McBrayer: "Next Season We Going Dancing Fellas"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Make sure they don't use fake ID's to get in the club.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm not setting any expectations until game 1 of next year. We all know what happened this year...

McBrayer must be a Cubs fan. ...Wait til next year...

Lots of bad has to happen for the Gophers not to be in the NCAA Tournament next year. I wouldn't say there is any surprise at all to that...like Pitino says provided we stay healthy and I'll add eligible. We'll have minimum 7 different additions to the team...8 if you count Coffey.

Lots of bad has to happen for the Gophers not to be in the NCAA Tournament next year. I wouldn't say there is any surprise at all to that...like Pitino says provided we stay healthy and I'll add eligible. We'll have minimum 7 different additions to the team...8 if you count Coffey.

7? Who else besides the three freshman, Curry, and Stockman?

7? Who else besides the three freshman, Curry, and Stockman?

In a sense, you can count McBrayer as being an addition for next year. He contributed a lot this year, make that a LOT, but he was only playing on one leg and never practicing. I'm expecting more from him next year. So, three freshman, Curry, Stockman, and (depending on how you look at it) McBrayer and Coffey, and perhaps another player for our open scholarship slot. It's a stretch to count 'em up that way, but it does come out to eight.

You mean the 2016 world series champs? Well if that's the case, sign me up!
Yeah, the club that took over 100 years to win. What are we on at present? It must be over 100 for Gopher basketball.

I love the positive vibes from McBrayer. If the whole team takes this attitude and does the work in the offseason, it will be an excellent team.

I love the positive vibes from McBrayer. If the whole team takes this attitude and does the work in the offseason, it will be an excellent team.

The NCAA Tournament has a high bar, and that's as it should be. If next years team makes the field, it'll be a huge overachieving accomplishment. Best of luck to them.

I would just like a year with no drama. No off-court sideshows.

This program needs some continuity, and consistency. If they can win a few games, too, that would be nice.

but more than anything else, I just want to see the program get off this roller-coaster they've been on the last few years: good year - down year - good year - sex video - good year - EOAA investigation.

It would be wonderful if we could spend an entire season just talking about on-court issues - the offense - defense - coaching moves - matchups.

The NCAA Tournament has a high bar, and that's as it should be. If next years team makes the field, it'll be a huge overachieving accomplishment. Best of luck to them.

It will be an accomplishment to make the Dance, but overachieving? I'd say it would be closer to meeting expectations. Considering the lineup:

Murphy - All-B1G level player who lost his fellow post player and fell from National Player of the Year consideration as a result. Double, double machine. A pulse at center will put him right back to effectiveness. And Oturu is WAY more than a pulse.

Coffey - All-B1G freshman, who if recovered fully from his injury should be expected to be right back where he should be.

McBrayer - Senior, competent shooting guard with length on defense. I healed fully, should easily average 12 points per game.

Curry - Near Murphy level forward on good nights when healthy. Sorely missed this year. Sounds like his rehab is going well and he is a valuable contributor.

IW - Trying rookie season for this young man. What with the notoriety, the legal issues, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that countries refusal to accept him! Well, that's more than most teenagers can handle! OK, he's not Oggie Oglethorpe and he wasn't the second coming of Earl the Pearl, but he looked good at the end of the season and I think the lightbulb is now on!

Oturu - Looks like the second coming of Mbawkwe! Kid can rebound block shots and score with authority. Definitely will be able to free up Murph to go to work or he will make teams pay.

Hurt - Guy got valuable minutes and should take another step. Confidence has to be gained and it seems he is in collection mode.

Harris - Had flashes. Just needs to get up to speed.

Stockman - Dude. I have no expectations for this guy at all. Just hope he can be better than Bakary and Gaston. Is that asking too much?

Kalesheuer - Love the name I can't spell! If he shoot it like they say he has to be an improvement to the 10 deep spot on the team. Did we have 10 players this year?

Omersa - I think this guy is going to be a steal! A full year younger than the rest of his recruiting class in a man's body. Just being a beast would help immensely! May be red-shirted though.

Empty Scholarship spot - Just need a PG. Doesn't have to be amazing, just has to limit the turnovers and run the offense. I think we can get that.

Replacement transfer for Fitz: if this materializes, and I don't see why it wouldn't, They would not be the key to making the Dance, but moving up to the top 4 of the conference in my opinion.

I have no doubt that those top 11 guys could have gotten a 9-9 record in the B1G this year. Will next year be harder? I kinda doubt it.

So, I agree with Pree!

Top Bottom