Possible grad transfers for the Gophers

Otis

Reaction score
Please put any rumors of possible grad transfers for Mr. Pitino here. And please don't mention Reid Travis, that is not going to happen.

The biggest and most glaring hole on the team is currently PG. Mason is done and IW is a single point of success/failure from a true PG standpoint. We definitely could use a mature stable hand to help IW carry the load.

SF is the next weakest link and we could use a shooter who can knock down some shots and make life easier for Murph and company inside.

I see a grad transfer possibly eyeing Minnesota as an opportunity to make a B1G impact and get to the dance.

Isaiah Wright from USD is a possible grad transfer. 6'2" PG who averaged 5.4 assists and 13.5 pts per game. Keeps the PG initials the same. Also a cross between IW and McKinley Wright.

Not a PG but Terry Larrier 6'8" guard from UCon is also rumored to be looking for a transfer opportunity and made 37.8% of his 3's this year.

Please put any rumors of possible grad transfers for Mr. Pitino here. And please don't mention Reid Travis, that is not going to happen.

The biggest and most glaring hole on the team is currently PG. Mason is done and IW is a single point of success/failure from a true PG standpoint. We definitely could use a mature stable hand to help IW carry the load.

SF is the next weakest link and we could use a shooter who can knock down some shots and make life easier for Murph and company inside.

I see a grad transfer possibly eyeing Minnesota as an opportunity to make a B1G impact and get to the dance.

I'm not that worried about SF. Coffey is there. Kalsheuer could play there. McBrayer can swing over to the that spot and Hurt is there. I'd love to see a 6'2-6'3 guy who is a combo guard who can score and play some point...a guy who can play 10 mins at the 1 and 15-20 minutes at the 2. Must be a solid 3 point shooter.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mike Daum. not a ball handler but could find a spot for him on the roster, I think.

Have to think Geno Crandall is a legitimate option. Minnesota ties, very talented player and I am pretty sure he is eligible.

Have to think Geno Crandall is a legitimate option. Minnesota ties, very talented player and I am pretty sure he is eligible.

Pretty sure he red shirted and is out of eligibilty. That's part of the lore that goes with his story.

Oops. Thought I was responding to Daum. Brain fart.

Pitt Basketball is being gutted with transfers and recruits asking out! 7 players asked to be released today. Not sure if any of them have possible ties here or would be any help but it looks as though Pitt will only have 3 returning players.

My #1 wish for the Gophers is a pure scorer. Ideally, a guy who can hit a lot of 3's while adding at least some mid-range game and defense.

But, above anything else, I want a guy who shoots with confidence. in a perfect world, a clone of Voshon Leonard. A guy who looks at the defense, says "bleep you," and nails another shot. That kind of guy.

Pretty sure he red shirted and is out of eligibilty. That's part of the lore that goes with his story.

Oops. Thought I was responding to Daum. Brain fart.

He did redshirt, which is exactly why he has a year of eligibility remaining.

If a basketball player transfers to another school and then sits on the bench for the following year (as required, they have to sit a year), can they then transfer to a third school and immediately play? Or, if they transfer to that third school would they have to sit out yet another full year?

Pitt Basketball is being gutted with transfers and recruits asking out! 7 players asked to be released today. Not sure if any of them have possible ties here or would be any help but it looks as though Pitt will only have 3 returning players.
One of those guys is 6-6 Malik Ellison who had us in his final 2 or 3 teams a few years back. He averaged about 7 points a game for St Johns, left for Pitt, sat out a year and now wants out.

Marcus Carr had Gopher interest out of high school. Rivals says we offered, 247 says we didn't. 6'1" guard, 10 ppg in nearly 30 minutes, 4 assists to 2.8 turnovers, 33.3% from 3, 81% from the free throw line.

I'm sure many of us remember Malik Ellison, I guess he transferred to Pitt from St. John's after 2 years, sat out this year, and is apparently transferring again.

I don't think I recognize any of the other names from my time following Gopher basketball recruiting, and I think both of these guys would be sit-out transfers, unless Ellison graduated in 3 years.

Someone else mentioned Terry Larrier of UCONN, he was a top 40-50 recruit with a Gopher offer out of high school, and would probably be a pretty sweet pickup if we were able to get him. He's a 6'8" SF averaging nearly 14 points a game this past year on 41% from 2 and 38% from 3.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hopkins native and career 39% 3-point shooter. Wouldn't be a bad bench option.

2 scholarships... and neither does Jake.

Reid Travis also hasn't even said that he's going to transfer, so hoping to get him is like hoping that Tre Jones will ask to be released from his letter of intent to Duke and come here. And we already have a stud power forward on the roster. Reid Travis is a pipe dream until he announces he's transferring.

Reid Travis also hasn't even said that he's going to transfer

I didnt bring up his name pal..was just responding to the comment he doesn't play pg.

We won't be looking at only PGs.

Hopkins native and career 39% 3-point shooter. Wouldn't be a bad bench option.

He averaged 5 ppg and didn’t even start (16mpg) for a 16-18 Miami of Ohio team. I don’t see how this would be a fit at all for the Gophers.

He averaged 5 ppg and didn’t even start (16mpg) for a 16-18 Miami of Ohio team. I don’t see how this would be a fit at all for the Gophers.

Averaged 26 the year before, so you can see why he's getting out. But with Harris and Gabe, I don't see the Gophers being a good landing spot for either party.

Averaged 26 the year before, so you can see why he's getting out. But with Harris and Gabe, I don't see the Gophers being a good landing spot for either party.

He averaged 26 PPG a year ago? Too lazy to Google this, but that simply can't be true. Did you mean minutes?

Reid Travis

Why would Reid leave a school he loves for one he said no too. Do you know what Stanford grads give up. His family says he is starting on his grad work there, is that not true ? All the Pulley guys were talking about it at state.

Why would Reid leave a school he loves for one he said no too. Do you know what Stanford grads give up. His family says he is starting on his grad work there, is that not true ? All the Pulley guys were talking about it at state.

Calm down. Have to start calling you ruppert! Jk.

Reid isn't coming back here. And honestly, we don't need a 4/5 man GT. We need a GT guard and 2018 guard/wing.

Yes, we now know you know the pulley guys...cool....

Top Bottom