Who has nicer facility: Vikings or Gophers

• Gophers

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Vikings

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Saw this video today and got me thinking who has the nicer facility? Not including stadiums.

I like the Gophers indoor practice facility better but overall I believe it's the Vikings. Keep in mind, I haven't been in either facility - going by videos and pictures. The Vikings site has 180 photo barrage of the facility - it's nice. Vikings has cryotherapy, treadmills in the pools, etc. 4 outdoor practice fields with a mini stadium. The Gophers weight room looks bigger (don't know the sq footage off the top of my head).

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/photo-gallery/A-Photo-Tour-of-the-TCO-Performance-Center/ee0215da-c8a1-4841-89d8-83784add7035

I think the Vikings facility is impressive. The fact the Gophers facility is in the neighborhood and this point is debatable is great for us.

I think the Vikings facility is nicer, but with the location and convenience of the Gopher facility... it is the overall better facility.

I think the Vikings facility is nicer, but with the location and convenience of the Gopher facility... it is the overall better facility.

I don't really see how the location enters into the equation. Each are placed properly for each set of athletes.

I was at Winter Park about 4 years ago and it was an absolute dump. The Vikings needed new facilities more than the Gophers.

As someone who has not been to either facility I think the answer is obvious.

I don't really see how the location enters into the equation. Each are placed properly for each set of athletes.

I'll use an example to explain what I mean..if the Vikes would have built their stadium in Arden Hills, there is no doubt they could have made it more luxurious and nicer than U.S Bank stadium just due to no restraint on the property...but U.S Bank stadium is so special because of the way that it fits into the city and surrounding area.

The Viking facility is nicer than the Gopher's but I love the way that the Athletes Village fits into campus and the surrounding area. The Vikings new facility is just kind of there by itself and does not really do much for me in terms of asthetics. Either way, it is awesome that both hometown teams have facilities that are among the nicest in the country!

Obviously the more money you have the nicer its going to be. The Vikings are owned by pretty wealthy people as they have had some great success in life. I never was in Winter Park and can't believe it didn't even have air conditioning until the Wilfs got involved. Not sure how you could bring in a free agent in on a hot steamy day.

I'll use an example to explain what I mean..if the Vikes would have built their stadium in Arden Hills, there is no doubt they could have made it more luxurious and nicer than U.S Bank stadium just due to no restraint on the property...but U.S Bank stadium is so special because of the way that it fits into the city and surrounding area.

The Viking facility is nicer than the Gopher's but I love the way that the Athletes Village fits into campus and the surrounding area. The Vikings new facility is just kind of there by itself and does not really do much for me in terms of asthetics. Either way, it is awesome that both hometown teams have facilities that are among the nicest in the country!

Wilf''s are developing retail, hotel, and 1,000 unit apartment complex around it in next 10-15 years. It will look significantly different moving forward.

Location is an apples to oranges companion. Of course a College team is going to be by the school. An NFL team can kind of go wherever they want within the city or metro. Anywhere in the metro it's not far for an NFL team, although many people believed that the NFL stadium in Anoka was way too far which I found laughable. It is what a 20-25 minute drive to downtown from there? Wasn't like Duluth or St. Cloud. Not really much worse than when things were in Bloomington.

Gophers much better, not even close. I hear that the Vikings facility doesn't even have a single basketball court. The Gophers have two entire floors of basketball courts.

Anyone out there that's visited both?

The State of MN gave the Wilfs a big fat corporate welfare check to build a state of the art stadium and keep the Vikings in town.

Their largess is buying the old NW airlines property that will not only attract free agent prospects, but it gives us two very nice football complexes in town that will serve their purpose well the other being the Athletic Village.

IMHO, the Wilfs are here for the long haul and are serious about bringing a SuperBowl Championship. They are heavily invested now in the team and the State.

Let's hope the Gophers bring some B1G Championships too.

Can't compare the two. I like both facilities. Like someone mentioned, the U's new facility fits really nice in the urban campus.

Gophers much better, not even close. I hear that the Vikings facility doesn't even have a single basketball court. The Gophers have two entire floors of basketball courts.

I bet there aren't any tutors at the Vikings facility too!

Although the Vikings football only facility is very massive and impressive, I picked the Athletic Village with its versatile space serving all athletes and its spectacular view of downtown and the campus. Having two separate basketball courts for the men and the women's program is awesome, and hopefully will pay dividends and attract recruits.

I like the way both the Vikings and the Gophers facilities are laid out with close proximity to the indoor and outdoor training fields. What athlete would not be tempted to play in either facility?

Both are great assets in the State that will impress any visitor.

I was having difficulty deciding on the two the last few days. I realized that one is covered with the always awesome block 'M' and the other doesn't have a single one and it became a no brainer.

Unless we start recruiting against the Viking, who cares. We have a beautiful state of the art facility, so enjoy it.

Top Bottom