All Things MN Basketball State Tourney Thread

North Woods had their Cinderella season last year. They play in a weak Iron Range conference, but their two gunners, Goggleye and Olson are back. Live by the 3 and die by the 3. They'll crush Heritage Christian, but may not make the finals.
Hope your right [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

matchups

The sophmore led team, Eden Prairie, just beat C D hall last game of season. The could meet in the semi finals. Lakeville North split with Apple Valley in the regular season. I have a feeling Tre will carry AV in this one though.

Any obvious favorite for the big school bracket? I see Cretin got the #1 seed and Apple Valley got the #2 seed. Should we expect to see them in the finals or is there another team in the wings to look out for?

Any of the top five seeds in AAAA can beat each other, Wayzata as well.

N Woods

North Woods returns 6 of their top 7 players. Guard oriented team that can really score. Has 6-4 and 6-3 inside, so not too big. Mayer L over RTR in semi's, N Woods over Cass Lake in the other. Size of Mayer L. vs N. Woods guards would be a nice final.

North Woods had their Cinderella season last year. They play in a weak Iron Range conference, but their two gunners, Goggleye and Olson are back. Live by the 3 and die by the 3. They'll crush Heritage Christian, but may not make the finals.

Any of the top five seeds in AAAA can beat each other, Wayzata as well.

Agree. Quite honestly I think CDH drew the unseeded team they'd least like to see. The Lake has been their only kryptonite this year, and add to it a team who is peaking, has nothing to lose, and also has solid players with State experience - not the first round matchup I'd want if I were them. They're still the odds on favorites, but I don't think the first two rounds will be as easy as some expect.

I think the AA bracket offers the most intrigue. The talented Minnehaha should get by Jordan. Then they would play the winner of Esko with 7-3 Trapp, or the 6-6 and 6-7 duo at St. Cloud. Brooklyn Center knocked out MN North, they should get by Breckenridge and meet Caledonia in the semi's. Caledonia vs Brooklyn center could be great and it could be the best game of this bracket. Suggs and Minnehaha should beat the winner of this game in the final.

Caledonia vs Brooklyn center could be great and it could be the best game of this bracket. Suggs and Minnehaha should beat the winner of this game in the final.

I'd give Minnehaha the edge, but it was 79-75 when they played a month ago. When Owen and Noah get rolling, it's quite the duo. When it's all said and done, their 8th grade brother Eli (who also starts) might be the best of all of them.

I'd give Minnehaha the edge, but it was 79-75 when they played a month ago. When Owen and Noah get rolling, it's quite the duo. When it's all said and done, their 8th grade brother Eli (who also starts) might be the best of all of them.

I hear the dad is a real piece of work. Supposedly (I heard this second-hand), he "suggested" - or at least hinted - that he might pull his kids out of school if he wasn't hired as the head coach.

Some are probably aware, but there's a web site that streams all the quarterfinal games for free. They also have games during the regular season. The streaming quality and camera work are generally pretty solid/ Announcers can be hit or miss, but it is free. If you are at work and don't have the boss breathing down your neck or you work from home you can tune in.

Games are starting right now. First games of the day feature future Gophers
DeLaSalle vs Hermantown -- should be a DLS blowout
Cretin vs Wayzata -- could be a pretty good game

Here's a link: http://www.prepspotlight.tv/MSHS

Oturu looks really good early on, Chatman and Larson both have D1 offers for Cretin as well.

Some are probably aware, but there's a web site that streams all the quarterfinal games for free. They also have games during the regular season. The streaming quality and camera work are generally pretty solid/ Announcers can be hit or miss, but it is free. If you are at work and don't have the boss breathing down your neck or you work from home you can tune in.

Games are starting right now. First games of the day feature future Gophers
DeLaSalle vs Hermantown -- should be a DLS blowout
Cretin vs Wayzata -- could be a pretty good game

Here's a link: http://www.prepspotlight.tv/MSHS

Thanks! Watching at work. Cretin just opened it up, 40-22 at the half.

Update, both blowouts now.. Cretin and DeLaSalle will be moving on.

https://www.mnbasketballhub.com/ - Live scores

How does Oturo look?

24 pts, double-double & announced MVP of the game.. No real analysis on Oturo, obviously he is a man among boys. I have it going on my 3rd monitor, so mostly listening, watching here and there.

24 pts, double-double & announced MVP of the game.. No real analysis on Oturo, obviously he is a man among boys. I have it going on my 3rd monitor, so mostly listening, watching here and there.

Thanks!

Columbia Heights and Eden Prairie with easy wins over St Thomas and Osseo.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Apple Valley gets a bit of a scare from Forest Lake, but wins 67-60.
Austin with the win over Sauk Rapids-Rice 64-55.

Wishart doing Wishart things for Delano, he's going to do well at Georgia Southern.

The 7' 3" big guy from Esko looks slow and flat footed. Does he have any D-1 offers? I have a hard time imagining he can play above D2.

Thanks. He reminds me of a 7 foot sloth so I am glad the Gophers are cool on him. He just stands in the 2-3 zone and plods down the court. He's also really soft. Good luck to him out-state.

Its been posted about on here, his sister is 6'-9" and was at UCLA.

He's not very impressive, I'll give you that. 7'-3" is crazy tall tho!

I sat by his grandpa at a gophers game Richards first year.. Pitino saw him at a camp back then, you have to keep your eye on a guy that big in your state..

Esko or Cathedral will get drubbed on Friday, but they're now in double overtime. That's fun.

Its been posted about on here, his sister is 6'-9" and was at UCLA.

He's not very impressive, I'll give you that. 7'-3" is crazy tall tho!

I sat by his grandpa at a gophers game Richards first year.. Pitino saw him at a camp back then, you have to keep your eye on a guy that big in your state..
Right now he's Gaston Diedhieu (sp) raw.

I hear the dad is a real piece of work. Supposedly (I heard this second-hand), he "suggested" - or at least hinted - that he might pull his kids out of school if he wasn't hired as the head coach.

The King boys shot terrible from deep, but used their defense to win 80-41. The 8th grader had 7 steals in the first half.

While the Warriors (27-4) are making their fourth state appearance in five years, it’s the first tournament as head coach for King. After serving as an assistant the last five years, he is relishing the chance to coach all three of his sons – senior Owen, sophomore Noah and eighth-grader Eli King. The trio of guards combined for 30 points and 13 of the team’s 22 steals.

Top Bottom