All Things MN Basketball State Tourney Thread

When I go to the Apple Valley gym I see 3 State Champ banners. How many does EP have?

I'm talking all sports, all activities, band, Winterguard. ... there's hardly any room for conference championship banners in the EP gym. State championships, baby! (granted, I know EP unlikely to win the hoops crown)

fun time watching on prep spotlight

Love the way Caledonia plays. The 3 brothers are very tough! Oldest 2 are physical, youngest is super quick. I also like the big 6-6 center who can hit from outside and inside.

Esko didn't use Trapp enough. He was constantly double teamed and found the open man. Trapp is no athlete but he has ok coordination for someone 7-3. Could go somewhere like Iowa/Purdue and be a good center by his 3-4th year.

Eden Prarie is so fun to watch! Well coached team who have excellent sets and spacing. Hard to think its a bunch of sophmores. A very heady team.

The King boys shot terrible from deep, but used their defense to win 80-41. The 8th grader had 7 steals in the first half.

While the Warriors (27-4) are making their fourth state appearance in five years, it’s the first tournament as head coach for King. After serving as an assistant the last five years, he is relishing the chance to coach all three of his sons – senior Owen, sophomore Noah and eighth-grader Eli King. The trio of guards combined for 30 points and 13 of the team’s 22 steals.

Wayzata 8th-grader

How'd Cam Heide look? Is he someone to keep an eye on?

Love the way Caledonia plays. The 3 brothers are very tough! Oldest 2 are physical, youngest is super quick.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money down that Eli King ends up a high major D1 prospect.

I'm talking all sports, all activities, band, Winterguard. ... there's hardly any room for conference championship banners in the EP gym. State championships, baby! (granted, I know EP unlikely to win the hoops crown)

Not like it's exactly difficult when you have a pool of 3k kids to pull from, the majority quite wealthy.

Not like it's exactly difficult when you have a pool of 3k kids to pull from, the majority quite wealthy.

And to have a commitment to excellence!

Seriously though, I was just funnin' everyone. ... just happy to see my stepdaughters' school survive and advance. Truth be told, neither one gives a rat's a*s about sports!

I'm just following the live stats on Columbia Heights vs. De La Salle and it looks like a real barn burner.

Gabe was underwhelming to say the least. Of the 3 incoming players he was the one I was most interested in man guys have off days but that was brutal.

Gabe was underwhelming to say the least. Of the 3 incoming players he was the one I was most interested in man guys have off days but that was brutal.
He has been very impressive all year one bad game isn't real alarming. Numbers don't tell the whole story he had 6 or 7 shots that were halfway down and went out and got hit on the arm a couple times on misses and didn't get the call. Watching though I think DeLaSalle figured they would coast again since they already beat Columbia Heights by 15+ twice and Columbia Heights stuck close the whole game and played with more intensity and got the win in the end.

He has been very impressive all year one bad game isn't real alarming. Numbers don't tell the whole story he had 6 or 7 shots that were halfway down and went out and got hit on the arm a couple times on misses and didn't get the call. Watching though I think DeLaSalle figured they would coast again since they already beat Columbia Heights by 15+ twice and Columbia Heights stuck close the whole game and played with more intensity and got the win in the end.

He's a scorer not a lights out shooter, here are his stats at this web site, not sure of the veracity of the numbers, number of games included etc. but here it is, good FG percentage, not very good 3pt numbers.

https://www.mnbasketballhub.com/stats/team_instance/2911358?subseason=417319&tab=team_instance_player_stats&tool=2574262

He's a scorer not a lights out shooter, here are his stats at this web site, not sure of the veracity of the numbers, number of games included etc. but here it is, good FG percentage, not very good 3pt numbers.

https://www.mnbasketballhub.com/stats/team_instance/2911358?subseason=417319&tab=team_instance_player_stats&tool=2574262

11 Gabe Kalscheur 20 22.7 48 116 .414 38 44 .864 11 42 .262 454

Take another look at that stat line- something is incorrect there. It says he made 48/116 total shots = 96 points + 11/42 3s so add 11 extra points from those shots = 107 points + 38 made FTs = 145 points. But he scored 454 points - so don't trust any of those percentages because something is way off.

Everybody says he's a lights out shooter. I'm going with that.

Wishart is such a stud for Delano. He's going to carry them to a state title. Averaging 32P/15.5R/6.5A in the state tournament. 15.5 rebounds per game -- as a guard! Was a stud WR on their football team too. Headed to Georgia Southern for bball.

Wishart is such a stud for Delano. He's going to carry them to a state title. Averaging 32P/15.5R/6.5A in the state tournament. 15.5 rebounds per game -- as a guard! Was a stud WR on their football team too. Headed to Georgia Southern for bball.

And here we are looking for a PG. It's strange to me that more people on here haven't complained about not getting him.

3K . . . at least.

There are a lot of high schools as big as EP now, and EP keeps on winning. It’s not just that they are big - Wayzata, Mtka, Burnsville, East Ridge, Maple Grove, and others should all be winning more than them then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EP/CDH game took until 4:02 in to score the first points. And it was on an Oturo defensive mistake. He left the baseline wide open for some mysterious reason.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

And here we are looking for a PG. It's strange to me that more people on here haven't complained about not getting him.
I was going to, but that would seem like getting an unneccessary running start on next season.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

11 Gabe Kalscheur 20 22.7 48 116 .414 38 44 .864 11 42 .262 454

Take another look at that stat line- something is incorrect there. It says he made 48/116 total shots = 96 points + 11/42 3s so add 11 extra points from those shots = 107 points + 38 made FTs = 145 points. But he scored 454 points - so don't trust any of those percentages because something is way off.

Everybody says he's a lights out shooter. I'm going with that.

Good point. Also, there's no way he only made 48 shots in 20 games played.

Painful ending to a great career for Gabe. Porous defense, careless ball security for DLS backcourt today. Columbia really worked for it.

Orturu is going to make Murphys life much easier.

Kalscheur have a rough game tonight?

Top Bottom