Plea to Bring Back Johnny Boy...

This thread, for me, is supposed to be a place to revel in how nice things are around here without JB going bonkers every time someone mentions anything potentially negative, or even impartial, about Fleck, or something positive about any coach that's ever coached, other than Fleck. That's been stolen from me and been replaced with a bunch a Trump-hating liberal commentary, and references to awful 80s music.

If you ever want to break up a party at your house, invite these guys.

This thread, for me, is supposed to be a place to revel in how nice things are around here without JB going bonkers every time someone mentions anything potentially negative, or even impartial, about Fleck, or something positive about any coach that's ever coached, other than Fleck. That's been stolen from me and been replaced with a bunch a Trump-hating liberal commentary, and references to awful 80s music.

If you ever want to break up a party at your house, invite these guys.

I think I'd prefer their party. You don't need to be a liberal to be critical of the current administration. And the 80's are hot right now.

I think I'd prefer their party. You don't need to be a liberal to be critical of the current administration. And the 80's are hot right now.

I don't think he is talking about the content of the discussion as much as the need to force it into every conversation.

I was recently at Mammoth Mt and the lodges and bars were playing 80s hits every day. I’m not sure if that’s retro-cool now or they’re just appealing to their more dollar-endowed 40-50s visitors rather than the younger set. Not sure if that’s what the kids like. I loved it.

I was recently at Mammoth Mt and the lodges and bars were playing 80s hits every day. I’m not sure if that’s retro-cool now or they’re just appealing to their more dollar-endowed 40-50s visitors rather than the younger set. Not sure if that’s what the kids like. I loved it.

To continue the digression of the thread: During Show Choir competitions that my high school kids are in, there is a sizeable gap after the last group and before the results are announced. The host schools generally play 80s music to pass the time. The kids know every word and absolutely rock out.

Also think it's from hearing that music played a lot by their parents from a young age. Kinda why the whole student section sings along to Journey and Bon Jovi when it's played at TCF...they've heard those songs their whole lives.

Top Bottom