Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

http://www.coogfans.com/t/c-o-18-esp...e-signed/12538

Former Gopher signee Jaidah Stewart signed with Houston last week.

Head Coach Ronald Hughey and his University of Houston women's basketball program has received a commitment from Jaidah Stewart (5'9" guard from Kirkwood Senior High School in Kirkwood, Missouri).

"My reasons for choosing UH was the city feeling I get at home," Stewart said. "I love their style of play. It's what I’ve played all my AAU years. The personable relationship with Coach Hughey. And, it just felt like the best decision for me and what I’m looking for."

Stewart is an athletic guard who can play both guard spots and can defend and play pressure defense.

She helped lead Kirkwood High School to a state championship this past season. Stewart scored 22 points and grabbed 7 rebounds in Kirkwood's 67-50 championship win.

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArti...CLID=211786355

The announcement is from mid-January; but Jaidah Stewart transferred to former Badger HC Lisa Stone's Billikens. Stewart played in one game for Houston.

Saint Louis University women’s basketball coach Lisa Stone has announced the addition of 5-foot-9 combo guard Jaidah Stewart to the Billikens’ roster.

Stewart, a St. Louis-area native who returns following one semester at the University of Houston, becomes eligible at semester break next season and will have three-and-a-half years of eligibility remaining.

“We are extremely excited to welcome local All-State player Jaidah Stewart back home,” Stone said. “Jaidah is a top-rated guard who will be a very valuable perimeter player for us. She can score from all over the court and defend with great quickness.

“We welcome Jaidah into our Billiken family,” Stone said. “She is a great addition to our exciting young team. Go Billikens!”

Stewart was selected to the Missouri Basketball Coaches Association All-State team for a third consecutive season after helping Kirkwood High School capture the 2018 Missouri Class 5 state championship and post a 28-3 record. She tallied 22 points and seven rebounds in the state title game.