfers.

I think Reid Travis name has popped up somewhere in this thread. Found this article interesting.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/4/10/17219840/kentucky-basketball-reid-travis

I saw that too when it was posted. It does say in the article that Reid Travis has not publicly announced that he is transferring. The logic seems to be “If he’s testing the NBA draft waters, it’s a sign he might be interested in playing elsewhere next season.” So it’s still largely speculation as to whether he will transfer at all.

Top Bottom