NCAA Tournament Thread

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
UCLA scores just 9 points in the last 16 minutes of the first half.

Alford gonna get the axe after UCLA falls to St Bonaventure? Bonny looked good. Played nasty defense down the stretch.

I'll add my two cents to this thread when the Tournament actually begins as I do not recognize play-in games as anything other than NIT games played in Dayton.

I'll add my two cents to this thread when the Tournament actually begins as I do not recognize play-in games as anything other than NIT games played in Dayton.

One team from the first four has won a first round game every year since 2011. I believe three have gone to at least the S16.

Anyone picking big upsets today or tomorrow. I picked SDSU over Ohio St and have St. Bonaventure over Florida.

Great first game coming down the wire with Oklahoma and Rhode Island.

Go Gophers!!

Rhode Island's shot selection the last few minutes leaves a lot to be desired.

Go Gophers!!

Kansas hanging on after a terrible start. Gonzaga going to pull it out.

Jack rabbits putting up good fight

Miami goes down

Only able to follow the tracker at work. Looks like a 3 with a second left to take the lead?

Yeah, Miami missed the front end of the one and one up by 1....Loyola rebounded the miss with about 8 seconds left and the guy hit a straightaway 3 to win. They reviewed it and put .3 seconds back on the clock but watching it live, Loyola won on the buzzer beater.

Here:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0d_G0TOp16s" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There are lots of empty seats in these first round games. Not good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This Houston/San Diego State game is amazing.

Go Aztecs!!

Gotta give Kelvin Sampson credit for leading Houston to their first tournament win since the 80s.

Go Gophers!!

Love how Buffalo is taking it to Arizona. Oates would definitely be on my short list.

Sexton is incredible when he gets hot.

Go Gophers!!

Not a good time for Buzz Williams to get a technical.

Buffalo has been making me $$$ all season. I'm said I didn't hit that +380 money line harder.

When you think about it, kinda smart on Arizona’s part. Now they don’t have to vacate any tournament wins from this year.

I can say I didn't see this coming at all. Arizona has probably the most talented team in the country and many were picking them as a national champion contender. I have them losing to Virginia in my bracket, but now I'm not sure about them getting there either after the Hunter injury.

Might be smart to have a slow, grind it out type game in a situation like Michigan was against Montana. No reason to let it go run and gun and risk them getting hot. Make it a half court game and let your size/rebounding/defense win out. Boring and ugly game but it's almost a sure 8-10+ point win.

Wonder if Minnesota could have leveraged this approach a bit more against Middle Tenn. last year?

Love how Buffalo is taking it to Arizona. Oates would definitely be on my short list.

If you go based on style of play and what the team is good at, it does speak well of Oates. His team is dynamic and competent on both offense and defense. They're fundamentally sound rebounding the ball and tend to make good decisions out there. They played without fear and didn't try to take the air out of the ball when they got a lead. They took a few punches and kept coming. I'm guessing they don't have a lot of highly recruited players, but their guys have skill and quickness and just enough size.

Top Bottom