2018 Football Captains?

SleepingGiant

Reaction score
I tried to look it up, but had no success. Does anyone know if Fleck has named the 2018 captains yet? If not, who would you like to see as captains?

If it's anything like last year, there will be about 20 each week and they'll vary from week to week. I think it's part of PJ's leadership team thing.

Yeah I could see that again. However, Fleck can't bring 20 guys to big ten media day.

I'll take a stab at Media Day attendees then.

Rodney Smith
Jacob Huff
Carter Coughlin
Blake Cashman

I'm sure Fleck will have half the team with those ugly C's plastered on their jerseys again this season.

I'll take a stab at Media Day attendees then.

Rodney Smith
Jacob Huff
Carter Coughlin
Blake Cashman

Greene for Cashman, would be my guess. But a good list either way

Why would any captains be chosen yet? I would wait until after the Spring game (or at least on that day). Mason and Brewster would notoriously pick a few Juniors for the Senior banquet that weren't starters by the next season.

Aren't there official captains, and weekly position group captains?

Aren't there official captains, and weekly position group captains?

If you mean official "season-long" captains, I don't believe so. Claeys had named Celestin, Lingen and Smith as 2017 captains in late 2016 but Fleck scrapped that in favor of the leadership council and weekly captainships. Per a Pioneer Press article in April 2017:

In December, when Tracy Claeys was still the head coach, the Gophers named three co-captains to lead in 2017 — Celestin, tight end Brandon Lingen and running back Rodney Smith. But Fleck favors a meritocracy. During the season, he picks new captains to represent the team on Saturdays.

“All the guys can earn being a captain of the football team somehow, some way,” he said.

https://www.twincities.com/2017/04/...ouncil-to-set-the-football-programs-standard/

I think Tyler Morgan should be a captain, so we can call him Captain Morgan.

(true story - I have a niece named Morgan. she was captain of her HS softball team, and for the team picture for the yearbook, she did the "Captain Morgan" pose with one leg up. the yearbook made them re-shoot the picture.)

I tried to look it up, but had no success. Does anyone know if Fleck has named the 2018 captains yet? If not, who would you like to see as captains?

In continuance of pandering to the players, everyone will be a captain this year and PJ will bring the entire team to media days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom