Coughlin - - DE or LB?

Could your skin get any thinner?

I always love your responses to my posts. No name calling this time tho? No crying about my signature this time? Those things really bother me - being so thin-skinned and all.

Amazing to me how often I get shredded for suggesting something unpopular / against the party line, and then, before you know, it is acceptable for others to suggest. But, I get it - I don't think collared shirts matter so.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call me cynical......but I tend to discount program heights and weights. Some programs - HS and College - are fairly accurate in their listed heights and weights - but other programs are far less accurate. they take the players' word for it, or in some cases, they bump up heights and weights to make the team seem more imposing and/or provide false information to opponents. I see it a lot with listed heights for basketball players, and weights for football players. A kid gets listed at 160 for football, and he winds up wrestling 138 in the winter. I don't think he dropped 20 pounds - I think those 20 pounds were never there to begin with.

So, Coughlin might weigh 245 - or that's what he told the coaches - or that's what the coaches wanted to list him at, because they think it sounds better, or they don't want other teams knowing they're playing a 225lb DE.

Look - if he can play effectively at DE, I really don't care what his weight is. But, all things being equal, I would prefer someone a little bigger. Quickness is great, but when you've got a 300 pound guard or a 320 pound tackle coming out to block you, there is no substitute for size.

Not being argumentative...if that's the case, we should assume most teams do it. I could just as easily say the same about TJ Watt. It's the only real data point to use, so we either use it across the board equally or we don't use it.

The same thing came up in the Cashman discussion about not being big enough to be an every down LB like Barber. They too are almost the same size.

Everyone, please note: CC was not used as a DE last year! He will not be used as DE this year! He was a hybrid OLB lined on the end for rushing. Please listen to PJ’s interviews and read House’s thread about CC.

I always love your responses to my posts. No name calling this time tho? No crying about my signature this time? Those things really bother me - being so thin-skinned and all.

Amazing to me how often I get shredded for suggesting something unpopular / against the party line, and then, before you know, it is acceptable for others to suggest. But, I get it - I don't think collared shirts matter so.........

You weren’t the only one saying they hope he’s moved back to LB. I was saying that all season, many others were as well. Why do you make things up?

You weren’t the only one saying they hope he’s moved back to LB. I was saying that all season, many others were as well. Why do you make things up?

He's a genius in his own mind. We're all lucky to have him here and get his unique insight...

Did I say I was the only one?
Why are you making that up?

Everyone, please note: CC was not used as a DE last year! He will not be used as DE this year! He was a hybrid OLB lined on the end for rushing. Please listen to PJ’s interviews and read House’s thread about CC.

Did you watch the games last year? I get that we got cute and called it something else, but he lined on on the line and rushed the edge (also typically attempted to set the edge on rush defense). We can call it whatever, my initial post was also an attempt to sidestep that argument.

Last year, CC lined up on the edge and rushed the QB on almost every play.

Did I say I was the only one?
Why are you making that up?

You're right. My apologies. My point is that it's false that most people thought he is best suited at DE. Many have said all year he is probably better at LB.

Top Bottom