CFN early predictions and breakdowns (Gophers best-case 9-3)

5-7 is my early-season prediction. Here’s to hoping Vic is the second coming of Tim Tebow (college version, of course). I see zero proven D1 QBs on a team that ranked 13th in B1G passing last season. I see a WR crew with one proven good player (Johnson). I see a very heavy emphasis on Rodney Smith - what happens if he gets hurt? Maybe I’m being too negative - very excited to see how our defense will be with Winfield back and very good depth at LB. Love this program, bright future ahead, just think 9 wins is unlikely this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 - 6...
d65962fc4241f0cc2a9d7267f33ac17d.jpg

5-7 is my early-season prediction. Here’s to hoping Vic is the second coming of Tim Tebow (college version, of course). I see zero proven D1 QBs on a team that ranked 13th in B1G passing last season. I see a WR crew with one proven good player (Johnson). I see a very heavy emphasis on Rodney Smith - what happens if he gets hurt? Maybe I’m being too negative - very excited to see how our defense will be with Winfield back and very good depth at LB. Love this program, bright future ahead, just think 9 wins is unlikely this season.

It's amazing there was a B1G team that passed for less yards than the Gophers last year. Then again, Jerry Kill was the offensive coordinator for that team.

The passing game will be better this year. I agree that the floor for this team should be 6-6.

At this point in the process, I like our chances more with our first string against other team's first string than I do with our 2nd string against other team's 2nd string. The amount of injuries we sustain will likely be the biggest factor in our final record. Also the Fresno State game will be huge. Is see between 5 & 7 wins with 5,6,or 7 all being about equal in likelihood.

Agree the floor should be 6 wins. Five or less and Fleck is in recruiting trouble, IMO.

Top Bottom