NCAA Tournament Thread

Is the Konate on WV related to Bakary?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hard to believe, but, apparently, yes. He's his brother (the family is supposed to be very large, though).

What a choke job by Xavier. RIP my bracket.

On the left side of the bracket, the top 4 teams left are Kentucky, Nevada, Michigan and Gonzaga, a combined 19 seeds. The other side Nova, Purdue, Kansas, Duke a combined 6.

Hard to believe, but, apparently, yes. He's his brother (the family is supposed to be very large, though).
The larger the family, the thinner the talent is spread. The thinner the talent is spread, the harder the work that needs to be done. The harder the work that needs to be done, the better the coach needs to be.

I wonder what the record for least amount of 1-4 seeds to make it to the S16 is. There’s only 7 this year. By comparison, there were 12 last year.

I just saw a stat that this is the first time in history that all 4 region semifinalists are higher than a 4 seed - in other words, the first time that the 1-4 seeds from the same region were all eliminated in the first two rounds. The last 4 standing in the South region are Kentucky (5), Nevada (7), Kansas St. (9), and Loyola Chicago (11).

What a choke job by Xavier. RIP my bracket.
Nevada winning resurrected my chances of winning my family & friends pool but Xavier blowing their game has me all but dead and buried. Moral victories are all I have left now. :(

Nevada winning resurrected my chances of winning my family & friends pool but Xavier blowing their game has me all but dead and buried. Moral victories are all I have left now. :(

I'm actually tied for 1st in a large group, but unless the Final Four is something like Nevada, FSU, Purdue and Clemson it won't matter.

He's probably more naturally gifted than Bakary, but he might have been no less of a project than our guy was. People are giving a lot of credit to one of West Virginia's assistants for developing Konate. If that's the difference, our team could probably use an assistant like that.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm actually tied for 1st in a large group, but unless the Final Four is something like Nevada, FSU, Purdue and Clemson it won't matter.

My bracket blew up quickly and then has gradually crept back up the standings as the entire field has blown up. I have a final of Michigan/Villanova with Nova winning, if that somehow happens....

Blown up brackets? smh
a7b08b6229b105c66d2954ff90f4f1d7.gif

I have Gonzaga beating Nevada and then beating Kentucky. Losing to Purdue in the finals. Everyone was laughing at me on Thursday but no one's laughing now. That said, I still can't name a player on Gonzaga or Kentucky so this is all luck.

I always think it's funny when people say their bracket is busted after round 1. Nobody picks even close to a perfect bracket. For the most part, as long as your champion is still in it then you still have a chance to win your pool. If you correctly pick the champ plus maybe 2-3 final four teams (depending on 1-how crazy things get that year and 2-the number of people in your pool) then you are for sure in the top 3. I think I've been in one pool where someone got all four final four teams, and that was the one year (2008) when it was all #1 seeds.

And yes, it is pretty much all luck. I remember seeing a tweet from a college basketball writer, think it was Eamonn Brennan, where he said that every year he does a bracket challenge with his wife who does not pay any attention to college basketball and she has won three years in a row.

Not willing to man up. Very Deuce like, Dolly. Called out on your garbage and you only cower.

Ok, internet tough guy. Please point out where I said either of them would do anything. You're making sh1t up and trying very pathetically to be some sort of tough guy.

Oh, and I assume your rant was directed at me - I had to guess because I don't know who Dolly is.

Ok, internet tough guy. Please point out where I said either of them would do anything. You're making sh1t up and trying very pathetically to be some sort of tough guy.

Oh, and I assume your rant was directed at me - I had to guess because I don't know who Dolly is.

The Dolly - "Are you counting out Purdue and Michigan already?"

Man up. $$?

The Dolly - "Are you counting out Purdue and Michigan already?"

Man up. $$?

I said that, not "The Dolly," whoever that is. And you got out of that that I think either of them will do anything, and that I want to bet money on it? Ok, crazy person.

I said that, not "The Dolly," whoever that is. And you got out of that that I think either of them will do anything, and that I want to bet money on it? Ok, crazy person.

Backpeddling 101.

Spouting off and wont man up. Very Deuce like.

Top Bottom