Sid Hartman: Gophers coaches draw scrutiny as contract renewals approach

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Hoops program hurt

When it comes to head coach Richard Pitino, there’s almost no question he will be back next season after a ton of injuries hurt a team that started 13-3 but finished 2-14 down the stretch.

In Pitino’s case, Coyle said that the Gophers recruiting class for next season, which ranks 36th in the country according to ESPN, along with the return of injured players, should make for a much better squad.

“I think we have a strong recruiting class coming in. It’s hard. People forget we lost Eric Curry at the start of the season to a knee injury. And having Curry back and getting Amir Coffey back — he had successful surgery — so getting Amir back, and Dupree McBrayer, I’ll tell you what he gutted it out all year, he had injuries all year and he competed and played hard,” Coyle said. “If we can get those guys back healthy, get our freshman in here, I’m confident coach Pitino and that staff will be competing for Big Ten Championships like we want to do.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-coaches-draw-scrutiny-as-contract-renewals-approach/476894423/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom