Plea to Bring Back Johnny Boy...

John Galt

Reaction score
This board needs him. Let him return...

Perhaps he is on a long cruise somewhere.

I agree. He brought a much needed dose of positivity to these parts.

Seems like the plea should be directed at Spoofn and my guess is after JB got over his initial withdrawals, he has filled his spare time in a more productive manner than all the time he spent arguing on GopherHole.

Seems like the plea should be directed at Spoofn and my guess is after JB got over his initial withdrawals, he has filled his spare time in a more productive manner than all the time he spent arguing on GopherHole.

Yeah, but how many PJ Fleck collages does one grown man need?

Maybe this thread should of included a poll to have posters vote on if they want him back or not.

I for one would welcome him back as he did have some good information.

He made a bet and now he has to stick to it. I'm a firm believer that when you make a bet, you pay up. I am pretty certain Dpo would have stuck to his end of the bet had he lost.
He'll be ok. Maybe his life is even better for it.

Lost a bet with Spoof I believe.

FYI - it wasn't Spoofin' it was DPODoll. I have no problem with him coming back, but he did lose a bet he agreed to, so if it was me, I wouldn't since I'd honor the bet... If he wasn't willing to take the punishment he shouldn't have taken the bet. That said I did like having him on the board, whether or not I agreed with everything he said...

There has been challenges on this board, and I'm not sure how many "loose" bets were made in jest. I need a refresher basically what this particular bet was all about.

There has been challenges on this board, and I'm not sure how many "loose" bets were made in jest. I need a refresher basically what this particular bet was all about.

It was team recruiting ranking. It was definitely not just in jest. If he's a man of his word he needs to fulfill his bet.

How about he can come back but with a post limit per day? Maybe like two a day?

How about he can come back but with a post limit per day? Maybe like two a day?

IMO Anything decided would have to be signed off on by Dpodoll. He was the one the bet was against. Props to johnny though being a man of his word and not posting so far

A. Bet was with DPO - nothing to do with me.

B. Please stop this "JB was positive" BS. JB was positive about PJ, period. Started more pissing matches than me about other subjects - and that is saying a lot. Was more negative about previous staff than I am about PJ. That is saying a lot.

C. Good Riddance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe this thread should of included a poll to have posters vote on if they want him back or not.

I for one would welcome him back as he did have some good information.

Can we do this to get rid of posters?? ;)

Johnnyboy was a ray of sunshine this place desperately needed.

I know this isn't a democracy, but if it were up to me, I'd vote for Johnny to come back. But he's probably left this dark, soulless, pit of negativity for something better. (I'm exaggerating on the dark / soulless thing...)

FYI - it wasn't Spoofin' it was DPODoll. I have no problem with him coming back, but he did lose a bet he agreed to, so if it was me, I wouldn't since I'd honor the bet... If he wasn't willing to take the punishment he shouldn't have taken the bet. That said I did like having him on the board, whether or not I agreed with everything he said...

That does make more sense. My apologies to Spoofin.

Johnnyboy was a ray of sunshine this place desperately needed.

I know this isn't a democracy, but if it were up to me, I'd vote for Johnny to come back. But he's probably left this dark, soulless, pit of negativity for something better. (I'm exaggerating on the dark / soulless thing...)

This place is so weird.

People are treating this bet like it's some kind of international treaty. This is a message board where grown adults argue with each other about a game, it's not serious.

People are treating this bet like it's some kind of international treaty. This is a message board where grown adults argue with each other about a game, it's not serious.

I disagree.

We argue about a lot more than just a game.

If I had made a similar bet with a "real-life" buddy, I'd expect them to pay up. Now if they didn't, it's not the end of the world, but I'd lose a lot of respect for a person that doesn't fulfill a bet. A great philosopher once said, "Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we respond to it."

Top Bottom