NCAA Tournament Thread

This is a pretty awful loss for Michigan State and God Izzo. Just a complete inability to figure out Boeheim's zone.

With the talent on that roster anything short of a Final Four is pretty disappointing.

Couldn't make a shot. They figured it out at times but too often settled for open 3s that they couldn't hit. They had so many open shots.

Karma for the athletic department says I

Knocked out by a play-in #11 seed. Not good.

If Sparty played 100 games this season they would not shoot worse than they did today. Really bad time to go cold.

Interesting MSU message board going much more nuclear than Virginia board the other night. A good amount of blame given directly to Izzo and some the game has passed him by. Virginia fans more kind to Bennett, but pretty strong suggestions that he needs to take a look at his offensive schemes.

Couldn't make a shot. They figured it out at times but too often settled for open 3s that they couldn't hit. They had so many open shots.

I think this shows us how the ncaa tournament really is all about the match up. Syracuse is a tricky match up considering most people don't play against a really good 2-3 zone like that w that much length. Acc teams are used to it but in the tourney, it can knock teams out that still on the perimeter dumbfounded and shooting badly.

The middle of the zone was wide open all game. MSU had a guy there in the 2nd half that didn’t even look to shoot. I would have put Bridges there.

The middle of the zone was wide open all game. MSU had a guy there in the 2nd half that didn’t even look to shoot. I would have put Bridges there.

Yeah, Michigan State has all these great athletes yet somehow mcquade plays a ton of minutes and goes 1-7

I think that was mcquade who kept passing up the elbow jumper

MSU went a hideous 8-37 from three point range. Syracuse taunted them to hit them all day and they never could.

MSU went a hideous 8-37 from three point range. Syracuse taunted them to hit them all day and they never could.

MSU message board split between those who think it was just one of those bad shooting days that happens to every team and those who think the Spartans blew it by not attacking the zone gaps more aggressively once they realized shots weren't falling.

Another blue blood going down. No doubt UNC spending too much time on classwork - makes it difficult to focus on basketball.

I'm starting to believe the karma thing watching UNC get b!tch slapped by A&M.
The question to beg is: What the h3ll did Tony Bennett do to get @$$ whipped by UMBC? [emoji32]

Am looking forward to the UMBC game. Guessing they'll have the crowd in the arena rather significantly on their side.

I'm starting to believe the karma thing watching UNC get b!tch slapped by A&M.
The question to beg is: What the h3ll did Tony Bennett do to get @$$ whipped by UMBC? [emoji32]

Couldn't happen to a more deserving team than Carolina.

I'm not sure what Bennett did, but he does appear to inspire false idol worship. :cool:

Are you counting out Purdue and Michigan already?

Without Haas, yes. And I think Michigan is going to have a very hard time with A/M.

You think boiler and ann arbor will win, eh? Otherwise no reason for the snarly comment.

If Sparty played 100 games this season they would not shoot worse than they did today. Really bad time to go cold.

The BUZZ is there is a lot of tears being shed by some of the gh faithful after this devastating loss by St Tommy and Sporty.

What a comeback by Nevada. Down 22 in the second half to tied. I don't know what Musselman teaches his guys, but they have had some unbelievable ones the last two years.

And Nevada wins it. Wow. Either Nevada or Loyla will be in the Elite 8. As expected.

Yeah, Michigan State has all these great athletes yet somehow mcquade plays a ton of minutes and goes 1-7

I think that was mcquade who kept passing up the elbow jumper

They had 13 Ben Carter in the middle of the zone most of the second half.

Coach Cal was whining after the bracket release about the region they are in and having to travel to Boise (surprise, surprise). Now they won’t have to face a team ranked higher than 9th before the elite 8.

With TN and Cinci losing, the highest ranked team they would have to face before the final four is possibly Nevada at #7.

UMBC getting open shots, can't convert.

Without Haas, yes. And I think Michigan is going to have a very hard time with A/M.

You think boiler and ann arbor will win, eh? Otherwise no reason for the snarly comment.

I don't know whether either will win. Neither does he, and neither do you. That is indeed the point.

UMBC played hard and came close. The refs didn't help them out late in the game. If Brown had been called for his 5th foul around the 3:00 minute mark UMBC may have won. K State ended up scoring on their possession, so it was a potential 4 point swing at a critical juncture.

Is the Konate on WV related to Bakary?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

UMBC played hard and came close. The refs didn't help them out late in the game. If Brown had been called for his 5th foul around the 3:00 minute mark UMBC may have won. K State ended up scoring on their possession, so it was a potential 4 point swing at a critical juncture.

Yes, they play very hard and they really are good on the defensive end. However, they scored enough points against VA because their threes were falling (12-24) and their free throw shooting was very good. They were only 6 for 22 from 3 and 9-18 from the free throw line tonight. They didn't have the size, athleticism, or confidence to go inside against KSU with any authority.

Top Bottom