NCAA Tournament Thread

Refs accord Dukies great latitude in calling fouls. :mad:

Gotta day Jim Boeheim (although older) looks better than Coach K.

I was wondering the same thing. Like maybe we read a scouting report wrong or something.

I heard Richard was too busy looking for his receipt to prove he filled up his rental car and lost the report. So he just flipped a coin.

I think Jim Boeheim also has a younger looking wife than coach K. Primarily because she is, indeed, considerably younger. Just say’in.

The "Fire Matt Painter" crowd will have their knives out over this.

Well, the left side of the bracket has a regional final seeding total of 32 while the right side total is 7. It's been a fun tournament overall but I do wonder if the national semi-final will be tantamount to the national title game and the national title game will be a snoozer. Hopefully, somebody from the left side can deliver a 2010 Butler style performance in the title game although Michigan, the only high seed left on that side, has been quietly very strong in this tournament.

Well, the left side of the bracket has a regional final seeding total of 32 while the right side total is 7. It's been a fun tournament overall but I do wonder if the national semi-final will be tantamount to the national title game and the national title game will be a snoozer. Hopefully, somebody from the left side can deliver a 2010 Butler style performance in the title game although Michigan, the only high seed left on that side, has been quietly very strong in this tournament.

If Michigan makes it, I think the national title will be a good game. If they don't, it's going to be a blowout.

Probably true, although Loyola would make for a great story.

Would love to see Loyola to keep winning. But they'll eventually get blasted if they run into Michigan, or Villanova, or Duke like George Mason did in 06.

Loyola playing very well again.

Fun to watch. Would be fourth 11- seed to make final four. All have lost in semis to this point.
Hopefully Michigan can keep big ten hopes alive - would also eliminate chance of all ACC final.

Not Division I, but a great DII Championship today. Tough loss for Northern State.

Michigan with a couple nices series there.

Big three to go up by 10.

Imagine how good Michigan would have been if DJ Wilson came back for another year.

Why did Florida St give up with over 10 seconds left?

I think they didn't want to foul the kid who rebounded it, then when he didn't pass it, the reality sunk in that they would go down by 5 or 6, and that it was going to essentially be over at that point. Why prolong it.
If it was only a 1 or 2 point lead, (or even three maybe), it would have been worth the try.

If Michigan shoots free throws, they are under 10 seconds and Michigan can just foul them for 2 free throws a couple times and it's a painful ending that way as well.

Fun to watch. Would be fourth 11- seed to make final four. All have lost in semis to this point.
Hopefully Michigan can keep big ten hopes alive - would also eliminate chance of all ACC final.

Has a double digit seed ever made the national championship game?

Has a double digit seed ever made the national championship game?

No, the lowest seed to play in the championship game is #8:
1985, #8 Villanova defeated #1 Georgetown 66-64,
2011, #8 Butler lost to #3 UConn 41-53.
2014, #8 Kentucky lost to #7 UConn 54-60.

I think they didn't want to foul the kid who rebounded it, then when he didn't pass it, the reality sunk in that they would go down by 5 or 6, and that it was going to essentially be over at that point. Why prolong it.
If it was only a 1 or 2 point lead, (or even three maybe), it would have been worth the try.

If Michigan shoots free throws, they are under 10 seconds and Michigan can just foul them for 2 free throws a couple times and it's a painful ending that way as well.

The FSU coach should be fired today for either giving up on his team or for complete incompetence. Either way, he doesn't belong on the bench for a power conference team.

You still have to try. Remember the Gophers-Michigan game where we tried to foul, refs missed it and we stole the ball instead? It can happen.

After 22 and a half minutes of B.B. Duke has 6 fouls. 3 overtime’s will get Kansas to the bonus.

Clearly off duke. Even with the emphatic signal from the impartial ref.

That was a fun game to watch. At one point late in the 2nd half, there had been 17 lead changes. Two really good teams. I’m glad KU won.

Duke's zone was terrible. The only thing that stopped Kansas at all was the shot blocking of the Duke bigs.

Duke's zone was terrible. The only thing that stopped Kansas at all was the shot blocking of the Duke bigs.

They should have gotten in the man-man sooner and stayed there. It's what was working.

Total, complete choke by the Dukies. That short-arm 5-foot airball by Carter followed by him totally leaving Newman wide open on the perimeter...my god, it was like a contest between him and Allen to choke the game away.

Top Bottom