Selection Show

Only 4 B1G Teams in this year. Very sad.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This was in the cards from the moment the Big 10/ACC Challenge was done along with the Lynch suspension.

As of the show itself, I know I am in the vast minority but I did not have a problem with it, the first hour anyway.

I did not bother to stick around for the 2nd hour analysis but DVRd. I was impressed that they had the 1st round game times and TV stations announced before they left the air when I zoomed through it after catching up on Portlandia.

Tweet of the year so far, and it's hard to see it getting beat.

Seriously, this is the strangest year for the Field I can remember.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe they never talked about it, but unspoken words speak volumes. When the FBI thing first blew, I figured Ok St would be one to get nailed. Both Louisville and USC fall into the category of being hated by the NCAA or not blue enough to be protected. I just read USC's resume, and it could go down as the best one ever from a P5 that didn't make it. This having nothing to do with the FBI is among the biggest sunshine being blown by the NCAA in a long time.

Maybe they never talked about it, but unspoken words speak volumes. When the FBI thing first blew, I figured Ok St would be one to get nailed. Both Louisville and USC fall into the category of being hated by the NCAA or not blue enough to be protected. I just read USC's resume, and it could go down as the best one ever from a P5 that didn't make it. This having nothing to do with the FBI is among the biggest sunshine being blown by the NCAA in a long time.

This does feel like the classic blackball. As much as the whole of CBB is compromised by what's going on, if the selection committee is indeed blackballing teams based on their shadiness, it doesn't help; it only hurts and makes things more tangly, weird and compromised. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Really? I honestly think USC didn't deserve it. They didn't beat anyone. They beat 1 tourney team...1 and that was NMSU. The Pac 12 was just as bad as the B1G: lots of avg to bad teams and compiling wins didn't amount to anything. Like Nebby and Penn st winning 13 B1G games all against bad teams. They hardly beat any tourney bound teams and even those on the bubble.

This does feel like the classic blackball. As much as the whole of CBB is compromised by what's going on, if the selection committee is indeed blackballing teams based on their shadiness, it doesn't help; it only hurts and makes things more tangly, weird and compromised. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I don't really agree. The NCAA might know more than we do. And why let teams in for something that they will likely have to forfeit later anyway? Then again the NC thing is so ridiculous and shows they have zero consistency.

I don't really agree. The NCAA might know more than we do. And why let teams in for something that they will likely have to forfeit later anyway? Then again the NC thing is so ridiculous and shows they have zero consistency.

That's such a schlocky house of cards. That's like excluding people from the MLB hall of fame because they were juicing when others almost certainly were, too, but we don't know who they were. Hey, I guess that's what we DO do.

Top Bottom