Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    I called the ticket office. Was emphatically told it will not be part of season-ticket package, and that season-ticket holders will not have any special access to get tickets ahead of the general public. I know for sure the West Virginia game in 1997 at Target Center was part of the season-ticket package, and that they tried to put season-ticket holders as close as possible to where their Williams Arena seats were.
    On the bright side, not including it with season tix means it will count as a road-neutral win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski U Mah Gopher View Post
    The same thing is happening in volleyball. The Big Ten/ACC Challenge is at Target Center (a rehearsal for the Final Four) and it's not part of the season ticket package either.
    Money grab. They should just say it. They are in for a bunch of extra cash because of the added seats available, they could throw a bone to long time supporters of the programs by at least including them in the package. I would be willing to pay the market rate and I think most would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ope3 View Post
    On the bright side, not including it with season tix means it will count as a road-neutral win.
    Quad 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Man View Post
    Quad 1?
    Not sure, I have to check with Joe Esposito.

Blog Entries

Not sure, I have to check with Joe Esposito.
    Or Bill Walker.

Is the U.S. Bank game confirmed as not part of season ticket package? I have the solicitations for renewal but have not looked at them closely. If that game is an extra charge, call me a really po'd season ticket holder. When they did the game at the dome in 96, I'm pretty sure it was part of our package, but I can't remember.
    I know the 96 game was part of the package. We attended and didnt pay any extra.

Money grab. They should just say it. They are in for a bunch of extra cash because of the added seats available, they could throw a bone to long time supporters of the programs by at least including them in the package. I would be willing to pay the market rate and I think most would as well.
    Could the "Money Grab" be by the Vikings/Wilfs, not the University?

That's good news, Clem.

What will the capacity be for basketball? It seems unlikely they're going to get 30,000 in there regardless of who the opponent is, so you'd think they could spare 8K for the season ticket holders.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    I called the ticket office. Was emphatically told it will not be part of season-ticket package, and that season-ticket holders will not have any special access to get tickets ahead of the general public. I know for sure the West Virginia game in 1997 at Target Center was part of the season-ticket package, and that they tried to put season-ticket holders as close as possible to where their Williams Arena seats were.
    Our athletics department is wildly incompetent. I don't think I am ever going to blame fan apathy/frustration on a coach in any sport so long as these knuckleheads run the show. They seem to actively try to reduce fan interest, and then wonder why they don't sell more tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    Our athletics department is wildly incompetent. I don't think I am ever going to blame fan apathy/frustration on a coach in any sport so long as these knuckleheads run the show. They seem to actively try to reduce fan interest, and then wonder why they don't sell more tickets.
    That pretty much sums it up.