Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tommypoly View Post
    I'm impressed at how she can finish at the rim, that's the thing that stands out the most. She looks like she gets a little wild/careless at times with the ball though. Looks good though.
    she looks strong as heck so that will clearly help her play through contact. You're right on the handle, she's a little loose with it but that's fixable in time

Just wondering out loud - as far as anyone knows, are the Gophers and Wahlen planning to honor the commitments from the previous staff? I've seen other situations where a new staff takes over, and decides they don't want player X because they don't think X fits into their plans.

i suppose it would depend on whether there are some quality uncommitted players out there who might be swayed by the new Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    Just wondering out loud - as far as anyone knows, are the Gophers and Wahlen planning to honor the commitments from the previous staff? I've seen other situations where a new staff takes over, and decides they don't want player X because they don't think X fits into their plans.

i suppose it would depend on whether there are some quality uncommitted players out there who might be swayed by the new Coach.
    You can certainly do it but I think they have to be careful about that - it's not a feelgood story to see the new coach dump players that committed here. That being said, I understand the desire to upgrade if they feel it's an option but I hope they are very delicate if they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire McHale View Post
    You can certainly do it but I think they have to be careful about that - it's not a feelgood story to see the new coach dump players that committed here. That being said, I understand the desire to upgrade if they feel it's an option but I hope they are very delicate if they do it.
    It seems more likely the players might change their minds instead, depending upon how much of their decision to come here is based on liking Stollings. Odds are probably low on that

Blog Entries

It will be bad karma if you drop players already committed at the start of your coaching gig.

It will have to come from the players decommitting themselves. If let's say they want to play for Stallings at TT who recruited them.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    It will be bad karma if you drop players already committed at the start of your coaching gig.

It will have to come from the players decommitting themselves. If let's say they want to play for Stallings at TT who recruited them.
    I sense the opportunity to open their eyes to other opportunities that might benefit them in terms of playing time......like any......ever.....

Were how many days in and have yet to see any names when have been after with the new staff besides the Hopkins gi

3 names that are high on their list in this state even though they haven’t been confirmed are Sara Scalia, Macy Nilsen and Kallie Theisen.

Quote Originally Posted by gopherhoopsguy View Post
    Were how many days in and have yet to see any names when have been after with the new staff besides the Hopkins gi
    We've seen some names. This staff offered Sasha Goforth and, presumably, the previous staff offered Marquesha Davis. Both are from Arkansas.

It would be nice to hear whether the players signed last November are on board and will be here for summer session.

I’m not sure why, but I have a feeling Whalen and Thibault approve of Finau, and that feeling might be mutual. Just a hunch tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    I’m not sure why, but I have a feeling Whalen and Thibault approve of Finau, and that feeling might be mutual. Just a hunch tho.
    I'm getting the same vibe. Cool.

This little family-made documentary is a bit odd but could give some different insight also.

Lindsay and Carly both started following Madinah Muhammad on Twitter. She's transferring from Ole Miss and led them in scoring with 16.8 PPG. Her Ole Miss bio already lists her as a senior, but 2018-2019 would be her senior year. Sit one, play one if she does come to the U I'm guessing. I can't find anything about her being a grad transfer.

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/...ad_972697.html

Quote Originally Posted by overpass View Post
    Lindsay and Carly both started following Madinah Muhammad on Twitter. She's transferring from Ole Miss and led them in scoring with 16.8 PPG. Her Ole Miss bio already lists her as a senior, but 2018-2019 would be her senior year. Sit one, play one if she does come to the U I'm guessing. I can't find anything about her being a grad transfer.

Another guard? Has Whalen turned into Stollings?

This one strikes me as a volume shooter. 459 FGA at 33.3%

Quote Originally Posted by overpass View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    Another guard? Has Whalen turned into Stollings?

This one strikes me as a volume shooter. 459 FGA at 33.3%
    Muhammad ended up committing to North Carolina. Sit one, play one.