ESPN: Rick Pitino says he wants to coach again, in college or pros

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Rick Pitino told ESPN he wants to coach again, whether it's in college or the NBA.

"The level doesn't matter to me," the former Louisville coach said on Friday. "I just need it to be someone who believes in me."

Pitino confirmed that he has hired agent Jordan Bazant, and said he doesn't want to leave the game bitter. He said he has yet to receive any interest from college programs, but told ESPN he had an informal discussion with a representative from one NBA team about a potential opening.

"Every night I go to bed, I'm bitter at the U.S. attorney's office and at the 'board of traitors' at Louisville," Pitino said. "I'm not bitter at the school, but at the board of traitors."

Pitino's time at Louisville was successful on the court but riddled with scandals away from it. He said Friday he would be willing to turn over all his phone records, emails and voice recordings to any school that would want to hire him.

"I've never offered any player $5," he said. "I've been assassinated by the Southern District of N.Y. without any wiretap or shred of evidence, and the University of Louisville. That being said, I love teaching basketball and am more passionate than ever."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...o-says-wants-coach-again-whether-college-pros

Go Gophers!!

Come be an assistant with your son for a year or two.

In the strong feminist State of Minnesota there is no way that happens. Dad is lucky his son wasn't sent packing by virtue of last name alone.
Clearly dad can coach and teach the game, but he'll have to consider a backwater university at this point.

In the strong feminist State of Minnesota there is no way that happens. Dad is lucky his son wasn't sent packing by virtue of last name alone.
Clearly dad can coach and teach the game, but he'll have to consider a backwater university at this point.

Iowa already has a coach.

Just let him be behind the scenes on the recruiting trail.... this would be a huge benefit to the program

I appreciate Rick Pitino as a coach because he cares about his players and was willing to play the game so that his players benefited financially. Sorry Rick, regardless of intent you are a cheater. A good cheater but nevertheless a cheater. IMO NCAA Coaches, AD’s and Presidents are technically not cheaters but that’s only because they have rigged the game. They run it like a Fortune 500 business in every aspect but term their workers in D1 Football and Basketball “students” as a means to grossly underpay them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not going to happen. Long history of unsavory behavior. Start with his history at Hawaii and go all the way through. Great teacher, basketball savant but the U is going to have nothing to do with him. He will get another chance but it will take awhile and likely not in a power conference.

Rick Pitino is the "Norman Dale" of our time. If he loves the game, he'll have to go down to a much lower level. I bet St Paul Humboldt would welcome him in and he could make that school relevant.
Junior College?
His days at an elite institution are done. He's fallen from grace, much like Jerry Tarkanien.

I don’t think an NCAA school will touch him. NAIA or NBA assistant is probably his next stop if he continues.

Top Bottom