NCAA Tournament Thread

Coach K just yelled “that’s a flop” at the refs.

As always things just fall into place for Kentucky who now doesn't need to pay Arizona or Virginia.
And the hilarious part is that Calipari and Kentucky fans were crying beforehand about how they got a raw deal on the seeding. Now they have a cakewalk to the Elite 8. And I'm skeptical of just how good Cincinnati is. They've already beaten Tennessee this year.

So impressed with Coach Bennett's postgame last night. I know this isn't life and death, but Bennett's responses and demeanor I think give his players a path to begin to recover from the most devastating loss in bb history.

Looks like UConn women didn't share Virginia's fate on their 1 vss 16 game. Ahead 94-31 at halftime.

I would rather have had it happen to Puke or NC, Arizona or Kansas, but having it happen to a vaunted ACC team is a nice consolation prize. Cavs really panicked and the Dogs played fearless. I wonder if Virginia will go after Odom as their new coach when they figure out it had to be coaching that caused them this embarrassment.

There was a rumor they almost hired Daddy Odom after they fired Pete Gillen two coaches ago. Maybe when Bennett takes over Wisconsin in 2 years...

Actually he is viewed as a savior. They have won the ACC under Bennett as all their history combined. He can name his job. Do not get me wrong, it was a truly horrible loss and all the credit to UMBC. UVA offered no excuses. They will be back with his best team ever. They will have more natural scoring, length and bounce then ever. There AD is a woman that loves everything about Bennett, Carla would not trade TB FOR ANY COACH IN AMERICA.

Savior is a bit much. Every coach since Terry Holland has gotten them to the NCAA's. They didn't require "saving." I'm sure Carla loves him. But what does Mr. Jefferson think? That's all that matters.

Kentucky is playing really well. Somehow Buffalo hanging in. Great game.

Great ending for Loyola. March Madness is the best sporting event - not even close.

Kentucky is playing really well. Somehow Buffalo hanging in. Great game.

Coach Cal was whining after the bracket release about the region they are in and having to travel to Boise (surprise, surprise). Now they won’t have to face a team ranked higher than 9th before the elite 8.

Coach Cal was whining after the bracket release about the region they are in and having to travel to Boise (surprise, surprise). Now they won’t have to face a team ranked higher than 9th before the elite 8.

And Cincy doesn't impress me much. Wouldn't be shocked if either Nevada or Loyola takes them out.

Good finish though.

Another reminder that free throws are free.

Congrats Michigan. No team in the history of the NCAA tournament has ever played worse and rreached the Sweet 16

Good finish though.

Another reminder that free throws are free.
It was a good finish. I expected two B1G losses with the way Michigan was bricking up shots and missing free throws. That shot by Poole was what makes this tourney special.

Ugly game between Houston and Michigan.

Practically a foul on every possession and less than half of them correct calls. The best part of the game was how hard and how well Houston played, especially Gray. Wasn't cheering against Michigan, but I feel really bad for the Cougars.

Congrats Michigan. No team in the history of the NCAA tournament has ever played worse and rreached the Sweet 16

That's what I call a team of destiny. A four point play and a five point trip and a buzzer beater all in the last six minutes of a game they had no business winning. I wouldn't want to be playing them right now.

That's what I call a team of destiny. A four point play and a five point trip and a buzzer beater all in the last six minutes of a game they had no business winning. I wouldn't want to be playing them right now.

Believe he missed the FT for a 4 pt play

Practically a foul on every possession and less than half of them correct calls. The best part of the game was how hard and how well Houston played, especially Gray. Wasn't cheering against Michigan, but I feel really bad for the Cougars.

Couldn't possibly cheer for Houston. Kelvin Sampson leads the Head Coaches in America with NCAA violations. Oklahoma on three years probation before he goes to Indiana. Indiana on probation after he gets fired. He is nothing but a cheat and a criminal. How he is back coaching again is unbelievable.

Purdue, without Haas, holds off Butler to get to the sweet sixteen.
Mathias with a clutch 3 pointer after Purdue had thrown the ball away three times in a row.

This MSU game shows that basketball refereeing is just guesswork. They blow the whistle on half the shots and try to make the fouls even.

Another year without a big ten champion

This is a pretty awful loss for Michigan State and God Izzo. Just a complete inability to figure out Boeheim's zone.

With the talent on that roster anything short of a Final Four is pretty disappointing.

Top Bottom