STrib: No experienced QB on Gophers roster, Fleck finds it 'exciting'

Fleck is just trying to stay positive about the whole deal and that is what he is suppose to do.

Fleck is just trying to stay positive about the whole deal and that is what he is suppose to do.

Just like he did last year, when he had two guys with limited experience but who had at least played in a D1 game?

He was also probably excited that the final two games of last year gave him lots of things to work on in the offseason.

If you aren’t excited about seeing who’s at QB this season, you ain’t much of a fan.

Barring injury, we know who it is. What we don't know is who is the 2 and 3.

Russian Roulette is exciting.... I'd still rather not play it.

I think that "Vicious Vic" will be a very pleasant, not so much of a surprise.

Kid has the tools and the moxie.

Barring injury, we know who it is. What we don't know is who is the 2 and 3.

Hmmm, 3 possibilities - Morgan, Vic, Green. Maybe this is exciting like Let’s Make a Deal. There are probably not equal odds here. Fleck has pretty much said a goat is behind Door 3 (Green). Does Fleck know the winner?

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zr_xWfThjJ0?ecver=2" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Hmmm, 3 possibilities - Morgan, Vic, Green. Maybe this is exciting like Let’s Make a Deal. There are probably not equal odds here. Fleck has pretty much said a goat is behind Door 3 (Green). Does Fleck know the winner?

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zr_xWfThjJ0?ecver=2" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
If the car isn't VV, I doubt there is one at all this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

PJ said he's watched Vic's video several times. I don't blame him. It is great viewing.

Vicious Vic = Mitch L + legitimate passing threat. How can we not get excited?

I am also very excited about the buildup of the Offensive Line.

Vicious Vic = Mitch L + legitimate passing threat. How can we not get excited?

I am also very excited about the buildup of the Offensive Line.

If Vic is even a slightly better passer than Mitch, then he will be the best QB in my lifetime as he will extend plays and get extra yardage with his legs that Mitch simply could not.

I wouldn't say I'm "excited" about the QB battle. "Interested" might be a better way of putting it.

This could turn out to be a plus for the Gophers if one of the QBs grabs the job and turns out to be better than we (some of us) think.

But, after last year, I am trying to keep all expectations in check. Last year, the Gophs had 2 QB's with at least some game experience, and we all saw what happened.

this year, no D1 game experience for any of the QB candidates. Expecting, or even hoping, that one of them jumps in and is great - or even good - right out of the bat is a heck of a leap of faith.

for the 1st game of the season, if the QB can just get the team up to the line of scrimmage, call the play, and hand off the ball without anything bad happening, I'll be happy. if the QB can actually complete a pass, I'll be even more happy.

I just hope someone is good enough to stand out early and PJ picks them early on and they can focus on that QB.

I just hope someone is good enough to stand out early <b>and is an extrovert leader </b>and PJ picks them early on and they can focus on that QB.

FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope someone is good enough to stand out early and PJ picks them early on and they can focus on that QB.

FWIW, VVs tape sticks out. So does Annexstad with Seth and Tanner following. Wish we had some rumors escaping practice. Doubt they are progressed beyond drills anyway.

If this isn’t the poster child for a Gopherhole thread, nothing is.

If this isn’t the poster child for a Gopherhole thread, nothing is.

Agreed. Completed with highwayman complaining about the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conspiracy theory:

PJ wants it to look like we don't have a QB for as long as possible so he can get a commitment from one of the highly touted QBs that are wanting immediate playing time.

Conspiracy theory:

PJ wants it to look like we don't have a QB for as long as possible so he can get a commitment from one of the highly touted QBs that are wanting immediate playing time.

That would just be smart by any coach that has 4 QB's that have never taken a snap in a D1 game. Doesn't need to announce a starter until 2 weeks before first game.

If they come out for the first offensive play of the season, and Rodney Smith is in the Wildcat, I may be forced to start drinking again.

I still question if that was part of the awful play last year. Instead of everyone working mostly with one guy, they split all the reps and never got a rhythm between QB and WR. Granted, it's not like I think we might have had Joe Montana and Jerry Rice in disguise regardless...

If PJ had to pony up for season tickets he would be less excited.

Conspiracy theory:

Great QBs seem to flock to great schools and stack up in line so I'm not sure it is a big enough issue that we have to pretend to make room.

I still question if that was part of the awful play last year. Instead of everyone working mostly with one guy, they split all the reps and never got a rhythm between QB and WR. Granted, it's not like I think we might have had Joe Montana and Jerry Rice in disguise regardless...

I think both our QBs last year did in fact prove to be roughly equally capable.... PJ had said last year he wanted to pick early in camp.... he didn't and I thought that was bad, sadly I was right.

Top Bottom